The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #251
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Anyone interested in the long list of actress I have in mind for Monica Rambeau? I'm pretty certain it's similar to a lot of people.
yeah shoot.. go for it..

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #252
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogs View Post
yeah shoot.. go for it..


1. Rosario Dawson
2. Naomie Harris
3. Kerry Washington
4. Paula Patton
5. Nicole Beharie
6. Meagan Good
7. Taraji P. Henson
8. Regina Hall
9. Gabrielle Union
10. Sanaa Lathan
11. Monica Raymund (Chicago Fire)
12. Tika Sumpter
13. Anika Noni Rose
14. Audra McDonald (although she might be a bit too old)
15. Lupita Nyong'o

Likewise, I have a separate (but shorter) list of actresses for Misty Knight that feature Actresses not on this list.

I eliminated Zoe Saldana since she's already a part of the MCU.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:47 PM   #253
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post


1. Rosario Dawson
2. Naomie Harris
3. Kerry Washington
4. Paula Patton
5. Nicole Beharie
6. Meagan Good
7. Taraji P. Henson
8. Regina Hall
9. Gabrielle Union
10. Sanaa Lathan
11. Monica Raymund (Chicago Fire)
12. Tika Sumpter
13. Anika Noni Rose
14. Audra McDonald (although she might be a bit too old)
15. Lupita Nyong'o

Likewise, I have a separate (but shorter) list of actresses for Misty Knight that feature Actresses not on this list.

I eliminated Zoe Saldana since she's already a part of the MCU.
kerry washington and rosario im feeling there

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #254
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,215
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post


1. Rosario Dawson
2. Naomie Harris
3. Kerry Washington
4. Paula Patton
5. Nicole Beharie
6. Meagan Good
7. Taraji P. Henson
8. Regina Hall
9. Gabrielle Union
10. Sanaa Lathan
11. Monica Raymund (Chicago Fire)
12. Tika Sumpter
13. Anika Noni Rose
14. Audra McDonald (although she might be a bit too old)
15. Lupita Nyong'o

Likewise, I have a separate (but shorter) list of actresses for Misty Knight that feature Actresses not on this list.

I eliminated Zoe Saldana since she's already a part of the MCU.
I am very much into this list, including Tika Sumpter, who I used to watch on One Life to Live. I love that she's doing more features and prime time shows; she's super talented!

Paula Patton for everything, TBH! Ditto Washington, Hall, Nyong'o, Harris, Dawson, and Beharie!

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #255
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1



1. Yaya DaCosta
2. Anne Illonzeh
3. Lauren London
4. Rutina Wesley

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #256
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,188
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Whoever drew that picture of Misty Knight has no grasp of human anatomy whatsoever.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #257
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1



Ian Anthony Dale:


Rick Yune:

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:12 AM   #258
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Hmmm...the more I think about it, Lupita would make a fantastic Shuri, provided they use Shuri again even if there's only going to be one Black Panther movie.

One of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters make repeat appearances. One thing about Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were the returns of characters we're very familiar with. In Iron Man 3, besides Tony, we see Pepper, Rhodey, Happy and JARVIS. In Thor: TDW, besides Thor, we see Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, Frigga, Jane, Dr. Selvig and Darcy all return. In the upcoming Cap: TWS, Cap comes back of course, but we also see Nick Fury, Black Widow, Zola, Bucky/Winter Soldier, Maria Hill, Agent Sitwell, Senator Stern and Peggy all return (I also heard that Dominic Cooper was coming back but I also heard he wasn't, so we'll see) and we've seen these other characters (outside of Peggy, Zola and Nick Fury during the end credits in the First Avenger) in other MCU movies.

Most of the cast in Age of Ultron is coming back except for Pepper, Selvig, Coulson and Loki. The hope is that we'll see Falcon, Agent 13 and perhaps even Crossbones and Zola (depending on their fates in TWS) back for Cap 3. And I have no doubt that we'll see Aaron Taylor Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Batista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel in multiple films. Thomas Kretschmann has signed for multiple films, so we know Strucker will be back.

