The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #426
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Yeah that could possibly be in that way to see kryptonite in MOS universe, but I want Superman not to fully be underpowered by it, maybe like public enemies animated movie that even with kryptonite he was able to fight metallo even if at least his energy was blown at the end...
I'm not a fan of kryptonite in it's comics form. It seems that Krypton blew up and all of the pieces went to Earth. If someone learns the means to weaken Superman with the Krypton/atmosphere thingie then thats the way to go.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #427
Loki882
Side-Kick

The problem with making your hero so incredibly powerful (especially the older comics where he could push planets around and stuff like that) is that it becomes very difficult to come up with situations/opponents that can pose a believable threat to someone so ungodly powerful. Kryptonite was a handy/convenient way to do just that.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #428
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I don't think that Batman should out and out decisively beat Superman. I think that he should come up with a way to hold his own for a period of time.
I'd like to see Batman tactically really give Superman a hurting though. Making it well known that even though Batman has no super abilities, he's a more than capable opponent.

Something somewhat similar to the DKR fight, just not as malicious or deadly.

Lots of tactical misdirection, Batman making Superman follow a path that BATMAN wants him to follow without Superman even realizing it.

Great way to show off Batman's intelligence and how formidable he is.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #429
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAE072 View Post
I'd like to see Batman tactically really give Superman a hurting though. Making it well known that even though Batman has no super abilities, he's a more than capable opponent.

Lots of tactical misdirection, Batman making Superman follow a path that BATMAN wants him to follow without Superman even realizing it.

That's kind of what I meant, you just articulated it better.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:54 PM   #430
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I'm not a fan of kryptonite in it's comics form. It seems that Krypton blew up and all of the pieces went to Earth. If someone learns the means to weaken Superman with the Krypton/atmosphere thingie then thats the way to go.
That's another thing but a little impossible

Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #431
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The thing with the atmosphere Ė Iíve been thinking. Even though heís under a different atmosphere, why would the solar radiation heís been soaking up over his life, and has stored in his person, not be able to be used? Meaning once itís all spent then heís truly powerless.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 10-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #432
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The problem with making your hero so incredibly powerful (especially the older comics where he could push planets around and stuff like that) is that it becomes very difficult to come up with situations/opponents that can pose a believable threat to someone so ungodly powerful. Kryptonite was a handy/convenient way to do just that.
But if you look at MOS Superman isn't as powerful as we think he is. Sure he is able to shrug off bullets but most of the heavy weapons seemed to hurt and or wound Superman and the Kryptonians. When the A-10 Thunderbolt fired on them Superman got out of the way and the Kryptonians looked like it hurt. The missile knocked Faora out.
So while he will be quite invulnerable I believe heavy caliber weaponry will hurt him. A Batman with explosive batarangs and stuff like that could prove to be more damaging than we may think.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #433
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
But if you look at MOS Superman isn't as powerful as we think he is. Sure he is able to shrug off bullets but most of the heavy weapons seemed to hurt and or wound Superman and the Kryptonians. When the A-10 Thunderbolt fired on them Superman got out of the way and the Kryptonians looked like it hurt. The missile knocked Faora out.
So while he will be quite invulnerable I believe heavy caliber weaponry will hurt him. A Batman with explosive batarangs and stuff like that could prove to be more damaging than we may think.
if you see nam-ek only was taken down.. not hurt... the reaction of superman was that a reaction.. not to mention that superman is stronger every day but seriously there are serious and too much ways to put superman in danger not only phisically but emotional..

Last edited by John-An; 10-16-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #434
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Edit.

Last edited by Dispatch Ninja; 10-15-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #435
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
I read that they're starting to film on Oct. 19th at a football game in LA "Gotham University vs. Metropolis State University". Anyone else hear anything about this?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #436
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:

But I would like it if Clark implied that he put two and two together to figure out Bruce's ID, only to laugh at Wayne's panicked reaction afterward. He can then mention the X-ray vision later, or something.

I don't want Superman to seem like a dull punching bag.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #437
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
But I would like it if Clark implied that he put two and two together to figure out Bruce's ID, only to laugh at Wayne's panicked reaction afterward. He can then mention the X-ray vision later, or something.

I don't want Superman to seem like a dull punching bag.
There was a similar situation in the Animated Batman/Superman movie. Clark got a look through Batman's mask and figured out who he was.

Little did he know, though, that Batman had planted a tracer on Clark's cape and tracked him down to Clark's apartment. Evening the score.

