Cav-EL! Don't doubt that Cav-EL. Dude was born for
this role. Love that dude.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #727
maluka
Banned User

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
The thing is that Marvel Studios get applauded by the critics when they include comedy in their movies and they earn money, so the approach works for them.

Now, when DC movies try to include comedy they fail, when DC movies make serious toned movies the critics knock them down saying - "it lacked the right balance" or "movie takes itself too seriously" or "the movie is pretentious" .

I so much agree with uuu !
Anyways, there were some jokes in MOS. So it's ok.

However, the comics seem lighter and less serious than some movies.
When I watch a superhero movie, I don't exactly expect a dark movie...
I think some show miss the "60's feeling" that I like to see sometimes

Henry is said to be in a new movie with Amber Heard. We know he likes blond girls. What's gonna happen?

Last edited by maluka; 11-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #728
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #729
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

It's a shame in a way that we didn't get to see the suit in it's full color. It was obviously more colorful than the film let on and it looks great.

It doesn't come anywhere near the previous costume so I don't know why they'd worry about it looking too bright.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 11-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #730
Daywalker89
Side-Kick

Synder you have lost your damn mind pushing Supes like that. You should be ashamed of yourself. I wonder what would happen if Supes just gave him a lil push , probs fly off to the alantic ocean.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #731
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Nah, he just want to touch Superman's man titays.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #732
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post

That's actually a nice point of direction.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #733
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Nah, he just want to touch Superman's man titays.
Yeah

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #734
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Seeing the costume in natural colors made me realize that the suit's colors are SLIGHTLY too dark, but the suit is about as good I think it will ever be. It's also a reminder of how they struck gold with Henry. It looks less like a director directing an actor, and more like Zack Snyder pushing Superman's chest, and him curling his fist to release the pent up anger (because punching would be too dangerous).

Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #735
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I know right?! Some of the comedy is gold(Loki) and the others is just pointless like Thor riding a train or putting up his hammer, only calling it back next minute.

Remember the days when Marvel was good in Phase I?
ya, it's a shame that they made Loki so exciting to watch and Thor so lame. make u wonder who is the hero here. anyway, i guess Thor 2 will make 100mil opening week easily too.

ok, back to the topic, why they don't like MOS and Henry??? i believe SR and Brandon got some nomination back then.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #736
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
ya, it's a shame that they made Loki so exciting to watch and Thor so lame. make u wonder who is the hero here. anyway, i guess Thor 2 will make 100mil opening week easily too.

ok, back to the topic, why they don't like MOS and Henry??? i believe SR and Brandon got some nomination back then.
These are voted by fans. So a film with fewer fans will have fewer nominations.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #737
MrsKent26
Whatever.

It's voted by people who feel like voting. Mostly teens and tweens. Harry Potter won everything last year. And many movies aren't in it. This isn't a mark against MOS like people make it out to be.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #738
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Obviously it isn't a mark against MOS. But against its popularity. Even in my friend circle and work place, the film hasn't gone down very well. I daresay many people have already forgotten about it. The movie is many things but I don't think it is popular.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #739
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Your circle doesn't reflect the masses. And "popular" films like the Hobbit aren't even nominated. Any movie that makes as much as MOS made is somewhat popular. Maybe not the most popular, but popular nonetheless.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 AM   #740
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Yeah, every single person at my work hated it too, vehemently.

They all love Iron Man though, haha.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #741
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Everyone I know loved or at least liked it. It depends on who you ask.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #742
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I don't know anyone who hated it, but they all said it wasn't as good as they thought it would be. I wouldn't say it's truly forgotten, it just wasn't as impressive as Iron Man, The Dark Knight, The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #743
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Oh the people I know LOVE Iron Man 3. I would go so far as to say that NOW, Iron Man atleast cinematically is more popular than Batman. People just absolutely love Iron Man and Downey's performance in that role.

I think Downey is as loved as the great Chritsopher Reeve was.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #744
The Shield
It's really Happening!

No one I know hated it. Only one person disliked it. She said on her own that she liked ironman better. So she might have gone in wanting more humor then was present. Her problem was the choppy editing. It lacked transition from one scene to the next (which is my problem with it too). She thought Henry was an awesome Superman though. Everyone else either loved it, really like it or enjoyed it.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 11-07-2013, 06:19 AM   #745
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
These are voted by fans. So a film with fewer fans will have fewer nominations.
Really? But superman has massive fanbase. If truly by vote, I don't think it will not get nominated.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #746
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Superman doesn't have a massive fanbase. He just has the most enduring and greatest iconography.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #747
super85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh the people I know LOVE Iron Man 3. I would go so far as to say that NOW, Iron Man atleast cinematically is more popular than Batman. People just absolutely love Iron Man and Downey's performance in that role.

The civilian friends I have have all love the Nolan Batman series. At work for example everyone wanted to see Rises and we went like 6-7 people to see it. Just last weekend a couple of other collegues(female) had a Nolan Batman Trilogy Marathon that I went to, and nobody there reads any comics or are big superhero-fans.

Batman is hugely popular, and the Nolan series is very much liked.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #748
Daywalker89
Side-Kick

i hate the Iron man trilogy it does nothing for me too pent up and lighthearted with too much comedy elements, i can't relate to that fool Tony. To those people that say it is very popular. Well it is but from what ive clocked on its because of that comedy crap " i cant wait for tony to make me laugh these films are so funny" Give me a break Thats why out of my mates i always stray back to DC films i love the dread and seriousness of a hero , physchologically Batman is right up there so are his villians of course. There was a youtube vid about it. To behonest though ive always liked the dark mounful comic book films (batman,the crow etc) I just cant stand all that humored crap .thankfully MOS strayed away from it and what happened total backlash. Where's the humour , where's the lighthearted stuff. Yea it Superman but im glad they gave it a new direction. Why do people not see these superhero films as Adaptions . Just like comics having different artists and writers. There will be no definitive comic book film. Simple as that.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #749
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Obviously it isn't a mark against MOS. But against its popularity. Even in my friend circle and work place, the film hasn't gone down very well. I daresay many people have already forgotten about it. The movie is many things but I don't think it is popular.
"popular" films you said are about teenagers or kids.. I prefer MOS popularity in many sites its film made a good impression that some "great" pupular polls..

Quote:

sorry to say that but you're wrong is you think Iron man is more popular than Batman even in movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Superman doesn't have a massive fanbase. He just has the most enduring and greatest iconography.
Superman has a massive fanbase.. but that doesn't mean its from a people choice site

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Your circle doesn't reflect the masses. And "popular" films like the Hobbit aren't even nominated. Any movie that makes as much as MOS made is somewhat popular. Maybe not the most popular, but popular nonetheless.
Yeah by only one movie is popular.. the popularity can grow with more movies to come

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Last edited by Mister J; 11-07-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #750
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
"popular" films you said are about teenagers or kids.. I prefer MOS popularity in many sites its film made a good impression that some "great" pupular polls..
It didn't make a good impression, the views in regards to the film are overly mixed when it comes to fans. And a majority of reviewers hated it.

Closed Thread