The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
Flash525
Side-Kick

Default Something Sitwell Said

Up until recently, with the exception of The First Avenger, and flashbacks, I was under the impression that all of the MCU films were from a chronological perspective - in that if a film was filmed & released in 2015, it was taking place in 2015.

That was until yesterday when I watched the Winter Soldier. During, I think it was the rooftop scene, shortly after Rogers, Tasha & Sam capture Agent Sitwell, he says something along the lines of Shield/Hydra keeping an eye on potential threats; two names he mentions very specifically are Bruce Banner, and Stephen Strange.

The Winter Soldier was released in April 2014, with Doctor Strange being released in November, 2016. Should anyone know of Stephen Strange two years to him actually becoming the Sorcerer Supreme? Is Doctor Strange filmed out of chronological sequence?

Old 04-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Something Sitwell Said

I responded in the Avengers thread too (but figured I'd stick it here as well for anyone that pops by). Feige actually addressed this back in 2016 and it is that his renown and skill as a surgeon is what Hydra perceived as a potential threat - it didn't have to do with his future with the mystic arts:

https://www.cbr.com/feige-explains-w...nge-shout-out/
Quote:
“He is very well-known as a surgeon,” Feige told ComicBook.com during a visit to “Doctor Strange’s” set. “He has got various awards and plaques you’re going to see over there; he attends various galas, might be driving [to] at one point in this movie. He has name recognition and a talent and certain Hydra computers identified him as somebody that could cause trouble for their agendas.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote