The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #326
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I bet this is one of those scenes that they have known that they were going to do for a while. I mean, they have had a story in mind for a while now. Besides, it's not like the main cast is going to be there. It's going to be centered around the game that's going on and the crowd will be involved. Granted, it does say that "actors" will be filmed, but I can almost guarantee you that it's small, side characters. Also, remember a few weeks ago Goyer said that they were further along than what people realized? It's going to be OK, I promise!
Well one thing is for sure, Snyder must love having a lot of time during Post Production since he sure gives himself a large avenue of time toward devoting on fine tuning the film in the editing room.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #327
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That doesn't seem to make sense, unless it's a scene involving just extras since we would have heard A LOT more official casting announcements and be given an actual title before principal photography commenced for this.

Not to mention that I can't see on how Snyder would be available to start filming this since that would mean that he would have had to have done pre productions with story boards and character designs during when he was during press for MOS and he's currently serving as producer for the 300 Sequel as well.
If it's an extra shoot at a college stadium it will be easier to fill the stadium in October (during football season) than in February (not football season).
Just because we don't know who else is in this movie doesn't mean WB hasn't cast people.
And a lot of movies shoot without having an actual title.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #328
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I bet this is one of those scenes that they have known that they were going to do for a while. I mean, they have had a story in mind for a while now. Besides, it's not like the main cast is going to be there. It's going to be centered around the game that's going on and the crowd will be involved. Granted, it does say that "actors" will be filmed, but I can almost guarantee you that it's small, side characters. Also, remember a few weeks ago Goyer said that they were further along than what people realized? It's going to be OK, I promise!
agreed and contrary to popular opinion they know what they are doing when it comes to filmmaking

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #329
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That is true; I mean this was originally slated to have been released in Winter 2012.

Still, it kind of worries me that they would rush into filming so soon since I'd feel more comfortable if they gave as much time as they could to the story and making it the best that they possibly could.

And yeah, even with all of that aside, we should have gotten an official title and other major casting announcements before filming began.
Don't worry so much, it's just a movie, besides, it can't be worse than MOS. Not that MOS was bad, just not as good as it should or could have been. I still trust Zack, DOTD, 300 and Watchmen were/are excellent and Goyer can write decent stuff as well. I'm just going to enjoy the ride (but NOT buy into the hype AGAIN as with MOS, even though I'm fully prepared for awesome trailers/promo material) and if the film let's me down, either as a film or DC fan, I'll always have the comics.

Besides, Snyder is a workhorse. Shooting a scene or two like the one described in that link above is a snack to him.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #330
Glassjaw
In training

Exciting that its almost started filming! Obviously this will be a scene without Affleck or Cavill, so perhaps its just a scene to convey the two cities existing together for the first time, and it's a great way to show the rivalry between the two cities/heroes. Now thr question is, whose going to win hr game

Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #331
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Exciting that its almost started filming! Obviously this will be a scene without Affleck or Cavill, so perhaps its just a scene to convey the two cities existing together for the first time, and it's a great way to show the rivalry between the two cities/heroes. Now thr question is, whose going to win hr game
No one as both teams discover during halftime that Lexcorp is tricking them into playing the game and they team up against the Lexcorp backed football team, The Dallas Cowboys. At the end they defeat the Lexcorp team and an all female team, The Amazon Warriors, requests that they join the National Justice League.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #332
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

can't wait to see what kind of gear the teams will be sporting.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #333
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsovich View Post
I think a better question is... Why Gotham University in a story where Batman is older?
Because its just a setting.

Its a Metropolis State vs Gotham U game.

Doesn' mean Clark or Bruce are on the teams.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #334
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
No one as both teams discover during halftime that Lexcorp is tricking them into playing the game and they team up against the Lexcorp backed football team, The Dallas Cowboys. At the end they defeat the Lexcorp team and an all female team, The Amazon Warriors, requests that they join the National Justice League.

Wait will the Bludhaven Nightwings be involved?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #335
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Small scene without any big actors or not; still damn exciting that they are actually filming for the movie already this weekend!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #336
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
Wait will the Bludhaven Nightwings be involved?
They are the farm team of the Gotham Knights

Old 10-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #337
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

What if..Zack Snyder takes a lot of suggestions from Ben Affleck that ends up improving Superman/Batman infinitely?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #338
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
I think a better question is... Why Gotham University in a story where Batman is older?
Oh brother wow haha.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: Thatís the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, weíll always be friends.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #339
theShape
Creature of Darkness

This sounds like something that might appear on a television screen in the film and not an actual scene or sequence. If this is truly happening at all...

Old 10-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #340
Rorschach2012
$

Hmmmm.... Gotham University is involved in the story? That's where Dick Grayson went

Old 10-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #341
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
This sounds like something that might appear on a television screen in the film and not an actual scene or sequence. If this is truly happening at all...
I thought the same Ė about this thing maybe only appearing on a TV in the movie.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #342
Glassjaw
In training

After reading about the shooting beginning at lunch, all afternoon at work I was thinking about this film. I just know when the huge gears on this project start grinding into motion and we start seeing set pics, I'm going to be Man of Steel levels of excited all over again.

It's also encouraging to see them starting filming this early, as many of us were worried about that tight 2015 deadline looming. I guess by filming parts of the film which don't involve Cavill or Affleck first, they free up alot of time for the real meat of the filming later on.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #343
Rorschach2012
$

I haven't been this excited about a film since The Dark Knight. This is the movie I have been waiting most of my life to see.

I remember being 5 years old, and picking out the Timm World's Finest from Blockbuster. I was obsessed with the DCAU from the first time I saw it.

I truly hope this film lives up to 13+ years of hype

Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #344
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I haven't been this excited about a film since The Dark Knight. This is the movie I have been waiting most of my life to see.

I remember being 5 years old, and picking out the Timm World's Finest from Blockbuster. I was obsessed with the DCAU from the first time I saw it.

I truly hope this film lives up to 13+ years of hype
Let's just hope that it's as good as the first DCMU, which included Reeve's Superman and Slater's Supergirl.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #345
Rorschach2012
$

I never saw Supergirl, was it any good? That's weird, I never really think of that as a shared universe but you're right, it was

Old 10-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #346
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
After reading about the shooting beginning at lunch, all afternoon at work I was thinking about this film. I just know when the huge gears on this project start grinding into motion and we start seeing set pics, I'm going to be Man of Steel levels of excited all over again.

It's also encouraging to see them starting filming this early, as many of us were worried about that tight 2015 deadline looming. I guess by filming parts of the film which don't involve Cavill or Affleck first, they free up alot of time for the real meat of the filming later on.
Once the viral marketing and such begins this will probably acquire TDK trilogy attention just solely based on the involving parties.

It's going to be insane!

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #347
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Filming this Saturday @ East Los Angeles College Weingart stadium: http://elaccampusnews.com/2013/10/09...nto-the-field/

~SHH SIX~
Old 10-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #348
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanNeverTells View Post
Why does Devin Faraci hates everything about Batman?
He's a known Marvel troll.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #349
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Hmm, well wasn't it said that Bruce Wayne's into younger women?

Old 10-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #350
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I cant wait for the viral till Ben's bat suit reveal..

I was thinking a Wayne enterprises Site where once you figured out Bruce Wayne's log in you get to see Ben in the suit and pics of the Cave and vehicales.

Closed Thread