The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #126
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I think Cavil could be as good as Revee given a few more films!

I just hope the films do not go down hill in the same ways that the ones Reeve was in did. Although that really was not Reeve's fault, more the Salkinds fault.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #127
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.of.Tomorrow View Post
I would be very surprised if he got bigger this time. They had the shirtless scene in MOS which obviously meant that he had to get up to that size - because they clearly wanted the audience to know that he really was that big and there was no trickery involved. Being that big gave real believability to him in the role of Superman - and a real physicality to the part.

I don't think there will be shirtless scenes in this film (I may be wrong!) but now he is already established as Superman I can't see a scene where he is wandering around with his shirt off. I think he will get big, he'll fill the suit out nicely, but maybe not get quite so cut. Who knows though?? I was one of the people who, although I really supported his casting, was a little bit apprehensive about whether Cavill would be able to get big enough in the short time frame... and he surprised me a lot then so who knows?!
You underestimate the likeliness of a scene with Clark and Lois where Clark does not have on a shirt. Not that I am saying I want such a scene, but I think it is a real possibility.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #128
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Their writers were worlds apart. Reeve's scripts (first 2 atleast) were written by Mario Puzo. Cavill's scripts (first 2 atleast) are written by David Goyer.
I have read that virtually nothing they shot for S:TM was from Puzo, they credit 4 people, but the script they used was largely the work of Mankiewicz. In Superman 2 it is even more of a mess, since some of it was shot simultaneously with Superman:The Movie, and other parts were shot later by Donner, and then a lot was shot by Lester.

Of course the feel and style of the films are so different that comparisons are difficult at best.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #129
lc23
Fan of Steel

Sorry, guys. A huge pet peeve of mine is being told I'm wrong in a condescending and mocking way, as if I'm deluded, when I know I'm right. I might have gone a little overboard in "defending myself".

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
You underestimate the likeliness of a scene with Clark and Lois where Clark does not have on a shirt. Not that I am saying I want such a scene, but I think it is a real possibility.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one that situation has occurred to. They could, for example, have a scene where the camera is zoomed in on Lois' face as she wakes up, then zoom out to show a topless Clark spooning her in bed as shorthand for how far their relationship has progressed on an intimate level. ...As an introduction, at least.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #130
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
What are you talking about?
His face and body are beautiful too!
Why were you worried? :S
Err.... I'm pretty sure Man of Tomorrow was being sarcastic in his post...? As in, Henry is obviously very beautiful - so maybe people hoped he had a tiddler to make up for how perfect the rest of him is!?? I don't think he was ACTUALLY worried for Henry.... lol

Quote:
And if someone is enough lucky to see what-you-know, it would be great to report it here then Some girls would be very happy!
?? But you CAN see it here!! Check out the picture lc23 posted on page 5 (thanks for that by the way lc23!!!!) hidden by the spoiler. I won't post it again....!

Quote:
But right now, we don't know anything. It's certainly not small anyways.
So, can we just talk about Henry?
I want to know the next episode of the "henry's life" story.
Is he still with Gina?
Will she be WW?
Yes perhaps we should move on - fascinating as this topic is I don't wanna piss off those not interested in Henry's area! Re Gina, we don't know if they're together, they broke up in May apparently but then had dinner in Rome the other week so maybe they are back together, maybe they are just friends, maybe they are just 'enjoying each other'...

And I hope to goodness Gina is NOT Wonder Woman - no no no no no no no!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #131
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

This is the last time I will me ruin this. No one knows what Henry has or doesn't have. No matter how many pix u stare at u are not an expert on Henry Jr and its size. That is my only point. No1 has seen it so no one here can know its size no matter how many pix u look at. If the commentary from someone who shared a house with him is true, then that would give more credibility to his size then people just staring as pictures.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #132
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I remember back when Batman Forever came out, everyone joked about how Robin's codpiece was bigger than Batman's. I wonder who will have the bigger one in this film... Bats or Supes?

Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #133
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I remember back when Batman Forever came out, everyone joked about how Robin's codpiece was bigger than Batman's. I wonder who will have the bigger one in this film... Bats or Supes?
Oh good lord, I smell WW3 just around the corner. "Batman has a bigger fake penis than Superman! This is disrespectful to Superman! I'm not seeing the movie!"

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 10-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #134
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Hahaha. But just imagine if Robin shows up and his piece is the biggest of all.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #135
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Out of the three of them? That would be glorious.

Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #136
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Is it me or did Henry look like Wolverine during MOS' bar scene? Like when gets the beer splashed on him.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #137
slumcat
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
Guys. Guys. Look... I am a pervert. Okay? I am on constant Crotch Watch for Henry Cavill. Understood? No, tragically, I have not seen the goods in all their glory "ready for action". However, I have seen enough through my observations.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kal-Elle- View Post
Yes, as another 'observer' of Henry's crotch (I'm sorry, I'm a girl with a pulse, it's gonna happen) I can support the above. Aside from the visual evidence from PLENTY of photographs (NOT in the superman suit) there is also this anecdote...

http://web.archive.org/web/201303210...cts-you-n.html

The blogger is the ex boyfriend of Henry's gay best friend Corey Spears (which is how those gay rumours started incidentally) and he made this post years ago. The relevant part is copied below for those who can't be bothered to click the link and read the whole post...

"We have a friend, who we call The Hen, who is in the show The Tudors--hot, hot, hot straight guy ...... He films over in Europe somewhere, and then comes back to LA to hang out, and sleeps on my ex's couch. And he walks around naked, which is great because he has a ginormous endowment that swings around like an elephant trunk."

Sorry for the direction this post has taken, I just wanted to back up those claims. Henry really is perfect in every way, okay?!

Jaysus I need to lie down now. Bye!
Ladies nobody said he has a stuffed bulge because he's lacking. It is just that super hero costumes have the bulge padded. The abs in the suit are padded too doesn't mean Cavill doesn't have abs. It is just how the costume works. So you can lay down the defense and we will let you believe that Cavill is hung like a horse whatever vague third party evidence you might have.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #138
slumcat

Quote:
I mean, I was worried for the guy - with that face and body I really felt like life had dealt him a cruel hand. He must really struggle getting by, and I felt sure he was lacking in certain other departments too.

However I'm absolutely thrilled to know that's not the case, and I hope him and his super-package are very happy together.
: funny:

I hear ya mate and feel your pain. Its like the creator put all his eggs in one basket. Did he think that other lads could do with some genetic blessings too.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #139
slumcat

Nobody would be comparing their manhood in the movie because in the movie it is an absolute non-factor. In the film there is so much shaky cam and so much flying about that you pretty much cant make the suit out clearly anyways. So any such finer details wouldn't concern audiences at all.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #140
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Superman isn’t a sex symbol. I’m a man but I can tell that Thor, Wolverine and even Batman, etc are perceived as sex symbols more by women than Superman. I know Henry tried to change that but I don’t think it’s that necessary to have another shirtless scene, because it just means more work for Henry, since it takes weeks/ months to get to that point. At least if he only wears the costume all he has to do is fill it out, not look massive without a shirt on. Which is more like Wolverine’s job.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 10-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #141
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Outside of the screen, I doubt Henry's trying to "stand out." :P

Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #142
slumcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Superman isn’t a sex symbol. I know Henry tried to change that
Cavill didn't try to change it, Snyder did. It was Snyder who added the shirtless scenes to the script because he wanted to show Superman's physique.
Quote:
I don’t think it’s that necessary to have another shirtless scene, because it just means more work for Henry, since it takes weeks/ months to get to that point. At least if he only wears the costume all he has to do is fill it out, not look massive without a shirt on. Which is more like Wolverine’s job.
What you wrote got me thinking and pretty much confirms that Cavill again WILL do shirtless scenes in Batman Vs Superman too. If he only had to fill the suit, he would train normally, lift heavy weights, and put on the size something any trainer could do for him. But WB wouldn't pay for Mark Twight flying around the world with him for 8 months to oversee every single rep and every single meal if Cavill did not have a shirtless scene, so I think just because of his careful training, he might have some.

