The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #76
hobo123
Side-Kick

Default Re: Breaking Bad - All Bad Things Must Come To An End - The Finale Thread - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
I slogged my way through the first season of The Wire and stopped out of boredom. BB was much better.
The great thing about the Wire is how real it feels, but that's also a bad thing because it feels like you're watching a documentary and it just becomes quite boring.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #77
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Default Re: Breaking Bad - All Bad Things Must Come To An End - The Finale Thread - Part 13

It's still mind boggling to me after watching this entire series, and especially the last few episodes. How Cranston did not win the Emmy but Daniels did.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #78
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I feel profoundly sad. The music choice was a killer.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #79
StarLord

I thought The Wire was excellent until Season 5.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #80
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo123 View Post
The great thing about the Wire is how real it feels, but that's also a bad thing because it feels like you're watching a documentary and it just becomes quite boring.

I think that's one of the big reasons why I never got into The Wire like a lot of other people have. I don't place a high value on realism. Realism has never been synonymous with "good" to me.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #81
Rincewind
grezdei

Well, all good things must come to an end, I suppose.

Watching Breaking Bad has been an enormous pleasure. Walter White will probably forever be among my very favorite fictional characters.

I liked the way it ended. Even though Walt died, I feel that he... well, not that he redeemed himself, I think it would be forced to say so, but at least he did what was right - maybe for the first time in the series. He saved his family without forcing his money on them, he admitted - both to Skyler and to himself - the real truth about why he became a drug kingpin, he avenged Hank, he rescued Jesse, he trolled Elliot and Gretchen... Heck, with those wads of cash, he even gave Badger and Skinny Pete at least a year full of weed and meth just for playing with lasers I feel like the show ended on a good note, because Walt finally found closure and at the very end was at peace with himself.

It was an awesome show. I will miss it.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #82
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
http://www.thewrap.com/breaking-bad-...0-3-m-viewers/

I'm in shock. This is absolutely incredible. The Season 4 finale got, what, 2m viewers? Maybe even less than that? And now it scored over ten million viewers for an episode. Wow.
For a cable program?? Wow. Amazing. Congrats to to Vince and the team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Breaking Bad season finales viewers (in millions)
Year 1- 1.5
Year 2- 1.5
Year 3- 1.6
Year 4- 1.8
Year 5- 2.8
Year 6- 10.3

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #83
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
I slogged my way through the first season of The Wire and stopped out of boredom. BB was much better.
Yeah, I've only watched a little bit of it but what I saw didn't really intrigue me. Still, I suppose I need to give it a fair shot.

Part of me kind of wants to hate it though after seeing that arrogant windbag Jason Whitlock constantly trash Breaking Bad while acting like The Wire is God's gift to television.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #84
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I thought The Wire was excellent until Season 5.
Not to derail this thread or anything but can someone explain to me why season 5 of the Wire gets such a bad rep? To this day I don't understand why. To me, it was as incredible as the rest of the series and had a fantastic ending (It's probably my second favorite after season 3). It gave us closure on all of the main characters and yet implied that the story will go on and on. What didn't people like about it?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #85
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The Wire is so much more than just it's realism and sociopolitic commentary (which are still greatly done aspects of the show, and great assets for the type of show it is, mind you). It has riveting drama, great suspense, funny humor, memorable characters, emotional weight etc. But each to his own.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #86
Drizzle
Assemble Again

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 09-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #87
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Anyone listening to the last Insider Podcast? Vince's original storyline for Breaking Bad sounds similar to Prisoners.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #88
Mr. Dent
Banned User

That 10 million number tells me that most of the country just wanted to see the series finale to be in on the fad. So glad it ended here, if it had gone on then it would have suffered the same fate every cult show that gets popular suffers. In a way Vince saved us real fans from that. Not to sound arrogant or high and mighty because we watched the whole show and followed it for years but come on...some (or most) people are just groupies.

Bravo Vince.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #89
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

A Clear Ending to a Mysterious Beginning
The Final Episode of ‘Breaking Bad’ Leaves One Question Unanswered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #90
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Brilliant hahaha

Also Dunno if anyone remembers the series finale of mash, I mean it was the most watched. But I was a kid always watched mash with my dad. I'm surprised that finale hasn't been brought up. Since I've seen the comparison to other series finales.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #91
Mr. Dent
Banned User

This reminds me of how Citizen Kane ended. With the one secret, the possible root of his character and motivation for everything he did throughout the story, being left ambiguous. True poetry. Bravo Vince.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #92
StarLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Not to derail this thread or anything but can someone explain to me why season 5 of the Wire gets such a bad rep? To this day I don't understand why. To me, it was as incredible as the rest of the series and had a fantastic ending (It's probably my second favorite after season 3). It gave us closure on all of the main characters and yet implied that the story will go on and on. What didn't people like about it?
Personally, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did watching Season 2 and 3.

I thought the Barksdale story and the cast of characters at that point was the most interesting.... oh and Brother Mouzone, that ''little bow tie wearing mother***** outta NYC'', what a character.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #93
Soapy
It's happening again...

I thought the actress who played Gretchen spelled it out in a recent interview?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #94
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

So many awesome scenes in the Felina, this one was on of my favorites.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 09-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #95
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

So Walter didn't die from cancer or get caught by the police. He died from a bullet from his own gun. Symbolism till the very end, Breaking Bad.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #96
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post

Feels, yo.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #97
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post

Like all that was left of the old Walt just faded away.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 09-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #98
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
It's still mind boggling to me after watching this entire series, and especially the last few episodes. How Cranston did not win the Emmy but Daniels did.
This year's Emmys were for 5A. When 5B goes up next year I think it will be hard to beat just about anyone from this show.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #99
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
This year's Emmys were for 5A. When 5B goes up next year I think it will be hard to beat just about anyone from this show.
I hope BrBa has a clean sweep at next yrs Emmys.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 09-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #100
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

When I saw Matt Jones' name listed in the credits, I nearly screamed, "BADGER!"