The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #76
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Default Re: 2013/2014 NFL Thread: Time to Scream!

Ugh. They'd have to win 9 straight assuming that the winner of that division will be 10-6 like last year.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #77
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I'd say it's 50/50 blame between Eli and his receivers but that's still no excuse on his part. He's been in the league 10 god damn years, he shouldn't be looking that inept out there. He looks nothing like a 2 time Super Bowl MVP. He looks like a guy that has no business being in the league. It's pretty disgraceful and disappointing. I'm not gonna be one of these loons and say to bench him or replace him but he needs to step it up BIG TIME and take charge.
Elite Eli my ass.

Maybe the media can finally drop the notion that he's anywhere near as good as his brother, and can start acknowledging the fact that he rode 2 waves of luck and defensive lines to 2 championships.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #78
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Eli is so bad. 15 picks in 6 games. That is insane.
Almost as bad as his brother........................................... ..............Cooper.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #79
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Elite Eli my ass.

Maybe the media can finally drop the notion that he's anywhere near as good as his brother, and can start acknowledging the fact that he rode 2 waves of luck and defensive lines to 2 championships.
2 waves of luck my ass.

Yeah he's playing like complete garbage right now but that's no reason to embarrass yourself with a ridiculous comment like that.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #80
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Not a giants fan, more of a testament to that awful division
Wait... you mean THE BEST DAMN DIVISION IN FOOTBALL? How could you dare conclude that the fact that a 6-10 team could win the NFC East this year is somehow an indicative of a lack of talent in the division? Don't you understand that these teams are just SO COMPETITIVE that it makes it nearly impossible to pick a winner when they play each other?

Yes, I know that the teams in the NFC East are a combined 2 and 12 against teams outside their division, but that's simply because it's early in the season. The teams that have won against the NFC East are simply benefiting from the chaotic atmosphere that is prevalent early on. Rest assured, all NFC East teams WILL GET HOT AT THE RIGHT TIME and once that happens, NO OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE will hold a candle to any of them, especially not the Cowboys, because THIS IS THEIR YEAR, just like last year and the year before and the year before and the year before and the year before almost were.

And if you doubt any of that, just remember: someone will win the NFC East. That is a fact.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #81
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

^ Cowboys wins by default....they are the best of the worst.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #82
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Adrian Peterson's son got physically abused by the baby mama's boyfriend. I'll say one thing. If I had a son who had even a finger laid on him who wasn't me or his mother, I'd beat him or her to death. It's just a shame that if All Day went out to do it, he'd get that lawsuit against him so fast.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #83
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

There is a special place in Hell for child beaters.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #84
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
2 waves of luck my ass.

Yeah he's playing like complete garbage right now but that's no reason to embarrass yourself with a ridiculous comment like that.
Almost every QB has smoke blown up their ass. I mean for the last 2 years and a half we'd been hearing about the pistol offense, blah blah blah.

Maybe there's comparison between Eli and Peyton because they are both QBs in the NFL or more than likely because they are brothers and both have been to the top of the mountain.

Sports media makes stories out of everything. I mean geez, Ron Jaworksky created his own story by saying that Kaepernick can be the greatest QB of all time. Then the AP picked it up, a week later Jaws was interviewed to make a comment on others comments. I mean this is how all sports are.

Last edited by Erzengel; 10-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #85
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Adrian Peterson's son got physically abused by the baby mama's boyfriend. I'll say one thing. If I had a son who had even a finger laid on him who wasn't me or his mother, I'd beat him or her to death. It's just a shame that if All Day went out to do it, he'd get that lawsuit against him so fast.
His one year was abused? Wow that man deserves to be beaten to death.

Just watched the Frontline concussion special, pretty interesting stuff

Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #86
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
baby mama deserves some scorn as well

Old 10-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #87
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
2 waves of luck my ass.

Yes, waves of luck.

First Super Bowl: an incredible defensive line, an escaped sack that arguably could have been blown dead as a sack, a chuck and pray that somehow some nameless receiver caught on the top of his head.

Second Super Bowl: a fluke muffed punt that led to one TD, an overtime punt return fumble that led to the game ending score, and in between, an Ahmad Bradshaw fumble that was undone due to a bogus "forward progress" call when Bradshaw was still fighting for yardage and going forward, followed up by a Wes Welker uncharacteristic meltdown to blow the game for New England.

What's Eli done in the meantime? Not a whole lot of much.

Eli is nowhere near "elite". If I was building a roster today, and could pick any QB in the league I wanted, Eli might not even be in the top HALF of QB's I'd pick from.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #88
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Most sports depends on how the ball bounces. Do you know how many blown calls went against the Giants when they faced the Packers? A fumble that was clearly a fumble, that was overturned. The Giants still found a way to win the game.