The hope is that whoever is introduced in future movies appears in more than one movie, even if there aren't any plans for sequels to Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Ant Man.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #259
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Hmmm...the more I think about it, Lupita would make a fantastic Shuri, provided they use Shuri again even if there's only going to be one Black Panther movie.

One of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters make repeat appearances. One thing about Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were the returns of characters we're very familiar with. In Iron Man 3, besides Tony, we see Pepper, Rhodey, Happy and JARVIS. In Thor: TDW, besides Thor, we see Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, Frigga, Jane, Dr. Selvig and Darcy all return. In the upcoming Cap: TWS, Cap comes back of course, but we also see Nick Fury, Black Widow, Zola, Bucky/Winter Soldier, Maria Hill, Agent Sitwell, Senator Stern and Peggy all return (I also heard that Dominic Cooper was coming back but I also heard he wasn't, so we'll see) and we've seen these other characters (outside of Peggy, Zola and Nick Fury during the end credits in the First Avenger) in other MCU movies.

Most of the cast in Age of Ultron is coming back except for Pepper, Selvig, Coulson and Loki. The hope is that we'll see Falcon, Agent 13 and perhaps even Crossbones and Zola (depending on their fates in TWS) back for Cap 3. And I have no doubt that we'll see Aaron Taylor Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Batista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel in multiple films. Thomas Kretschmann has signed for multiple films, so we know Strucker will be back.

The hope is that whoever is introduced in future movies appears in more than one movie, even if there aren't any plans for sequels to Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Ant Man.
why wouldn't coulson be in Age of Ultron? or in the winter soldier? is it because he is running with the team from agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #260
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogs View Post
why wouldn't coulson be in Age of Ultron? or in the winter soldier? is it because he is running with the team from agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?
Because as of now, The Avengers think Coulson is still dead. There's no reason to put Coulson in those two films if the belief by the Avengers is that he's still dead.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #261
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Because as of now, The Avengers think Coulson is still dead. There's no reason to put Coulson in those two films if the belief by the Avengers is that he's still dead.
totally forgot that.. but considering he is in SHIELD Romanova or hawkeye would know he's alive some how in the universe?

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #262
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogs View Post
totally forgot that.. but considering he is in SHIELD Romanova or hawkeye would know he's alive some how in the universe?
Not if they don't have level seven clearance.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #263
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Not if they don't have level seven clearance.

hmm i see i see.. ok makes sense now.. thanks for the reply!

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #264
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

I do hope that if the characters we see in Ant Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange are introduced that we'll see them again.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #265
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I do hope that if the characters we see in Ant Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange are introduced that we'll see them again.
well hey are all in the same universe we will def see someone popped up or show up in another movie/TV show/one Shot.. i mean i love the continuity that marvel brings in this whole universe

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #266
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogs View Post
well hey are all in the same universe we will def see someone popped up or show up in another movie/TV show/one Shot.. i mean i love the continuity that marvel brings in this whole universe
It's one of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters we see again.

Plus, joining the MCU now might be good for an actor in dire need of a career boost. Look at the cast of the Avengers. Scar Jo, Paltrow, RDJ, Renner and Ruffalo were mainly known for their Indie work before they all joined the MCU. All had been critically acclaimed prior to joining. Heck, I think Paltrow's career was sinking before she played Pepper. Being a part of the MCU has revived her career. All four actors who just captured Oscar gold would be good additions to the MCU. McConaghuey or Leto would make good candidates for Dr. Strange. Cate Blanchett would make a decent Madame Hydra or Hela. Lupita would make a good Shuri, but I might make her Spectrum so that it won't just be a one off appearance, even though as I stated earlier, she would not be my first choice.