And about work for Cavill, trust me on this the man absolutely loves body building. He said this in each and every single interview of Immortals and Man Of Steel that the highlight for him was the training and getting paid for it.

Besides he's a young man now and can push his body. I think its an exciting idea for any man to get in jaw dropping shape and have it captured for immortality on celluloid. I would jump at such an opportunity. While being paid for it!

EDIT: And isn't Superman supposed to have the greatest physique amongst all superheros? I think Cavill is atleast doing that part right.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #143
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Cool Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 1

Quote:
I hear ya mate and feel your pain. Its like the creator put all his eggs in one basket. Did he think that other lads could do with some genetic blessings too.
Right??!! Anyhow, I hear that in reality Cavill has green scales all over his butt, so in truth no woman would go near him as soon as they see that. Poor dude. Gutted, Cavill! What a shame for him. lol

(Note to Maluka: I jest . I'm sure his ass is also just perfect in every single way it possibly could be )

Quote:
Superman isnít a sex symbol. Iím a man but I can tell that Thor, Wolverine and even Batman, etc are perceived as sex symbols more by women than Superman.
Hmmm I dunno. I would agree with that before MoS, but not so much after. It depends if you're talking about just the comics or the overall perception of the supehero, I think, but I reckon that's shifted. Synder took care to deliberately sexualise Superman in MoS as far as I have heard from interviews. Pretty much every woman I know seems to have a thing for Cavill, but more importantly, Cavill as Supes. Much more so than Hemsworth as Thor (who they also seem to love, to be fair), and way more so than Bale as Batman. I've said before that my gf and HER gfs like luuuuurve Cavill and regularly have nights here to watch his stuff, but honestly I've never heard anything like the comments they made while watching MoS. I've learnt two things - 1) Superman really does it for them and 2) women are seriously FILTHY! Ha

Quote:
What you wrote got me thinking and pretty much confirms that Cavill again WILL do shirtless scenes in Batman Vs Superman too... WB wouldn't pay for Mark Twight flying around the world with him for 8 months to oversee every single rep and every single meal if Cavill did not have a shirtless scene, so I think just because of his careful training, he might have some.
Ya think? I get what you're saying for sure - and it does seem like insane amounts of effort if you don't see anything at all in the next movie - but bcos of how seriously they took MoS I can't see any gratuitous shirtless scenes really, they'd have to actually work it into the plot. Like you can't just have Cavill strolling around his apartment shirtless, as much as the ladies might like it, cos it would be just a bit like... 'ok fine but what's the POINT??!' If they can make it legit to the storyline, then yeah it could work I guess. But I wouldn't wanna watch the movie and think that a scene is put in for the sole purpose of showing his body, I would wanna buy into it. I did in MoS though, to be fair - and we know Snyder likes his shirtless scenes so guess it won't be too long til we find out!

We will DEFINITELY get a shirtless Affleck as Batman though surely??

Quote:

Besides he's a young man now and can push his body. I think its an exciting idea for any man to get in jaw dropping shape and have it captured for immortality on celluloid. I would jump at such an opportunity. While being paid for it!
THIS!! ^ Not disputing how hard it is to get into that shape, but what a position to be in - to work with the best trainers in the world, to get paid handsomely for it, to have that real motivation behind you, to be desperate to hit your limits and show the world what you have. Man I wish I had that!! lol I'm full of good intentions, but when you finish work and have the choice of walking into the gym... or walking right past it and going home to pasta and a cold beer and a girl and tv and everything else that laziness brings - who seriously hits the gym most times???