Talk to the Raiders about the Tuck rule. Do we discount Brady's and the Patriots win because of that play?

Old 10-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #89
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Most sports depends on how the ball bounces. Do you know how many blown calls went against the Giants when they faced the Packers? A fumble that was clearly a fumble, that was overturned. The Giants still found a way to win the game.

Talk to the Raiders about the Tuck rule. Do we discount Brady's and the Patriots win because of that play?
No, we discount it for years of cheating.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #90
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Yes, waves of luck.

First Super Bowl: an incredible defensive line, an escaped sack that arguably could have been blown dead as a sack, a chuck and pray that somehow some nameless receiver caught on the top of his head.

Second Super Bowl: a fluke muffed punt that led to one TD, an overtime punt return fumble that led to the game ending score, and in between, an Ahmad Bradshaw fumble that was undone due to a bogus "forward progress" call when Bradshaw was still fighting for yardage and going forward, followed up by a Wes Welker uncharacteristic meltdown to blow the game for New England.

You are completely lost. I'm not even gonna waste my time debating with someone that's being as foolish as you are.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #91
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

There's nothing to debate.

Eli rode 2 waves of enormous luck, and is not anything close to the QB that he's made out to be.

Anyways, if "different view of a QB" = "foolish", then I'd rather not "debate" with you anyways. So thanks for that.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #92
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Nell, you were the one who brought up the "elite" moniker. runawayboulder called him a 2 time MVP which he is.

Every time Eli is brought up, you have to mention oh he's not as great as people make him out to be. Yet, any time someone makes a comment that Alex Smith is a game manager you mention his winning percentage. Well, then what has Eli done? He's performed on the grandest stage when he had to. That's what matters with a lot of people.

And the "elite" moniker came up because a radio show host asked him straight up during the pre season are you elite? Are you in Tom Brady's class?" 1, how was he suppose to answer that. 2, of course the media was going to run with it. 3, after that answer he won the Super Bowl that year, of course analysts were continue to run with it.

Last edited by Erzengel; 10-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #93
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
There's nothing to debate.

Eli rode 2 waves of enormous luck, and is not anything close to the QB that he's made out to be.

Anyways, if "different view of a QB" = "foolish", then I'd rather not "debate" with you anyways. So thanks for that.
No it's because you have a skewed vision of how those games actually went down probably because you're all butthurt because the Giants have won 2 Super Bowls in a time period when whatever team you root for has probably won none.

I heard a Raiders fan on the local radio today, crowing over the Giants being winless because of an upcoming game between the two. You know, because the two teams historically have a rivalry and each others success directly impacts the others.

That nonsense happens all the time around here with the other NY teams. The Mets and Jets fans revel when the Yankees or Giants have a bad year, meanwhile their own teams have been mediocre for YEARS.

Haters gonna hate and all that stuff.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #94
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Yes, waves of luck.

Eli is nowhere near "elite". If I was building a roster today, and could pick any QB in the league I wanted, Eli might not even be in the top HALF of QB's I'd pick from.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #95
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Yet, any time someone makes a comment that Alex Smith is a game manager you mention his winning percentage.
Ah, now I see. So he must a Niners fan. It makes perfect sense now.

All mad because the Giants upset them in the NFC title game then went back the very next year and stomped them out. Then when San Fran made it to the Super Bowl the new kid in town lost.

Makes total sense

Old 10-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #96
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Old 10-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #97
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Nell, you were the one who brought up the "elite" moniker. runawayboulder called him a 2 time MVP which he is.

Every time Eli is brought up, you have to mention oh he's not as great as people make him out to be. Yet, any time someone makes a comment that Alex Smith is a game manager you mention his winning percentage. Well, then what has Eli done? He's performed on the grandest stage when he had to. That's what matters with a lot of people.

And the "elite" moniker came up because a radio show host asked him straight up during the pre season are you elite? Are you in Tom Brady's class?" 1, how was he suppose to answer that. 2, of course the media was going to run with it. 3, after that answer he won the Super Bowl that year, of course analysts were continue to run with it.
I can believe that Eli is not elite and that Alex Smith is not a game manager. I don't even see how those are in any way connected.

I get that you're a Giants fan, and I've noticed you have a hard time laying blame on Eli even when it's due, but the 2 opinions are in no way connected.

Alex Smith is not a "game manager" in the vein of Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, etc. He is far better than that. He has the 2nd highest win percentage of all NFL QB's since 2011. And while you can give a lot of that to Harbaugh and the 49ers, Alex is currently doing it on a team that last year was 2-14.

