The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #301
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

I knew the cgi was too good in that scene :P

What was that scene again?

Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #302
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

He's turning around to save Lois after talking with Jor-El.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #303
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

When Jor el tells him, "You can save them all."

Old 10-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #304
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Henry was made for playing Superman. He has just enough good-intentioned pompousness to totally pull the role off. In a way it's actually good that Lois Lane just wasn't as impressive this time round. If she was any better, it could totally pull the limelight off of Henry himself.

Erica Durance sometimes pulled the limelight off of Tom Welling, even though he was the star. However Henry is so much better than Tom at acting imagine if it were Henry and Erica in a scene together!!!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #305
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Nah, I'm fine with Henry and Amy.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #306
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

It's interesting that all the green screen flying stuff is coming out now. For the longest time I think some people were under the assumption that no wires were used and that all flying was pure cgi?

Old 10-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #307
DCnightwing23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I think I might not even have watched a youtube video that many times much less a movie. Whoa!

And there are, you know, other movies to watch!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm constantly at the movies when im not working or working on art projects of mine. More so during the summer that's for sure.

Excited to see how Cavill ends up physically as this movie starts to film. He had 11 months to train for MOS right? How much time has/will he have for this sequel?

I'm curious if Adams will look more fit this time around, i hate to say this but in some shots in MOS her face looked rather bloated. Whereas afterwards during press events/interviews and red carpet events she looked fit and sexy as could be.

Hopefully Affleck has been hitting the gym hard and hitting the comicbooks, the thing i love about Cavill is that he just immerses himself in the Superman comics and mythology you can really tell he knows his stuff in interviews.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #308
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Yeah, Amy's cheeks were puffy in many moments.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #309
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm constantly at the movies when im not working or working on art projects of mine. More so during the summer that's for sure.

Excited to see how Cavill ends up physically as this movie starts to film. He had 11 months to train for MOS right? How much time has/will he have for this sequel?

I'm curious if Adams will look more fit this time around, i hate to say this but in some shots in MOS her face looked rather bloated. Whereas afterwards during press events/interviews and red carpet events she looked fit and sexy as could be.

Hopefully Affleck has been hitting the gym hard and hitting the comicbooks, the thing i love about Cavill is that he just immerses himself in the Superman comics and mythology you can really tell he knows his stuff in interviews.
I think he'll be the same size around about that we was for MOS, perhaps a little bigger. I would imagine they have him constantly working out even throughout shooting as well. I guess it's good he enjoy's it so much, heh? I think she started shooting not long after having her child, so that might be why. But you're right, for press she looked 10X better than she did in the movie.

Yeah, I think Affleck will be a real fan of the whole thing, so I guess he'll give a very comic book true performance. I was one of the few who actually wasn't absolutely in love with Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne. He's good, but not so good that I couldn't see someone else come in and own the part as well, if not better. I do hope Affleck will do well and potentially even take over as the best Bruce.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #310
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnightwing23 View Post
If anything i felt more and more immersed in the story and look of the film each time. It was pretty spectacular in IMAX
Now that I think on it some more, there are certain film sequences I rarely get bored of seeing. This GIF for example:

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
Old 10-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #311
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Yes, epic.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #312
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Now that I think on it some more, there are certain film sequences I rarely get bored of seeing. This GIF for example:

CAN YOU MAKE IT ON 75X75?

Old 10-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #313
king666
(¬‿¬)

Quote:

Old 10-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #314
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
CAN YOU MAKE IT ON 75X75?
I didn't make the GIF myself -- just found it on Tumblr.

Edit: Kane just modified it a second ago:

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 10-26-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #315
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I think I might not even have watched a youtube video that many times much less a movie. Whoa!

And there are, you know, other movies to watch!
Hee, that's nothing. I've seen the Fellowship of the Ring 21 times in theater, and I lost count of how many times I've watched the extended version. And that's just the first film. The LotR films are like the soundtrack for my life.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 PM   #316
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I so need the BluRay of MOS. It's the only thing that is going to help with the figurative pain I am feeling until the release of S/B.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #317
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I didn't make the GIF myself -- just found it on Tumblr.

Edit: Kane just modified it a second ago:

You!!!!

Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #318
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:

Is this a cgi or green screen?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 10-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #319
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Is this a cgi or green screen?
They chroma keyed CG effects over green screen to make it look as realistic as possible; so, I guess you could say both.

-Arms
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 AM   #320
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Again... All these BTS green screen shots makes the "CGI GUMBY men" complainers look like fools to my mind. Cannot wait for NOV. to get here.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #321
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Again... All these BTS green screen shots makes the "CGI GUMBY men" complainers look like fools to my mind. Cannot wait for NOV. to get here.
Heh, I was just thinking that. On another site, when we first saw the shot of Superman leaving Zod's ship (Christ posing) somebody said "Hello, Man of Rubber" and got all uppity about it. Wonder what that person thinks now, seeing the shot above.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #322
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly, the ONLY CGI shot that bothered me was the shot of Zod kicking Superman into the ground when they were fighting in Metropolis. If I could find a shot of it, I would show it here...but for those who have access to a copy of MOS, it's the shot of Zod where the camera zooms in on his face for a moment when he kicks Superman away. That was definitely CGI and a very noticeable one, where I wonder why they didn't just use Shannon for that since it didn't seem like a complicated shot for the live actor to be in.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #323
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I didn't like when Superman was chasing after Zod in Metropolis, and then stopped to hover and look around. You can really see the transition from CGI model to Henry, and it always takes me out of the film a little.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #324
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
They chroma keyed CG effects over green screen to make it look as realistic as possible; so, I guess you could say both.
What is this chroma key process of which you speak?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #325
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Besides his bubble butt and his tongue-fest with Amy, I'd say Faora.
I agree! For me too Faora was best in show.

Closed Thread