The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #76
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

That new clip was your basic "villain awakening" but got me really juiced up anyway. Like I've been pretty "Ah yeah, Thor will be neat to see" toward this movie, but it just hit me how fun it'll likely be to watch. The cinematography, score, and direction give it a great atmosphere and it actually already feels the most cinematic of the MCU thus far.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #77
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Found a Youtube version of the clip:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #78
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

This scene is gonna suck to watch for anyone seeing it in 3D. It's dark enough as it is; with the glasses you won't see jack****.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #79
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
That was cool. And gave me chills when Malekith spoke in their own dialect.. At least they have their own language here, unlike the the kryptonians in MOS who spoke english from the get go. (NOT TRYING TO START A FLAME WAR) I just thought it would have been cool if they had their own unique language.

I have a feeling he might end up being my favorite villain in the MCU.
Because English is the universal language.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #80
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The five sailboats weren't enough for on the sarcasm front? Did I need the smilie?
apparently yes, you did lolol

Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #81
Adamantium
Your King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
This scene is gonna suck to watch for anyone seeing it in 3D. It's dark enough as it is; with the glasses you won't see jack****.
Yeah. I've never researched it, but is there a reason why 3D glasses are dark? Do they have to be in order to work. I played MLB The Show once on 3D also @ Best Buy and couldn't stand how dark it was. I've always wondered why.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #82
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm kind of confused as to how Thor's hammer works when it comes to his ability to fly from it.

I mean, is he really being levitated and given the ability of flight whenever he touches/uses the hammer or is it just him using so much force when flinging it into the air that he goes wherever it's flung to but that he can't stop midway in the air or levitate unless he's swinging the hammer like a helicopter?
It's just up to the writer honestly, he's been depicted as actually flying as well as being pulled along.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #83
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Just got my "midnight" tickets for November 7th. It's an 8pm show.

In other news, that clip is

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 10-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #84
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Yeah. I've never researched it, but is there a reason why 3D glasses are dark? Do they have to be in order to work. I played MLB The Show once on 3D also @ Best Buy and couldn't stand how dark it was. I've always wondered why.
It has to do with them using a Polarization System to create the 3D effect.

Personally, I've never had a problem at my theater with dark scenes being too dark/indistinguishable on 3D films. I guess i happen to have a theater where they train their projectionists to properly compensate for the filter (though I know not all theaters do)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #85
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
That new clip was your basic "villain awakening" but got me really juiced up anyway. Like I've been pretty "Ah yeah, Thor will be neat to see" toward this movie, but it just hit me how fun it'll likely be to watch. The cinematography, score, and direction give it a great atmosphere and it actually already feels the most cinematic of the MCU thus far.
Hmmm I thought the same thing while watching tv spots, the cinematography was this movie is tops. It's probably one the most cinematic MCU film so far along with Iron Man 3 which was cinematic as well.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #86
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
At the very least, the visuals and effects in the movie are going to be fantastic. I got a Star Trek-vibe from that scene and Malekith's ship.
Ditto! And it was awesome.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #87
warriorking
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is why I never go to these movies in 3D, Price is highway robbery and you can't see jack Sh**....

I think this movie is going to be talked about for a long time, It has really raised the bar for future movies...
Come this Friday this board is going to go ballistic asking questions for those who saw the movie Thursday night....

Last edited by warriorking; 10-15-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #88
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I find it pretty cool that Eminem mentioned Asgard in his new song "Rap God, he also mentioned Thor and Odin.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #89
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
That is why I never go to these movies in 3D, Price is highway robbery and you can't see jack Sh**....

I think this movie is going to be talked about for a long time, It has really raised the bar for future movies...
Come Friday this board is going to go ballistic asking questions for those who saw the movie Thursday night....
True, avoiding 3D myself for the same very reason. Thats, a shame really, as it opens here in 3D IMAX on 30th but I have to wait for 7th to see in normal format.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #90
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm afraid too much of the film will suck seeing it in 3D and since my dumb self bought Thursday night tickets in 3D due to not paying attention, I'm stuck. Guess it will give me a good reason to see it again. Maybe it wasn't on accident after all...

Old 10-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #91
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Just got my "midnight" tickets for November 7th. It's an 8pm show.

In other news, that clip is
I found a theatre in my area that is showing T:TWD on November 7th at 9:00pm. I thought it was a typo or they made some kind of mistake. Is that normal to have showings well before midnight?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #92
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hmmm I thought the same thing while watching tv spots, the cinematography was this movie is tops. It's probably one the most cinematic MCU film so far along with Iron Man 3 which was cinematic as well.
Yeah, I think Phase 2 in general is stepping their game up, cinematography-wise. The lighting and color timing are a big improvement in particular. I have yet to see more than the leaked 15 seconds of CA: TWS footage, but if the Guardians footage is any indication, Marvel will be continuing the trend.

Exciting time to be a superhero movie fan, with emphasis on the movie part

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
I found a theatre in my area that is showing T:TWD on November 7th at 9:00pm. I thought it was a typo or they made some kind of mistake. Is that normal to have showings well before midnight?
It's sort of a more recent trend. A lot of movies have been getting 8-10pm showings, rather than midnight for convenience reasons. Not complaining.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #93
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah, I think Phase 2 in general is stepping their game up, cinematography-wise. The lighting and color timing are a big improvement in particular. I have yet to see more than the leaked 15 seconds of CA: TWS footage, but if the Guardians footage is any indication, Marvel will be continuing the trend.

Exciting time to be a superhero movie fan, with emphasis on the movie part
I haven't seen any Cap 2 footage but Cap was probably the most cinematic Phase 1 film so it's only going to get better. Haven't seen anything on GOTG either but I'd bet it's going to be pretty cinematic.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #94
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I can't wait to see this on the big screen

Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #95
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:

It's sort of a more recent trend. A lot of movies have been getting 8-10pm showings, rather than midnight for convenience reasons. Not complaining.
Oh, me neither! I have to work the next day so I'm very grateful I can't wait, I bought a Thor costume to wear to it.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #96
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

I'm hoping to find a Thor, Avengers, Thor 2 marathon somewhere.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #97
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
I'm hoping to find a Thor, Avengers, Thor 2 marathon somewhere.
That would be awesome.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #98
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
That would be awesome.
Our Cinemark theaters here in Pittsburgh likes to do those kind of marathons for event movies. For the release of Iron Man 3 we had a marathon of IM1, IM2, Avengers, and then IM3. I'm hoping they do the same for Thor.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #99
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k View Post
Our Cinemark theaters here in Pittsburgh likes to do those kind of marathons for event movies. For the release of Iron Man 3 we had a marathon of IM1, IM2, Avengers, and then IM3. I'm hoping they do the same for Thor.
That is great to know, as I actually live in Pittsburgh. It would be cool if they did one, as it would be my first film marathon. *crosses fingers*

Old 10-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #100
hitmanyr2k
Resident Lurker

Keep an eye on the Cinemark theaters in Robinson TWP or Tarentum. They're the ones who usually do it. I wish the AMC Loews in Homestead would have marathons since that's my favorite theater but I've never known them to participate.

Closed Thread