The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #101
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Can some friendly soul explain to me why they changed Fandralīs actor? I love Zachary Levi but out of pure curiosity, why?

Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #102
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Can some friendly soul explain to me why they changed Fandralīs actor? I love Zachary Levi but out of pure curiosity, why?
Josh Dallas' commitment to Once Upon A Time overlapped the filming of TDW so he had to bow out. Oddly enough, Zach Levi was their original choice for the role, but at the time of the first movie, Zach's commitment to Chuck prevented him from being in that film (so the part went to Josh Dallas)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #103
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

You think Thor wouldn't have interfered if he saw Loki trying to harm Jane?? Thor's busy summoning lightning and look at Sombra's gif, Loki and Thor are standing beside each other. No way Loki betrays Thor in that scene.
Right back at ya with the gif. Did I say he was hurting her? I was pointing out that it's not in Loki's nature to protect or help. Thor is clearly busy, he could be doing something else to her (magic wise or what not), or saying something to her. But shielding? Nah. Helping her up? Probably not since the gif that Sombra posted had just Loki and Thor standing, not Jane.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #104
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
The other guy had previous obligations to his TV show and couldn't come back. This new guy was originally planned to play Fandral from the beginning but couldn't because of previous obligations to his TV show. It all comes full circle

Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #105
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet, but is that Kurse in the background of Fandral's poster??? Or is it just some mook with a horned helmet?
Pretty sure it's one of the Marauders.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #106
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
The previous guy had tv commitments. Levi was marvel's first choice anyways but he wasn't available at the time due in scheduling conflict.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #107
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Josh Dallas' commitment to Once Upon A Time overlapped the filming of TDW so he had to bow out. Oddly enough, Zach Levi was their original choice for the role, but at the time of the first movie, Zach's commitment to Chuck prevented him from being in that film (so the part went to Josh Dallas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombra112 View Post
The other guy had previous obligations to his TV show and couldn't come back. This new guy was originally planned to play Fandral from the beginning but couldn't because of previous obligations to his TV show. It all comes full circle
Quote:
The previous guy had tv commitments. Levi was marvel's first choice anyways but he wasn't available at the time due in scheduling conflict.
Thx guys! Kinda funny

Old 10-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #108
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
With a TV show, oddly enough.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #109
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
Right, cause Loki is such a good guy . I highly doubt that whatever he is doing has anything to do with protection or helping.
He always has his own motives. If helping Thor and Jane serves him in anyway you bet he would

Old 10-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #110
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
IMHO, this gif here would be Loki standing after Thor lit it up, AKA what happens immediately after that shot, so I doubt he hurt her at all. But that's just my guess. (It's in a spoiler cause Vartha said something earlier about putting them in spoiler tags. I don't want to get in trouble)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

EDIT: For some reason it's only showing the link *grr* trying to fix it...

EDIT 2: My mistake, I was accidentally putting it under URL instead of picture. I'm stupid XP
Loki looks terrified at whatever it is...could it be Kurse? We know Kurse is standing around during handgate. There was also a still at Collider with Loki looking at Kurse with a terrified look

Old 10-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #111
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Loki looks terrified at whatever it is...could it be Kurse? We know Kurse is standing around during handgate. There was also a still at Collider with Loki looking at Kurse with a terrified look
O-o-oh, he kind of does. Maybe he's cautious and surprised because Malekith and/or Kurse is still standing after Thor went full on on their butts.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #112
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

The IGN featurette (youtube version) about 1:23 when Sif puts her sword to Loki's throat, I don't know if it's edited (sped up?) for trailer purposes or if that's how it will be in the movie, but talk about some damn fast reflexes by Loki!!!

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #113
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
The IGN featurette (youtube version) about 1:23 when Sif puts her sword to Loki's throat, I don't know if it's edited (sped up?) for trailer purposes or if that's how it will be in the movie, but talk about some damn fast reflexes by Loki!!!
It was definitely sped up. Humans can't move that fast on command, maybe by pure reflex with adrenaline running, but not in a normal, totally safe environment.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #114
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
It was definitely sped up. Humans can't move that fast on command, maybe by pure reflex with adrenaline running, but not in a normal, totally safe environment.
Oh I know it was sped up from how they filmed it, I just meant more in terms of in world/story since some times trailers will speed scenes up (or slow them down) just for the trailer than how it ends up in the film itself. That's what I was saying I wasn't sure on, whether Loki, as a character (and not Tom as an actor) has that quick of a reflex in the actual movie, or if it was edited just for that trailer/sneak peek (does that make sense?)

