The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #26
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - Part 13

I doubt he will. Interesting thought about Logan being with Havok when he wakes. Either way, we'll see Havok using his powers in the Vietnam war and potentially against Sentinels.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #27
Loki882
Side-Kick

The North Vietnamese will get quite a rude awakening if they try and attack Alex's Platoon.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I don't think havok will have a big role. I have suspecion that Wolverine Is around Havok's
platoon when the mindswitch happens.
I think he'll get 1 to 3 scenes in the movie.

Didn't he say that he didn't work with Bryan Singer in this movie and he was only working with the 2nd unit director?

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #29
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The North Vietnamese will get quite a rude awakening if they try and attack Alex's Platoon.

If his lack of control is consistent with XMFC, then his own platoon will get quite a rude awakening if they are attacked

Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #30
JP
Smelly

Evan Peters trending world wide on twitter.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #31
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

I know stunt folks can be used for anything, even something as simple as a slip and fall. But I'm curious why, in an action-packed movie like this, Stryker might need a double. The fanboy in me hopes he comes dangerously close to some mutants...

Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #32
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Because of the X-Mennish premiere of the new season of AHS:C, of course! He was purdy good!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #33
kasjan
Side-Kick

@Nell
I'm not talking about source. Math is easy, just look at Moira or Cyclops age in serie.
Not too distant future, it can be one month. You're saying late than 2006? There isn't 3 years between X1 and X2 events, or X2 and X3. There are WTC in X1, and if they care history events in this serie, they also should care 11 IX 2001. X1 take place before this date, book it. X3 is in 2003.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:34 AM   #34
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
@Nell
I'm not talking about source. Math is easy, just look at Moira or Cyclops age in serie.
Not too distant future, it can be one month. You're saying late than 2006? There isn't 3 years between X1 and X2 events, or X2 and X3. There are WTC in X1, and if they care history events in this serie, they also should care 11 IX 2001. X1 take place before this date, book it. X3 is in 2003.
Maybe 9/11 doesn't happen in this universe? I agree more or less though. People are pulling dates used from the viral campaign site. I think X-3 takes place no later than 2007. I don't think DoFP will specify any dates either, so it will probably still be subject to debate well after the fact.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #35
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think he'll get 1 to 3 scenes in the movie.

Didn't he say that he didn't work with Bryan Singer in this movie and he was only working with the 2nd unit director?
Yes, which means he won't be big or especially important. I'm not sure why he'll even be there.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #36
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
""We did a lot of second unit stuff. So I didn't get to spend that much time with Bryan [Singer]. But I loved working with him because he let me reinvent the way I do my power

Basically, a war is taking place in one of the timelines. In the "First Class" cast's timeline there's a war during around the time of President Nixon you may be familiar with. That I may or may not be involved in. [Laughs.] That's kind of my involvement there. It was fun to just show up and use my blasts and get to go back to my other movie. It was a nice vacation.
lucas probably did work with bryan for a scene or 2 but the rest is 2nd unit power display

Quote:
CS: You mentioned you don't interact with the original cast. Do you get to reteam with any of the First Class cast?

Till: Yeah! But again, I'll leave that to the imagination, because I don't want to spoil it for other people, you know?
While he may have a small role i think some are misunderestimating his role in this

Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #37
archangel7168
Side-Kick

Where did Bobby hint at the ice slide? I dont remember him saying anything at comic con except something like "theres something ive been wanting bobby to do, that he'll get to do" ....im mad that we havent put angel in anything except last stand, being one of the originals, he needs more screen time or another cameo

Old 10-10-2013, 08:23 AM   #38
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel7168 View Post
Where did Bobby hint at the ice slide? I dont remember him saying anything at comic con except something like "theres something ive been wanting bobby to do, that he'll get to do" ....im mad that we havent put angel in anything except last stand, being one of the originals, he needs more screen time or another cameo
in an interview he said he gets to do things he always wanted to do with bobby, everyone is speculating that means iceslide

Old 10-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #39
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
lucas probably did work with bryan for a scene or 2 but the rest is 2nd unit power display

While he may have a small role i think some are misunderestimating his role in this
From the sounds of it they track him down ask him to do probably one thing and then he's gone again. Plus we see him briefly in the army. With almost all of his filming being 2nd unit it means the majority of the little amount of screen time he'll get isn't pivotal to the plot.

As I recall he also barely filmed at all. Havok is basically a cameo from the looks of things.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #40
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

from the sounds of it he will use his powers a fair bit and have at least a scene or 2 with maybe logan or another FC cast member, bryan already said every character has a purpose

also added with 2 or 3 other mutants in his platoon which i think we will see their powers too at some point, in the same sorta way we see colossus in X2, you can't really add mutants who have been in the comics and not show their powers at least once

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-10-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Seth Wosmer is moving up in the world, I see.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #42
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Wow Evan Peters has alot of female fans

Old 10-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #43
JP
Smelly

Well, of course. He's hot.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #44
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Ghosts are the new Vampires i guess

Old 10-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #45
archangel7168
Side-Kick

Theres a part in the trailer where you can see Prof X sitting and then this guy gets up and starts to walk forward...is that collossus..?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #46
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
@Nell
WTC means nothing. Just because the WTC was in the New York skyline, in the background and not a point of emphasis no less, in a movie made and released well before 9/11 and didn't need to be accounted for, doesn't mean the film takes place prior to it.

There aren't 3 years of events between X-Men thru X-Men 3, no. That's why the entire series takes place well beyond this 2003 date that has no support behind it, in fact there is support AGAINST it when a movie released in 2006 is stated, in film, to take place in the future.

2003 is not the future from 2006.

Now, let's NOT look at the viral marketing, and look at the actual on film evidence:

-The Wolverine clearly is not intended to take place in "the past", but rather, present day / near future. That places it at about 2013 - 2014.

-The Wolverine takes place about a year after X-Men: The Last Stand ("I've been tracking you for over a year" with documents showing the events of X-Men 3).

-The credits scene takes place 2 years after The Wolverine (tagged on screen), placing it 3 years after The Wolverine (2015-2016)

-Bryan Singer has stated that X-Men: Days Of Future Past takes place 10 years AFTER X-Men: The Last Stand (which would be 7 years after the credits scene). With our math, that places the movie in 2022 - 2023.

No viral marketing needed to come up with 2023.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #47
Loki882
Side-Kick

The Wolverine takes place several years after TLS according to James Mangold. Just because Yukio had been tracking him for a year doesn't mean that its been a year since he left the X-Men. She could have started tracking him two years, or one year, or three years after he left and it took a year to find him. The post-credit scene takes place two years after the main movie (where's Yukio, plot for possible Wolverine 3).

Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #48
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel7168 View Post
Theres a part in the trailer where you can see Prof X sitting and then this guy gets up and starts to walk forward...is that collossus..?
Wolverine.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The Wolverine takes place several years after TLS according to James Mangold. Just because Yukio had been tracking him for a year doesn't mean that its been a year since he left the X-Men. She could have started tracking him two years, or one year, or three years after he left and it took a year to find him. The post-credit scene takes place two years after the main movie (where's Yukio, plot for possible Wolverine 3).
Bryan Singer has said DOFP takes place 10 years after first class(1973) and
10 years after last Stand(future)

James mangold made comments of all other X-Men dead and gone too.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #50
archangel7168
Side-Kick

DO you guys have any guesses as to when the trailer might hit. My thoughts are that we may not see something till "The Hobbit" at the latest...i think Thor would be a stretch

Closed Thread