The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #351
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
GET IN MY BED/10.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #352
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

some sweetness coming!!!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #353
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm hoping that Amy will be Lois for at least 5 films, 3 Superman films and 2 Justice League films.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #354
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm hoping that Amy will be Lois for at least 5 films, 3 Superman films and 2 Justice League films.
Me too... love that girl

Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #355
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post

some sweetness coming!!!
so youthful!!!

Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #356
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I thought she looked fine. About as attractive as Bosworth looked IMO. I think the best way to make her seem more attractive overall would be to lighten her character up a bit. Lois was pretty serious and straightforward in MOS, which I think was a mistake.
I don't know if Kate looked good in SR, I was so turned off by the wig and bad acting....or maybe just a bad character.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 11-05-2013, 11:29 PM   #357
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I thought Bosworth looked fine, I just HATED her character. I'm not sure if they meant to make Lois completely unlikeable, but they certainly pulled it off.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #358
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I don't know if Kate looked good in SR, I was so turned off by the wig and bad acting....or maybe just a bad character.
Her acting was fine. It was the characterization that was polarizing. She can't be blamed for doing her job.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #359
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Kate Bosworth has always been a mediocre actress at best to my eyes. She was terribly miscast as Lois and the script did her no favors either. Even with a good script she would have crashed and burned as Lois. She's just not very good. Also... Eat a freaking hamburger lady!

Old 11-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #360
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Bosworth is beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst Lois Lane ever in my eyes and both the writing and her "performance" are to blame for that.

I didn't love Amy as Lois, but as it stands she is my favourite "MOVIE" Lois.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 11-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #361
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Amy Adams has been associated with so many DC properties, it unbelievable !

Smallville, BB, SR (screen test for Lois Lane), MOS

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...215200710.html

Edit: Kate Bosworth is a friend of Amy Adams, she gave her best wishes when Amy got the role.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 11-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #362
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

I can't blame any actor in SR. They did their best considering what they had to work with and Routh got the end of a very ****** stick. He is a good actor and he seems a nice guy but he isn't in nothing commercial right now.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 11-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #363
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
I can't blame any actor in SR. They did their best considering what they had to work with and Routh got the end of a very ****** stick. He is a good actor and he seems a nice guy but he isn't in nothing commercial right now.
Agreed, cannot blame any of the actors in SR, had they cast Amy Adams as Lois and Cavill as Supes in SR, the movie would not have improved much.

Routh got a raw deal by the script writers, costume designers and even his physical trainer.

Routh is voice acting in the video game "Call of Duty: Ghosts" along-with Avatar movie's Stephen Lang and then has got "Chosen" network series with Milo Ventimiglia.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 11-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #364
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #365
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaooz View Post
gorgeous

Last edited by John-An; 11-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #366
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

I wish Jennifer Morrison got to play Lois in Superman Returns. She can be tough, sassy and do the astute career woman thing really well. (If you see her in Once Upon a Time.) She can act and is attractive. She looks a little like Bosworth too, just more like a woman.

She might have made Lois' end of the film slightly more bearable than it was. Routh, Spacey, the effects, etc were all good aspects of the movie. Bosworth just let it down so much. :/

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 11-06-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #367
Loki882
Side-Kick

Kate Bosworth was just too young, and more importantly she LOOKED too young. SR Lois was supposed to be STM and Superman II Lois. That means that she was already supposed to be an established reporter before Clark shows up, form a relationship with him, go through all of that stuff in Superman II, form a five year long relationship with Cyclops after Superman left, complete with a kid, AND win a Pulitzer Prize. Bosworth looked like she should be leading the high school cheerleading team, it just wasn't believable. Also, her character (and Superman's for that matter) was written horribly.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #368
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I thought the problem with SR was with the script and the actors. Routh does seem like a nice guy. I'll give him that. It's rare in Hollywood. But IMO, he's just not a good actor. Especially in dramatic scenes. It's almost like he strains to even have a facial expression. Sometimes he's ok as goofy Clark, but he couldn't pull off the regal and powerful Superman thing. He always looks kinda goofy to me. And Bosworth always seems petulant for some reason.

Anyways...on topic.

I liked how Amy looked in the film. For once, a female character wasn't needlessly sexed up and dressed like a real person would for the most part. I found it refreshing.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #369
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

People keep saying how the events of MOS' final battle, the level of destruction, will make the vast majority hate or distrust Superman. A certain ammount of distrust and perhaps distress I can see, sure. But is'nt the (almost) full story going to come out via Lois and the military?

Lois is going to reveal a lot about Superman to the world. That he was sent here by his parents to escape his race's extinction. That he was raised in America and thinks and feels as one. That he was using his powers to help people in secret for well over a decade maybe more. That he willingly surrendered himself in hopes of seeing Zod not follow through on his threat to see "this world, suffer the consequences". And of course she's going to report how Superman went one on one with Zod after he said he was going to enact a world wide killing spree.