I would not be surprised at all if later in the year, once the Phase 3 films are announced one of the four winners gets linked to a Phase 3 film as well as one or two of the nominees such as Chiwetel Ejiofor. They've had Oscar Winners before. Hell, Ruffalo, RDJ, Renner, Scar Jo and SLJ have been nominated before and the MCU has had Oscar Winners Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley, Robert Redford, Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges, Benecio del Toro, Paltrow and the recently announced Michael Douglas. Also have Oscar Nominees Bradley Cooper, Glenn Close and Djimon Housou in Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Don Cheadle and Mickey Rourke.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #267
OriginalMiles
I ate some bananas.
 
OriginalMiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Posts: 4,443
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

So, seeing as it's likely that we will find out the entire lineup of Phase 3 movies at the SDCC, what is your idea Phase 3, including what we already know?

I'd like-

2015: Ant Man
2016: GotG 2 and Dr Strange
2017: Thor 3 and Black Panther
2018: Cap 3 and Avengers 3

__________________
2014 CBMs: Captain America: TWS - 9.5/10, Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7.5/10, X-Men: DOFP - 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy - ?/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSentinel View Post
He's the Dark Pieght Detective.
"There's no easy way to say this... I'm pregnant, Trevor."
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #268
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Is it confirmed that Paltrow won't come back for Avengers 2? We didn't exactly know of her appearance in the first movie until quite late.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #269
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is it confirmed that Paltrow won't come back for Avengers 2? We didn't exactly know of her appearance in the first movie until quite late.
I think she said last year when promoting Iron Man 3 that she doesn't expect to be back for Avengers 2.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #270
antdogs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 24
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
It's one of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters we see again.

Plus, joining the MCU now might be good for an actor in dire need of a career boost. Look at the cast of the Avengers. Scar Jo, Paltrow, RDJ, Renner and Ruffalo were mainly known for their Indie work before they all joined the MCU. All had been critically acclaimed prior to joining. Heck, I think Paltrow's career was sinking before she played Pepper. Being a part of the MCU has revived her career. All four actors who just captured Oscar gold would be good additions to the MCU. McConaghuey or Leto would make good candidates for Dr. Strange. Cate Blanchett would make a decent Madame Hydra or Hela. Lupita would make a good Shuri, but I might make her Spectrum so that it won't just be a one off appearance, even though as I stated earlier, she would not be my first choice.

I would not be surprised at all if later in the year, once the Phase 3 films are announced one of the four winners gets linked to a Phase 3 film as well as one or two of the nominees such as Chiwetel Ejiofor. They've had Oscar Winners before. Hell, Ruffalo, RDJ, Renner, Scar Jo and SLJ have been nominated before and the MCU has had Oscar Winners Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley, Robert Redford, Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges, Benecio del Toro, Paltrow and the recently announced Michael Douglas. Also have Oscar Nominees Bradley Cooper, Glenn Close and Djimon Housou in Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Don Cheadle and Mickey Rourke.

yeah i agree.. which is great and to see this comic universe blow up the way it is is amazing. i love it

antdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #271
Raiden
What a bunch of...
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,951
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Because as of now, The Avengers think Coulson is still dead. There's no reason to put Coulson in those two films if the belief by the Avengers is that he's still dead.
But won't Sif tell Thor after next week's episode?

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:57 PM   #272
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I think she said last year when promoting Iron Man 3 that she doesn't expect to be back for Avengers 2.
Didn't RDJ fight to get her in the first one? Maybe she just thinks she's not going to be so lucky this time round. Who knows though.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #273
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
But won't Sif tell Thor after next week's episode?
If she can find him in London.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #274
Tony007
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 34
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

was this already posted here? I just readed in a Spanish forum, I dont see all those series coming out(apart from the ones that are already official) but still here you have it.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



Tony007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #275
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,611
Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
was this already posted here? I just readed in a Spanish forum, I dont see all those series coming out(apart from the ones that are already official) but still here you have it.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


Everything mentioned Phase 3 seems more likely at this point than everything in Phase 4.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.