The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #901
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I was surprised too. After SR's supes and Lois being so dry, I was prepared for the worst.
lol...I didn't really think they would have that good of chemistry. Again, I wasn't really familiar with either of them, but from pics I wouldn't have seen that. I don't know who else auditioned for Lois, but I can see why Amy got it. She had Cavill really clicked on screen. It just worked.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #902
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The thing that I particularly enjoy in how Cavil and Adams portrayed their characters sharing their first kiss... it felt passionate and yet in the same time, it was obvious that it wasn't really based off of lust or just intense attraction to each other (aka the first kiss that Thor and Jane had with each other).

It felt like a real intimate kiss between people that wasn't just for show but more of a natural progression in their relationship with each other.

On another note...

I know someone was killed in this scene....but I still find it beautiful. Cavill's scream, Lois comforting him...there's a beauty in it.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:18 AM   #903
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think I read somewhere that this scene was actually the first scene that Amy and Henry shot together for the film.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:37 AM   #904
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I swear, for the folks that said that she was not "attractive" enough to play this role...Jeez

Oh and one more for good measure regarding the famous kiss...

Old 11-28-2013, 03:04 AM   #905
lc23
Fan of Steel

LOL! Whatcha doin', Amy?

Old 11-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #906
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

A stripper to move to prove she's very flexible...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #907
MrsKent26
Whatever.

She's trying to take my man!

Old 11-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #908
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I like the little head nod Cavill gives her...like yeah that's right. Or it could have been don't kick me in the face...lol.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #909
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
A stripper to move to prove she's very flexible...lol
Shh! That was a rhetorical question.

L: I put my leg here. Then you can hover upside down and...

C: ...

Old 11-28-2013, 03:19 AM   #910
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

You know now that I watch that I really wonder what in the hell she was doing. It's like she was being very provocative. I think she was feeling Henry in that suit a little too much.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #911
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
You know now that I watch that I really wonder what in the hell she was doing. It's like she was being very provocative. I think she was feeling Henry in that suit a little too much.
Can you blame her?

Old 11-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #912
MrsKent26
Whatever.

not at all.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #913
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

lol...Nope I can't. I wouldn't even be able to function if I was that close to that man.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:35 AM   #914
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You know, on another note, given that MOS somewhat proved that Kryptonians don't really change much in appearance with age and such (I mean 33 years passed since we saw Faora and Zod on Krypton and they didn't look that much different), I wonder if this will be reference for Clark and Lois's relationship somewhere down the line?

I mean you'd think that it could be something for them to be sad to know about at first that they won't age next to each other the same way and that while Lois grows older as a human being, Clark will still look relatively the same.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #915
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I got the feeling that he will age. The sun made him stronger, but I didn't get the impression it made him immortal. However, that's probably one of my few gripes with the movie is that it didn't really clarify what powers the sun gives him and what powers the atmosphere gives him. Clearly without the earth's atmosphere he can become as weak as a human. Again, I think he will age and should age. It makes no sense to me how can grow to adulthood if he doesn't age.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #916
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I got the feeling that he will age. The sun made him stronger, but I didn't get the impression it made him immortal. However, that's probably one of my few gripes with the movie is that it didn't really clarify what powers the sun gives him and what powers the atmosphere gives him. Clearly without the earth's atmosphere he can become as weak as a human.
Well yeah, he'll definitely age. My point was that he won't age at the same pace as Lois and he may be able to live a lot longer than an average human.

I mean Clark could technically be in his 80's and yet still look like he's in his early 40's or even late 30's. Just look at how Zod and Faora didn't really change in appearance within the 33 year gap despite them being adults on Krypton.

In some ways, a person could think of it as a sad ending that Clark will outlive Lois to a long extent and that he'll have to wait a lot longer before he can die of natural causes himself.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #917
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I do understand your point, but without a clear explanation on what exactly the sun does to his cells then I think it's a plausible assumption to think he will age normally.

Also Zod did age. He got gray. It's not easy to see because the actor didn't, but they did add touches to show that he aged. He got gray hair.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #918
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I do understand your point, but without a clear explanation on what exactly the sun does to his cells then I think it's a plausible assumption to think he will age normally.

