The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #26
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think this, more than anything, has me most excited for the movie.
I like how he is preaching what I was ridiculed for suggesting. How dare Thor be dynamic.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #27
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I like how he is preaching what I was ridiculed for suggesting. How dare Thor be dynamic.
You ere ridiculed for that? That's crazy. I figured that'd be near the top of everyone's list of things they want in a sequel

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #28
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
You ere ridiculed for that? That's crazy. I figured that'd be near the top of everyone's list of things they want in a sequel
I suggested he move and fight in a more superhuman fashion. It did not go down well with some. Though I am pretty sure BigThor and Jaqua99 have been big on it from the very beginning. Movement, unique hammer technique, hand to hand, different lightning based attacks. It is bliss.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #29
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I'm one who IS happy about all that Darth. I still tho, want to see the classic Dimensional porthole being form by Mjolnir

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #30
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah I'm one who IS happy about all that Darth. I still tho, want to see the classic Dimensional porthole being form by Mjolnir
Do you mean portals? I think it is possible. I thought the first film alluded to the possibility with how the Bifrost was operated.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #31
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Do you mean portals? I think it is possible. I thought the first film alluded to the possibility with how the Bifrost was operated.
lol I hadn't even realized I spelt it that way, but yes PORTAL.
Things like time travel I can live without, but, Thor used to teleport to different dimensions quite often, these days he doesn't at all.

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #32
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol I hadn't even realized I spelt it that way, but yes PORTAL.
Things like time travel I can live without, but, Thor used to teleport to different dimensions quite often, these days he doesn't at all.
Probably because it would mean intergalactic viking ships and space sharks wouldn't be necessary.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #33
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Probably because it would mean intergalactic viking ships and space sharks wouldn't be necessary.
I can see Thor being able to learn new things now that he's king. Maybe something happens to him when he IS crowned king and he learns how to do certain things he couldn't before.

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #34
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Man you're a truly a nice person. We need more people like you and I want to help as well.

I want to as well but how do we do this? I'm only 19 and i dont have any credit cards or anything.
you're 19 and don't have a debit/credit card?

Do you have your own checking account?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #35
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Do not answer these questions TeeKay. This is how they get your info in the internet and the next thing you know, you bought five sailboats.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #36
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

I don't have any plastic and don't WANT any and I'm 52 J.
IF I do ever get the itch for something badly enough online I get a visa gift card

....to every King.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #37
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
IF I do ever get the itch for something badly enough online I get a visa gift card
Wise words.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #38
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
What kind of training did you have to do this time around?

On this one I came in and said, “Okay, I want to make Thor more dynamic.” The guy can fly and split the earth in half with his weapon, yet a lot of the time we have seen him in the past just fighting hand-to-hand combat like a Viking, which is an element of his style, but I think we needed to embrace that he has far more advanced skills than that. So the idea of getting him off the ground a lot more, using more wire work. There’s a lot more wire work in this than previously. Developing different ways to use the hammer, but not always using the hammer. So it just became about making it a bit more dynamic.
Now we're talking.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #39
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay
Can I ask something? Is Kurse to Thor what DoomsDay is to superman? On a threat level?
Yep pretty much, although I'd say Mangog would probably be a better comparison.

Quote:
I suggested he move and fight in a more superhuman fashion. It did not go down well with some. Though I am pretty sure BigThor and Jaqua99 have been big on it from the very beginning. Movement, unique hammer technique, hand to hand, different lightning based attacks. It is bliss.
Yeah I agreed with you on that, I've been rooting for the same thing.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 10-14-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #40
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Do not answer these questions TeeKay. This is how they get your info in the internet and the next thing you know, you bought five sailboats.
yes, because I am trying to get his bank info and steal. I was just making a comment because I got a debit card when I was 16, and a credit card when I was 18...Really dude? Really?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #41
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm kind of confused as to how Thor's hammer works when it comes to his ability to fly from it.

I mean, is he really being levitated and given the ability of flight whenever he touches/uses the hammer or is it just him using so much force when flinging it into the air that he goes wherever it's flung to but that he can't stop midway in the air or levitate unless he's swinging the hammer like a helicopter?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 AM   #42
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm kind of confused as to how Thor's hammer works when it comes to his ability to fly from it.

I mean, is he really being levitated and given the ability of flight whenever he touches/uses the hammer or is it just him using so much force when flinging it into the air that he goes wherever it's flung to but that he can't stop midway in the air or levitate unless he's swinging the hammer like a helicopter?

I've always been sketchy on that myself. If it's just the momentum of the hammer pulling him along then it can't be a very accurate way to travel. However if Thor has total control over Mjolnir, can command exactly when and how it moves, then he should be able to just grab a hold and will it to take him where ever, and at a precise trajectory.

Or maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #43
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

I've always thought that the hammer pretty much "pulls" Thor along. Juggernaut actually used that to his advantage when he fought Thor.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #44
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
yes, because I am trying to get his bank info and steal. I was just making a comment because I got a debit card when I was 16, and a credit card when I was 18...Really dude? Really?
The five sailboats weren't enough for on the sarcasm front? Did I need the smilie?

Old 10-15-2013, 04:59 AM   #45
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
You don't need plastic for paypal. Just a checking account

Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well folks, the last two TV Spots that we got have been officially released online:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Links (In case if the ones above don't work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIctKixLIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1_J5sgj-c

Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 AM   #47
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

malekith looks taller than thor in that final battle scene

Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #48
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well folks, the last two TV Spots that we got have been officially released online:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

These spots are like chocolate chip cookies. I know I shouldn't eat any more, but they are so tempting . . .

Old 10-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #49
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 10-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #50
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Might get to attend a screening in NYC Thursday night thanks to my gf, who works at Disney Theatrical. Will keep you guys posted and of course write up a spoiler free review if I go.

My LEGO Gallery
Closed Thread