Thing is, I said Alex is more than a "game manager". In not time have you ever heard me call him "elite", or "great", or anything of the sort. He's simply a good QB that makes the plays needed to win games.

Quote:
No it's because you have a skewed vision of how those games actually went down probably because you're all butthurt because the Giants have won 2 Super Bowls in a time period when whatever team you root for has probably won none.

I heard a Raiders fan on the local radio today, crowing over the Giants being winless because of an upcoming game between the two. You know, because the two teams historically have a rivalry and each others success directly impacts the others.

That nonsense happens all the time around here with the other NY teams. The Mets and Jets fans revel when the Yankees or Giants have a bad year, meanwhile their own teams have been mediocre for YEARS.

Haters gonna hate and all that stuff.
Has nothing to do with being a 49ers fan, as I've been calling Eli over rated since long before that NFC Championship game, and cheered for Eli and the Giants in one of those Super Bowls.

It has nothing to do with "bias". I hate a lot of players that I can acknowledge their greatness. If I hated Eli just because of one game, doesn't that mean that I should hate Ray Lewis too? Or Ed Reed? Or Ray Rice? Or Joe Flacco? Or the Ravens in general?

Or what about the fact that despite my apparent bias over that NFC Championship game, Victor Cruz is one of my favorite wide receivers in the game today?

But Eli is not "great". It doesn't take a bias against him to see it. It just takes watching the games.

He's inconsistently good, and prone to piss poor decision making.

I'd say if anyone is acting "foolish", it's the one who has to resort to "oh, he's a fan of X team, he's just bitter" remarks in lue of a real argument.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #98
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
I can believe that Eli is not elite and that Alex Smith is not a game manager. I don't even see how those are in any way connected.

I get that you're a Giants fan, and I've noticed you have a hard time laying blame on Eli even when it's due, but the 2 opinions are in no way connected.

Alex Smith is not a "game manager" in the vein of Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, etc. He is far better than that. He has the 2nd highest win percentage of all NFL QB's since 2011. And while you can give a lot of that to Harbaugh and the 49ers, Alex is currently doing it on a team that last year was 2-14.

Thing is, I said Alex is more than a "game manager". In not time have you ever heard me call him "elite", or "great", or anything of the sort. He's simply a good QB that makes the plays needed to win games.
And let me guess, he also beat out Drew Brees and the Saints.

I've said that Eli has been making poor decisions. So I can be critical as a Giants fan.

The Chiefs have an good defense that's currently ranked 10th in the league or Andy Reid. A little more than Alex Smith being brought there.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #99
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Alex Smith will only impress people if the Chiefs make the playoffs. Then people will view him as credible.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #100
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
And let me guess, he also beat out Drew Brees and the Saints.

I've said that Eli has been making poor decisions. So I can be critical as a Giants fan.

The Chiefs have an good defense that's currently ranked 10th in the league or Andy Reid. A little more than Alex Smith being brought there.
Is it really a coincidence that Alex's ball control offense coincides with top defenses in both San Fran and now Kansas City?

That defense wasn't all that great in Kansas City last year. Now it's top 10, and Alex is being carried by a top defense?

Why wasn't that top defense carrying Cassell last year?

Or maybe, Alex's slow, ball control style of offense helps keep the defense off the field, a defense can't give up yards and points when they aren't on the field, and when they do get on the field, they are more refreshed.

And yea, in that playoff game, Alex DID do that.

Or are you trying to say that Alex -didn't- lead 2 game winning drives in under 4 minutes, scoring 2 TD's, one running, and one through the air? Yea, I guess Alex didn't make the clutch throws in that game. He just "managed" them.

(and before the inevitable Eli Super Bowl comparison, Alex's game winning toss to Vernon Davis is a lot different than Eli's chuck-n-pray to David Tyree's helmet)

Alex's "game managing" has set plenty of records: 2 game winning drives in under 4 minutes, the offensive production against Buffalo last year was a franchise record, his game against Arizona last year was an NFL record, his # of 4th quarter comebacks in 2011 was a franchise record, his 5-0 this year is an NFL first for a team that went 2-14 the year before, he was what, the 3rd overall rated passer in the NFL last year at the time of his benching, and since 2011, has the 2nd highest win percentage of any NFL QB, only Peyton Manning has higher...

If Alex Smith is nothing more than a "game manager", then how come he's doing things that nobody else has done before, and is currently enjoying more success than most "elite" QB's?

Alex great? Naw. Alex game manger? Nope. He's more than a game manager.

Closed Thread