Also Zod did age. He got gray. It's not easy to see because the actor didn't, but they did add touches to show that he aged. He got gray hair.
True, though Zod and Faora should have at least been in their 50's to 60's, and they looked pretty fine to me and that was without yellow sun radiation since I think them being on Earth was the first time that they were truly exposed to it.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #919
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Yeah the aging thing wasn't shown well for them, but I think that had more to do with the fact they really couldn't age them. They tried, but it's really hard to see. For instance, Faora has an older style haircut then she first did when she was on Krypton. No gray for her, but it's subtle things they tried to reinforce I think.

As for Supes aging...I actually hope they don't provide an explanation for that because it would require them to really explain the whole sun and atmosphere thing. Though I'd like more explanation I'm almost afraid of them doing so.

The only thing I'm really wondering about is rather in this incarnation Kryptonians and humans can reproduce. I got the impression from several of Jor's speeches they could, but that could be just wishful thinking on my part.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #920
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

The only thing I'm really wondering about is rather in this incarnation Kryptonians and humans can reproduce. I got the impression from several of Jor's speeches they could, but that could be just wishful thinking on my part.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kryptonians can reproduce with human beings; I mean the first film pretty much paved the way for such an event to occur. Clark and Lois having a baby together at the very end of the franchise would be symbolic of Clark rebuilding Krypton but being the bridge between humans and kryptonians.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:11 AM   #921
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Yeah the aging thing wasn't shown well for them, but I think that had more to do with the fact they really couldn't age them. They tried, but it's really hard to see. For instance, Faora has an older style haircut then she first did when she was on Krypton. No gray for her, but it's subtle things they tried to reinforce I think.

As for Supes aging...I actually hope they don't provide an explanation for that because it would require them to really explain the whole sun and atmosphere thing. Though I'd like more explanation I'm almost afraid of them doing so.

Are you sure it's the resulting offspring that stokes your interest, rather than what usually needs to happen for said offspring to be produced?

Old 11-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #922
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kryptonians can reproduce with human beings; I mean the first film pretty much paved the way for such an event to occur. Clark and Lois having a baby together at the very end of the franchise would be symbolic of Clark rebuilding Krypton but being the bridge between humans and kryptonians.
That's my thought. Plus Supes having the codex bonded within makes me wonder if that was the point of Jor bonding them in the first place.

The codex thingy could also be a part of why he will age. As someone explained it to me it's the older dna from the ultimate Kryptonian. That was a fossil, so we know they live and die naturally. I can't see that not being the case for Supes even if he is supernaturally strong from the sun or atmosphere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
Are you sure it's the resulting offspring that stokes your interest, rather than what usually needs to happen for said offspring to be produced?
Well there is my desire to see more kissing and shirtless scenes, but truthfully I want this put to bed. I know if they do it in the movie the comics will follow. That's my real hope.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-28-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #923
lc23
Fan of Steel

I dunno about Lois and Clark having a baby in MoS-verse. We see how well that worked out in SR.

And I don't think MoS will have much, if any, effect on comics. Besides, haven't there already been story lines where Lois and Clark had a kid?

Old 11-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #924
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I don't need to see the baby. I just want him to hear two heart beats from her. That's it. I don't want him to fly her into space though afterward like Injustice...lol

Yes, they are some comics where they have. I have heard in the new 52 there's an actual kid with both of their dna running around. So yeah...it's happened, but I want it to happen organically. If that happens it will answer the aging and compatibility in one shot.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:34 AM   #925
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
I dunno about Lois and Clark having a baby in MoS-verse. We see how well that worked out in SR.
Honestly, I don't think it's the concept of them having a baby that didn't work in SR, but rather the timing and circumstances of it that made it fail in the end.

Superman and Lois having a baby where the circumstances of Jason's conception is left somewhat of a mystery due to singer's inability to map out a proper back story as to which film he's using as continuity from CR's days didn't help.

Then the fact that them having a baby while Lois was engaged to another guy, where everyone thought that Jason was Richard's made things worse, let alone on how superman was gone for the first 5 years.

And finally, having a kid introduce in the beginning film of a intended franchise isn't a smart thing at all for longevity purposes. No one wants to see sequels of superman and family (aka the legend of Zorro style).

And if people think that wasn't bad enough, they were planning on having Superman kill his own son in Singer's sequel

Closed Thread