...yeah maybe a lot of people but sadly not sure I'm one of them

Quote:
That would be awesome!! But they should go one step further, and have a 6'8" muscled up Robin walk around with an Anchorman 'optical illusion' in his pants for every single scene. And just not even refer to it. Cos that's just Robin, okaaaaay? That's just the way he looks!!! He can't help it, man!

.... wow, i really shouldn't come on these forums after going to the pub. lmao. Longest and probably most pointless post ever. ah well

Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #144
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:

Hmmm I dunno. I would agree with that before MoS, but not so much after. It depends if you're talking about just the comics or the overall perception of the supehero, I think, but I reckon that's shifted. Synder took care to deliberately sexualise Superman in MoS as far as I have heard from interviews. Pretty much every woman I know seems to have a thing for Cavill, but more importantly, Cavill as Supes. Much more so than Hemsworth as Thor (who they also seem to love, to be fair), and way more so than Bale as Batman. I've said before that my gf and HER gfs like luuuuurve Cavill and regularly have nights here to watch his stuff, but honestly I've never heard anything like the comments they made while watching MoS. I've learnt two things - 1) Superman really does it for them and 2) women are seriously FILTHY! Ha
Yeah. After Man of Steel. Synder and co made a particular effort to sexualise Superman. When I said Superman isn't a sex symbol I mean the general perception of the character. In the comics he fights for truth and justice and is always trying to do the right thing, no matter what. He is a boy scout and that isn't sexy. Women don't want a boy scout in bed, they want Wolverine in bed. Synder tried to create a character who women would think about when they get into bed at night.

I think if they were going to take him back to his roots more, being the farm boy, the journalist, etc, then the film shouldn't really be about how sexy he looks without a shirt on. I personally don't think it's in the spirit of Superman to care about how he sexually comes across to women, he's more likely to wear clothes, not be like 'Yeah look at me and ma bulging muscles!!!'. I think he cares about bringing peace to the world and trying to stop the bad guys. If they spent a long time focusing on his body in the next film I would think they are trying to turn Superman into a 300 warrior, which is not who he was in the comics!!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 10-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #145
maluka
Banned User

So I'm probably a strange girl because I don't want to sleep with Wolverine.
I wanted Scott. And I wanted Tom Welling. (even more when the red kryptonite is on)
for eg, I found Jensen Ackles's (or Wolverine) character in Smallville a bit frightening.
Like Wolverine, he has a kind of "dark and serious" side that I dislike
They seem like soldier to me. That's weird when we know Henry's brothers are soldiers and he's surely a bit influenced by them, but I prefer Henry to Jensen.
Wolverine could kill me during his nap. xD
Henry seems nice, polite, so sweeet and to be honest I dislike his shape in MOS (at least in his shirtless scene). Looks like they wanted to turn him into a gorilla.
I may be the only girl who think that... (but that's ok if he seems strong, though)

Plus, Superman was my favourite superhero when I was young.
I loved the series. There's something reassuring about him.
I felt like nothin would happen to me if I were with him.
Yeah, I know, he's just a character...
But in the world of the superheroes, he's the only one I love. -well, I like Motoracer too and some power rangers...
Plus, Superman tends to be always right while the others superheroes generally make bad choices...

Old 10-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #146
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ With you, anyone who doesn't resemble Matt Bomer's physique is a gorilla

Old 10-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #147
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ With you, anyone who doesn't resemble Matt Bomer's physique is a gorilla
That explains everything. Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill's runtier, crazy-eyed less attractive doppelganger. Seriously, what is it with Matt and his habit of taking pictures with his eyes bugged out?

Old 10-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #148
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

This is the horniest thread on the forum. You're all dirty, dirty people ;-)

Old 10-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #149
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
This is the horniest thread on the forum. You're all dirty, dirty people ;-)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #150
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Thor is a sex symbol? Um...ok

Closed Thread