The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I can't wait to see "Bor" on film, it's now been confirmed that he is indeed the one who banished The Dark Elves.

Another thing I'm excited to see is Malekith's magic prowess during battle, we've seen him conjuring stuff in trailers but not in battle.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Loki882
Side-Kick

He was blocking Thor's Hammer with his arm gauntlet things in one of the set photos.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
He was blocking Thor's Hammer with his arm gauntlet things in one of the set photos.
I wonder what's gonna happen when that the hammer collides with Malekith's arm gauntlets. It would be cool if he creates some sought of force field that will deflect the hammer.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah but it was just a set photo/video we have no idea how Malekith's magic is going to look in battle.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
BRACERS

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I can't wait to see "Bor" on film, it's now been confirmed that he is indeed the one who banished The Dark Elves.

Another thing I'm excited to see is Malekith's magic prowess during battle, we've seen him conjuring stuff in trailers but not in battle.
Well, I hope they SHOW him and just don't mention him in passing. I have a nasty feeling we won't SEE Tyr either even tho we've seen him in the Prequel comic

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah but it was just a set photo/video we have no idea how Malekith's magic is going to look in battle.
I just seen the on set video. Malekith
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
uses his dark magic to deflect the blows he's receiving from Thor's hammer.One of the deflections sends Thor flying into the air

Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
BRACERS
We're actually going to get to see this guy on the big screen, how do you feel about this Vartha?

Bor - Father of Odin, Grandfather of Thor

Quote:
Well, I hope they SHOW him and just don't mention him in passing. I have a nasty feeling we won't SEE Tyr either even tho we've seen him in the Prequel comic
Well it's just been confirmed with the hero clix action figures that Tyr is the guy standing next to Odin in the "funeral" scene.

Plus Clive Russell is playing Tyr which means he'll definately be in the movie.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
We saw Tyr in a btw featurette. We saw his toy too

Old 10-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

when was it confirmed it was bor, and not odin?

Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Tyr man, try. We saw him standing next to Odin in a bts where people were holding glowing globes.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Tyr man, try. We saw him standing next to Odin in a bts where people were holding glowing globes.
Oh, sorry, I am talking about the "one who banished the dark elves"

I've seen articles talking about Odin being the one who banished the elves, and articles say Odin's father, but I haven't seen anything confirmed

Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
when was it confirmed it was bor, and not odin?
In the Collider set visit, they said Odin was a child when Malekith and The Dark Elves were defeated by his father.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
In the Collider set visit, they said Odin was a child when Malekith and The Dark Elves were defeated by his father.
I don't like that. I was hoping Odin and Malekith/the dark elves would have some personal beef. Plus, I was hoping Odin was more than just 5,000 years old.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #17
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Well, Mal certainly has beef with the house of Odin.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #18
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I don't like that. I was hoping Odin and Malekith/the dark elves would have some personal beef. Plus, I was hoping Odin was more than just 5,000 years old.
Odin is more than 5,000 years old, since he was a child 5,000 years ago, I was hoping he was arounf 10,000 but oh well.

http://collider.com/thor-2-the-dark-...et-visit-recap

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #19
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

I wonder if they'll actually have an actor play the character of if they'll just talk about him in passing.

Curious, does anyone know on who was stronger when they were in their prime between Odin and his father?

So I'm assuming then that it was Bor that was responsible for killing Malekith's children (or child) and his wife as well, leading to the Dark Elf wanting to kill Frigga and Thor.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:47 AM   #20
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Me too. I was hoping that if we were to see him back then, we would see an Odin thatīs still young but not a child(middle aged). I mean old enough to be king and having banished the evil. Would be awesome if they fought together son and father, and his father died(donīt know if this would collide with the comics donīt know the story of Odinīs dad). Anyways 5000 years is a lot so he is pretty old even if he was just a child atm but in the trailer they talk about something that has survived since before the universe. Isnīt the universe like 13 billion years old?

Last edited by Mightyally; 10-03-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #21
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Me too. I was hoping that if we were to see him back then, we would see an Odin thatīs still young but not a child(middle aged). I mean old enough to be king and having banished the evil. Would be awesome if they fought together son and father, and his father died(donīt know if this would collide with the comics donīt know the story of Odinīs dad). Anyways 5000 years is a lot so he is pretty old even if he was just a child atm but in the trailer they talk about something that has survived since before the universe. Isnīt the universe like 13 billion years old?
Thats why I would like them to avoid precise dates. 5.000 years since big bang does not make any sense and it was mentioned that DE rebelled just after the big bang and were banished.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #22
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

[QUOTE=BigThor;26949101]We're actually going to get to see this guy on the big screen, how do you feel about this Vartha?

Bor - Father of Odin, Grandfather of Thor

is that confirmed? or is only the name mentioned?

Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #23
Kingdork
Side-Kick

According to the French website Allocine, the movie is 2 hours and 10 minutes.

The movie premieres in Paris with some of the cast on October 24th.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #24
TRM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Thats why I would like them to avoid precise dates. 5.000 years since big bang does not make any sense and it was mentioned that DE rebelled just after the big bang and were banished.
If you read that article with the spoilers it says something like they were banished to the darkness, and have vanished for 5000 years.
We might not have all the facts, there could be more history to it.

It could be the planets align every 5000 years and the Dark Elves return/haven't been back in 5000 years, but were banished long before that. In the one trailer it talks about the planets aligning every 5000 years... It could be that the dark elves were banished long ago, closer to when the universe began and this has been a recurring problem for Odin's family. In one trailer he talks about how the darkness has returned. We know there's a villain who predates the universe. A villain like Surtur might predate the universe and could have become associated with the darkelves and the darkness before the universe existed as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 AM   #25
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Question asked in the previous thread that I didn't see answered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Do we have a gif thread for this movie yet?
Yes: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456511

~Agents of SHIELD
Closed Thread