I don't want Superman to be a punching bag, but Batman should be one step ahead of Superman nearly all the time. Nearly.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:57 PM   #438
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I thought I had gone back a couple of pages and didn't see it, but I had multiple tabs open and was looking at the wrong thread. Sorry.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #439
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
Sorry.
Heh, no need, I was just joking around. It's all good.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #440
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

i'm actually curious to find out on how well known Batman is to the public considering that he's supposed to be a veteran by now within the world that MOS established.

In some ways, based on what I saw in MOS, I could buy that Batman would exist somewhere in that world, and yet in the same time, I still have a hard time believing it.lol

Well, at least we know that this Batman thinks beyond Gotham's borders since Nolan's Batman was only concerned with Gotham's safety, and not so much the entire world.

And I'm hoping that if we don't have another kryptonian like being for a villain (bizzaro) in this film, then it'll allow Snyder to use more practical effects in creating some of the action scenes.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #441
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
i'm actually curious to find out on how well known Batman is to the public considering that he's supposed to be a veteran by now within the world that MOS established.
I don't see why the world at large would give a damn about Batman. More often than not, he limits his activities to Gotham. As long as no one has tried to blow up the city or anything, I don't think it'd be hard to believe that no one knows he exists.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #442
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I don't see why the world at large would give a damn about Batman. More often than not, he limits his activities to Gotham. As long as no one has tried to blow up the city or anything, I don't think it'd be hard to believe that no one knows he exists.
True, though you'd think that if we go by the "realism" that they're trying to apply in terms of how the world would react to these fantastical events, that he'd be somewhat of famous..or infamous.....I mean, it's not everyday where you hear of a guy that goes out dressed as a bat and taking down crime within a given city.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #443
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
interesting.
question now is in this MOS / BVS universe, is batman only active in Gotham???

Old 10-16-2013, 01:00 AM   #444
roach
I am the night

I like to think that people outside of police and criminals that have delt with him believe The Batman is an urban legend.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #445
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
I'd actually like it if, before he meets up with Superman and later the JLA, the world DIDN'T know about him, and most of Gotham just considers him an urban legend.

I mean, short of Commissioner Gordon, the police(who'd want to keep him very, very secret) and the criminal underworld of Gotham, nobody would really have any occasion to run into him.

The tabloids and some newspapers report on a big time drug lord being beaten to hell by a "giant bat." Most people just assume he got too high and threw himself off a building.

That kinda thing.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #446
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
True, though you'd think that if we go by the "realism" that they're trying to apply in terms of how the world would react to these fantastical events, that he'd be somewhat of famous..or infamous.....
In Gotham, sure.

Now that I think about it, I could buy that people are aware of his existence. However, I don't think anyone who doesn't live in Gotham would actually give a crap about him, especially now that Superman is a thing.

Quote:
I mean, it's not everyday where you hear of a guy that goes out dressed as a bat and taking down crime within a given city.
You have people doing that in the real world (to varying degrees) and nobody seems to care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
interesting.
question now is in this MOS / BVS universe, is batman only active in Gotham???
We'll have to wait and see.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #447
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
I like to think that people outside of police and criminals that have delt with him believe The Batman is an urban legend.
Quote:
I'd actually like it if, before he meets up with Superman and later the JLA, the world DIDN'T know about him, and most of Gotham just considers him an urban legend.

I mean, short of Commissioner Gordon, the police(who'd want to keep him very, very secret) and the criminal underworld of Gotham, nobody would really have any occasion to run into him.

The tabloids and some newspapers report on a big time drug lord being beaten to hell by a "giant bat." Most people just assume he got too high and threw himself off a building.

That kinda thing.
Damn. Beat me by 3 minutes!

Old 10-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #448
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
There was a similar situation in the Animated Batman/Superman movie. Clark got a look through Batman's mask and figured out who he was.

Little did he know, though, that Batman had planted a tracer on Clark's cape and tracked him down to Clark's apartment. Evening the score.

I don't want Superman to be a punching bag, but Batman should be one step ahead of Superman nearly all the time. Nearly.
That bit shows the primary difference between that two. Superman relies on his powers, Batman relies on his smarts. Quite frankly I would rather be smarter that more powerful. Being smart can find you ways to get around power.

*splat*
Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 AM   #449
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
That bit shows the primary difference between that two. Superman relies on his powers, Batman relies on his smarts. Quite frankly I would rather be smarter that more powerful. Being smart can find you ways to get around power.
True, but there always comes a time when your brain will tell you that there's no way you'll be able to get out of a situation unless you got some powers to do it for you.lol

Honestly, the way that I've seen both Superman and Batman...they're the opposite sides of the same coin. What one hero doesn't have, the other hero does, and vice versa. In some ways, they represent the balance of what a hero should really be like.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #450
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

One thing I realized that's pretty funny...this movie is shooting before they've even announced the title.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Closed Thread