She could and should reveal all this without endangering Clark Kent at all since Zod let the cat out of the bag on a lot of it with his broadcast. He point blank said there was an alien living amongst us. She has the info that just fills in more of the story the world already knew. The military would also reveal that Superman was key in stopping Zod's terraforming plan and that he took action against the Kryptonians that were attempting (and in fact did succeed) in killing U.S. Airmen and soldiers in Kansas. Further more I think Metropolis Grand Central has tons of CCTV coverage available for the public to see that Superman was defending humans against Zod.

I'm not saying there would not be some resentment against Superman, I mean it is his presence on Earth that is the reason Zod shows up at all (as it is in the comics too. Same for Brainiac and a host of other threats and villains). But the eventual full(er) story and what we can assume of Superman's actions in the wider world after (he shows up at the DP after telling Martha that he will be going where he's needed) would counter act a great deal of that.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #370
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
People keep saying how the events of MOS' final battle, the level of destruction, will make the vast majority hate or distrust Superman. A certain ammount of distrust and perhaps distress I can see, sure. But is'nt the (almost) full story going to come out via Lois and the military?
Yes. But realistically, it wouldn't matter. People would still be very wary of him, if not outright distrustful. I expect public opinion to be mixed (at best).

Old 11-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #371
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:

Lois is going to reveal a lot about Superman to the world. That he was sent here by his parents to escape his race's extinction. That he was raised in America and thinks and feels as one. That he was using his powers to help people in secret for well over a decade maybe more. That he willingly surrendered himself in hopes of seeing Zod not follow through on his threat to see "this world, suffer the consequences". And of course she's going to report how Superman went one on one with Zod after he said he was going to enact a world wide killing spree.

She could and should reveal all this without endangering Clark Kent at all since Zod let the cat out of the bag on a lot of it with his broadcast. He point blank said there was an alien living amongst us. She has the info that just fills in more of the story the world already knew. The military would also reveal that Superman was key in stopping Zod's terraforming plan and that he took action against the Kryptonians that were attempting (and in fact did succeed) in killing U.S. Airmen and soldiers in Kansas. Further more I think Metropolis Grand Central has tons of CCTV coverage available for the public to see that Superman was defending humans against Zod.

I'm not saying there would not be some resentment against Superman, I mean it is his presence on Earth that is the reason Zod shows up at all (as it is in the comics too. Same for Brainiac and a host of other threats and villains). But the eventual full(er) story and what we can assume of Superman's actions in the wider world after (he shows up at the DP after telling Martha that he will be going where he's needed) would counter act a great deal of that.
I prefer her to keep much of Superman's stuff secret, while letting out tidbits hear and there. I'd think it'd be better to wait for him to "die" before spilling everything she knows about him as an alien.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #372
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Yes. But realistically, it wouldn't matter. People would still be very wary of him, if not outright distrustful. I expect public opinion to be mixed (at best).
I said as much in my post. There's going to be some strong feelings against Superman. But the ample evidence is logically also there to counteract a lot of the negativity that would be in the public's hearts and minds. I just think some peoples opinion that everyone in Metropolis and the world would hate and fear him is a pretty large overstatement, that's all.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #373
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
I said as much in my post. There's going to be some strong feelings against Superman. But the ample evidence is logically also there to counteract a lot of the negativity that would be in the public's hearts and minds.
You don't seem to be looking at this from the perspective of someone who doesn't know everything there is to know about Superman. Think about it: if Superman really existed, do you honestly believe that everyone (or even the majority) would examine his heroics and come to the conclusion that he isn't a threat?

Quote:
I just think some peoples opinion that everyone in Metropolis and the world would hate and fear him is a pretty large overstatement, that's all.
And that's where we disagree.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #374
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I prefer her to keep much of Superman's stuff secret, while letting out tidbits hear and there. I'd think it'd be better to wait for him to "die" before spilling everything she knows about him as an alien.
But that's just it. The world already knows he is an alien and that he's been here for "sometime". After the events of the film there will be tons of questions. Better she answer some of them. Lois also wanted to tell his story before Clark told her about how his father let himself die to protect the secret of his origin. That's a non issue now. Cat's out of the bag. She could do him a great PR service without putting his secret ID in jeopardy. And again the press and public in general are going to have a thirst for answers to "The Story Of The Century". Better she put herself in a position to shape that narrative than let fear and suspicion run wild. Also the military is going to have to come up with some answers even if Swanwick is successful in trying to help Superman keep his private life private. This can't all be swept under the rug with an IRON MAN styled "training accident" cover story after all.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #375
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
But that's just it. The world already knows he is an alien and that he's been here for "sometime". After the events of the film there will be tons of questions. Better she answer some of them.
I can see her fudging the truth a bit or omitting some details in an effort to protect Clark's privacy. It honestly wasn't all that hard for Lois to figure out his identity and she'll probably want to avoid unintentionally giving anyone else the same opportunity. I could see the government releasing some details, but keeping a lot of details under wraps.

Quote:
Lois also wanted to tell his story before Clark told her about how his father let himself die to protect the secret of his origin. That's a non issue now. Cat's out of the bag. She could do him a great PR service without putting his secret ID in jeopardy.
Which could mean hiding from the general public that he grew up on Earth. Focusing on what he did to help save the world from Zod would be better.

Quote:
Better she put herself in a position to shape that narrative than let fear and suspicion run wild.
That's going to happen no matter what.

Closed Thread