Either way, again, damn fast reflexes

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #115
Sombra112
Side-Kick

At 0:12 in the youtube version, you can see Thor and Odin walking around a training yard where the W3 are training with a few other Asgardians. It's not really relevant to anything we're talking about but I thought it looks kind of cool.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #116
thalidomide
The Enemy

I loved that they actually went to some beautiful locations to shoot the movie.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #117
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh I know it was sped up from how they filmed it, I just meant more in terms of in world/story since some times trailers will speed scenes up (or slow them down) just for the trailer than how it ends up in the film itself. That's what I was saying I wasn't sure on, whether Loki, as a character (and not Tom as an actor) has that quick of a reflex in the actual movie, or if it was edited just for that trailer/sneak peek (does that make sense?)

Either way, again, damn fast reflexes
Oh, okay, I get you now . Yeah, good point

Old 10-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #118
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
True. It just has to be obvious. What I mean is that shielding Jane from the light of Thor's lightning isn't self-serving for Loki. It would be a nice thing he did. That's not Loki. Unless she was presented with real danger where if he didn't do something she would get hurt and ultimately ruin his own plans, I don't see him protecting or shielding her from light or glare or anything like that.
Not trying to pick sides, you were just the last one that posted, but here's more information on that shot for you two. I slowed it down and watched it, Jane is turning and pointing her face towards the ground and Loki is kind of hunching over, just a bit and making a move like he's about to hold her head.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #119
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
What I mean is that shielding Jane from the light of Thor's lightning isn't self-serving for Loki. It would be a nice thing he did. That's not Loki. Unless she was presented with real danger where if he didn't do something she would get hurt and ultimately ruin his own plans, I don't see him protecting or shielding her from light or glare or anything like that.
Loki's possible thoughts, "If we get through this alive, Thanos is still coming for me... Hmmm, Thor as a genuine ally would be a huge help. Hmmm, let's protect his woman to start the relationship recovery..."

Or

"Thor told me to protect her, and I think this time he will actually kill me if I don't.... So...."

Or

"Hmmm, I'm going to get a quick kiss and handfull while he's distracted"

Old 10-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #120
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Loki's possible thoughts, "If we get through this alive, Thanos is still coming for me... Hmmm, Thor as a genuine ally would be a huge help. Hmmm, let's protect his woman to start the relationship recovery..."

Or

"Thor told me to protect her, and I think this time he will actually kill me if I don't.... So...."

Or

"Hmmm, I'm going to get a quick kiss and handfull while he's distracted"
Actually, those first two actually sound like they would be plausible. The first more than the second, though the third made me laugh XD

Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #121
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Actually, those first two actually sound like they would be plausible. The first more than the second, though the third made me laugh XD
Stealing Thor's girlfriend would be a pretty hilarious double cross

Old 10-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #122
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Rob Keyes of Screenrant.com just posted a massive article about his set visit. Its pretty extensive with tons of detail about the movie. Weapons used, the worlds visited, Kurse, Malekith etc. Its a great read to pump you up even more for the movie.

http://screenrant.com/thor-2-the-dar...de-spoilers/8/

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #123
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Also this is Vanaheim as depicted in the Thor 2 Video game. Its apparently going to be in the movie as well. Sorry if this has already been posted

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 10-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #124
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
...there’s a bed and a couple books that Frigga brought down there just so he could be as comfortable as possible.”
Mama Frigga loves her black sheep.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #125
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet, but is that Kurse in the background of Fandral's poster??? Or is it just some mook with a horned helmet?
It's a Marauder.

Kurse has infinitely more horns all over his body. Looks completely different, especially if you've seen the still from the trailer (not to mention his toy).

Ironically that Marauder sort've reminds me of Heimdall from the comics.

Closed Thread