The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #326
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
How is that a clear reference to TDKR?

Could be it's seen as a reference to Superman crying out for Earth to heal him after he takes that thermonuclear ICBM to the face. (Did Miller ever explain how a dude that used to go to the Sun's corona to clean his uniform was at all impacted by a human made nuke bomb?) Even though he was asking for power from the lifeforce of the planet in TDKR and in MOS he is reaching out to our Sun.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #327
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Krypton,

The temperature in a nuclear bomb can reach 100 000 000 kelvin, wheras that of the Sun's corona hovers at a few million degrees. It lasts longer but it is a high temperature at low density. The effective temperature at the solar surface is a mild 5700 degrees.

Also, superman's powers are different in every iteration so it does not matter :-)

Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #328
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Krypton,

The temperature in a nuclear bomb can reach 100 000 000 kelvin, wheras that of the Sun's corona hovers at a few million degrees. It lasts longer but it is a high temperature at low density. The effective temperature at the solar surface is a mild 5700 degrees.

Also, superman's powers are different in every iteration so it does not matter :-)

Well as long as we agree it doesn't matter.

I am far from an expert, but between the extreme force of gravity, being so close to a star and all, that Supes survives by doing the whole fusion dry cleaning thing, has not the force of the energy out put of the sun been compared to a man made nuclear explosion going off every millisecond or so? Then there's the level of radiation, and charged particles of all kinds... It was just hard for me to believe as a kid that a nuclear missile could harm Superman, and as I got older it got even harder. I am totally willing to told I am just being irrational thought.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #329
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

The surface gravity at the surface of the sun is only 28 thw gravity here. So for superman, who weighs ~200 lbs, it would be like carrying 5600 lbs around, a little more than a large SUV, which superman can do

The center of a nuclear blast is a worse place to be for sure.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 AM   #330
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Am I the only one who thinks Adams didn't look as attractive as she is capable of being in MoS? Before I get attacked, I am aware that attractiveness and looks aren't everything, but she did look a little bit old compared to Cavill. I think some people found it a little hard to see them as a couple, and Lois Lane has always been a hottie in the comics.

I think she should change her hairstyle to how it is in these pics...She looks much better IMO

Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #331
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

In terms of how she appeared, I think they weren't going for a glamorous look and were focused more on the career aspect of her where she's always traveling around, thus doesn't have as much time or care in putting make up on.

Plus, didn't she also just have a baby when she started filming MOS?

Old 11-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #332
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
or this one?

That's the one! I love that. Somebody posted that a few weeks ago, but I mean the shots from the actual movie.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #333
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Maybe it's just me, and when I say this..I say this with no disrespect to either of the characters mentioned, but did anyone else feel like both Amy and Russell's appearance differed at times throughout the film when it came to the presentation of their physiques? I mean there are times where I swear both of their cheeks is a bit...puffier? I guess...during one scene...and not puffy in other scenes.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #334
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
The surface gravity at the surface of the sun is only 28 thw gravity here. So for superman, who weighs ~200 lbs, it would be like carrying 5600 lbs around, a little more than a large SUV, which superman can do

The center of a nuclear blast is a worse place to be for sure.
Went to Google... Yeah... Your story checks out.

You really do learn something new and spectacular every day you are alive I guess. Thanks for educating me.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #335
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Adams didn't look as attractive as she is capable of being in MoS? Before I get attacked, I am aware that attractiveness and looks aren't everything, but she did look a little bit old compared to Cavill. I think some people found it a little hard to see them as a couple, and Lois Lane has always been a hottie in the comics.

I think she should change her hairstyle to how it is in these pics...She looks much better IMO

Well... Lois actually is not a "hottie" especially by today's standards. In the MAN OF STEEL mini series Byrne has Clark explain her appeal and he specifically states Lois was not "movie star" beautiful, how ever one wants to interpret that. Lois, to me, should be attractive but not some overt sex symbol type. For Superman, his attraction is based on who this woman is, her character.

One of my favorite Lois stories is actually in a Wonder Woman issue, where, bluntly, Lois askes WW why Superman didn't choose her, the physically perfect Amazonian Princess? This, to me okay, lets us know that Lois doesn't think of herself as some head turning world beauty.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:46 AM   #336
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
In the MAN OF STEEL mini series Byrne has Clark explain her appeal and he specifically states Lois was not "movie star" beautiful.
Have any of you ever told your girlfriends that she is not "movie star beautiful"?

Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-05-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #337
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Have any of you ever told your girlfriends that she is not "movie star beautiful"?

No. But I did have a friend who, I swear, told his then girlfriend he really was more interested in someone, "thinner, smarter and better looking." He performed the douche bag hat trick!!

As for Clark... Well he was explaining himself and his reaction to Lois to Ma and Pa in that scene from the book. Also... Yeah Lois is not glamour model/starlet beautiful, and I think she'd be the first to not only admit to it, but to also not giving an airborne copulation about it as well. That's the spark that attracts Clark to her. Sure, Lois is not, well, homely to be blunt, but she's never quite been Jean Grey either, all statuesque, pouty lips, hips and... well you can guess the next word.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #338
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #339
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:

]
I don't find Amy attractive overall, but in the movie she did look worse than she usually does. You might want to be careful though, bringing up her looks causes "some" to go off the rails.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #340
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Don't say things like that! She was hot in MOS!

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #341
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Thanks a million for finding this. Definitely appreciate it.
No prob..

Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #342
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Don't say things like that! She was hot in MOS!
I thought she looked fine. About as attractive as Bosworth looked IMO. I think the best way to make her seem more attractive overall would be to lighten her character up a bit. Lois was pretty serious and straightforward in MOS, which I think was a mistake.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #343
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Krypton,

Sorry I'm lost can you explain me again if you'd be so kind?

Old 11-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #344
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think Amy had recently had a baby before she filmed Man of Steel, so it may explain some of the extra weight. She lost it in a year or two and you can see in the Man of Steel promotion vs the film itself she looked 10x better and fitter. (She didn't do any fitness regime for Man of Steel but probably worked out after to lost the excess weight.)

Amy in the movie. http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...amy-adams2.jpg

Amy at the promotion/ Premiere. http://d277vln4jzkhhg.cloudfront.net...-June-2013.jpg

10X prettier, better face, hair and more like Lois.

Oh my, I can't wait until Mrs A comes in to lay down the law.

She put in a good performance regardless.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #345
Tempest
....What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Sorry I'm lost can you explain me again if you'd be so kind?
Sun = Ok for Supes

Nuclear Blast = DOOM

I think that's the short version. Did I get that right?

A Christmas Card featuring a Suspicious Sort. Look closely, and you'll note that he was nowhere near the place, nor indeed was he near any place at any time.

T.H.E.M.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #346
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #347
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I think Amy had recently had a baby before she filmed Man of Steel, so it may explain some of the extra weight. She lost it in a year or two and you can see in the Man of Steel promotion vs the film itself she looked 10x better and fitter. (She didn't do any fitness regime for Man of Steel but probably worked out after to lost the excess weight.)

Amy at the promotion/ Premiere. http://d277vln4jzkhhg.cloudfront.net...-June-2013.jpg

Weird, I think she looks cuter in the first picture.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #348
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Amy at some festival just recently.

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #349
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Amy at some festival just recently.

GET IN MY BED/10.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #350
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I don't find Amy attractive overall, but in the movie she did look worse than she usually does. You might want to be careful though, bringing up her looks causes "some" to go off the rails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post

Come on, it's not necessary nor productive to critique someone in an oblique manner when they might not be around to defend themselves.

Positive energy please :-)

Closed Thread