Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #251
antdogs
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Anyone interested in the long list of actress I have in mind for Monica Rambeau? I'm pretty certain it's similar to a lot of people.
yeah shoot.. go for it..

Old 03-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #252
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogs View Post
yeah shoot.. go for it..

1. Rosario Dawson
2. Naomie Harris
3. Kerry Washington
4. Paula Patton
5. Nicole Beharie
6. Meagan Good
7. Taraji P. Henson
8. Regina Hall
9. Gabrielle Union
10. Sanaa Lathan
11. Monica Raymund (Chicago Fire)
12. Tika Sumpter
13. Anika Noni Rose
14. Audra McDonald (although she might be a bit too old)
15. Lupita Nyong'o

Likewise, I have a separate (but shorter) list of actresses for Misty Knight that feature Actresses not on this list.

I eliminated Zoe Saldana since she's already a part of the MCU.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #253
antdogs
Side-Kick

Quote:

1. Rosario Dawson
2. Naomie Harris
3. Kerry Washington
4. Paula Patton
5. Nicole Beharie
6. Meagan Good
7. Taraji P. Henson
8. Regina Hall
9. Gabrielle Union
10. Sanaa Lathan
12. Tika Sumpter
13. Anika Noni Rose
15. Lupita Nyong'o

Likewise, I have a separate (but shorter) list of actresses for Misty Knight that feature Actresses not on this list.

kerry washington and rosario im feeling there

Old 03-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #254
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:

1. Rosario Dawson
2. Naomie Harris
3. Kerry Washington
4. Paula Patton
5. Nicole Beharie
6. Meagan Good
7. Taraji P. Henson
8. Regina Hall
9. Gabrielle Union
10. Sanaa Lathan
12. Tika Sumpter
13. Anika Noni Rose
15. Lupita Nyong'o

I am very much into this list, including Tika Sumpter, who I used to watch on One Life to Live. I love that she's doing more features and prime time shows; she's super talented!

Paula Patton for everything, TBH! Ditto Washington, Hall, Nyong'o, Harris, Dawson, and Beharie!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #255
Dr. Evil
Gamora

1. Yaya DaCosta
2. Anne Illonzeh
3. Lauren London
4. Rutina Wesley

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 03-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #256
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Whoever drew that picture of Misty Knight has no grasp of human anatomy whatsoever.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #257
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Ian Anthony Dale:

Rick Yune:

Old 03-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #258
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Hmmm...the more I think about it, Lupita would make a fantastic Shuri, provided they use Shuri again even if there's only going to be one Black Panther movie.

One of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters make repeat appearances. One thing about Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were the returns of characters we're very familiar with. In Iron Man 3, besides Tony, we see Pepper, Rhodey, Happy and JARVIS. In Thor: TDW, besides Thor, we see Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, Frigga, Jane, Dr. Selvig and Darcy all return. In the upcoming Cap: TWS, Cap comes back of course, but we also see Nick Fury, Black Widow, Zola, Bucky/Winter Soldier, Maria Hill, Agent Sitwell, Senator Stern and Peggy all return (I also heard that Dominic Cooper was coming back but I also heard he wasn't, so we'll see) and we've seen these other characters (outside of Peggy, Zola and Nick Fury during the end credits in the First Avenger) in other MCU movies.

Most of the cast in Age of Ultron is coming back except for Pepper, Selvig, Coulson and Loki. The hope is that we'll see Falcon, Agent 13 and perhaps even Crossbones and Zola (depending on their fates in TWS) back for Cap 3. And I have no doubt that we'll see Aaron Taylor Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Batista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel in multiple films. Thomas Kretschmann has signed for multiple films, so we know Strucker will be back.

The hope is that whoever is introduced in future movies appears in more than one movie, even if there aren't any plans for sequels to Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Ant Man.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #259
antdogs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm...the more I think about it, Lupita would make a fantastic Shuri, provided they use Shuri again even if there's only going to be one Black Panther movie.

One of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters make repeat appearances. One thing about Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World were the returns of characters we're very familiar with. In Iron Man 3, besides Tony, we see Pepper, Rhodey, Happy and JARVIS. In Thor: TDW, besides Thor, we see Loki, Sif and the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Odin, Frigga, Jane, Dr. Selvig and Darcy all return. In the upcoming Cap: TWS, Cap comes back of course, but we also see Nick Fury, Black Widow, Zola, Bucky/Winter Soldier, Maria Hill, Agent Sitwell, Senator Stern and Peggy all return (I also heard that Dominic Cooper was coming back but I also heard he wasn't, so we'll see) and we've seen these other characters (outside of Peggy, Zola and Nick Fury during the end credits in the First Avenger) in other MCU movies.

Most of the cast in Age of Ultron is coming back except for Pepper, Selvig, Coulson and Loki. The hope is that we'll see Falcon, Agent 13 and perhaps even Crossbones and Zola (depending on their fates in TWS) back for Cap 3. And I have no doubt that we'll see Aaron Taylor Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Michael Douglas, Paul Rudd, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Batista, Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel in multiple films. Thomas Kretschmann has signed for multiple films, so we know Strucker will be back.

The hope is that whoever is introduced in future movies appears in more than one movie, even if there aren't any plans for sequels to Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Ant Man.
why wouldn't coulson be in Age of Ultron? or in the winter soldier? is it because he is running with the team from agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?

Old 03-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #260
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
why wouldn't coulson be in Age of Ultron? or in the winter soldier? is it because he is running with the team from agents of S.H.I.E.L.D?
Because as of now, The Avengers think Coulson is still dead. There's no reason to put Coulson in those two films if the belief by the Avengers is that he's still dead.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:14 PM   #261
antdogs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because as of now, The Avengers think Coulson is still dead. There's no reason to put Coulson in those two films if the belief by the Avengers is that he's still dead.
totally forgot that.. but considering he is in SHIELD Romanova or hawkeye would know he's alive some how in the universe?

Old 03-08-2014, 12:16 PM   #262
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
totally forgot that.. but considering he is in SHIELD Romanova or hawkeye would know he's alive some how in the universe?
Not if they don't have level seven clearance.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #263
antdogs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not if they don't have level seven clearance.

hmm i see i see.. ok makes sense now.. thanks for the reply!

Old 03-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #264
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I do hope that if the characters we see in Ant Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange are introduced that we'll see them again.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #265
antdogs
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do hope that if the characters we see in Ant Man, Black Panther and Dr. Strange are introduced that we'll see them again.
well hey are all in the same universe we will def see someone popped up or show up in another movie/TV show/one Shot.. i mean i love the continuity that marvel brings in this whole universe

Old 03-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #266
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
well hey are all in the same universe we will def see someone popped up or show up in another movie/TV show/one Shot.. i mean i love the continuity that marvel brings in this whole universe
It's one of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters we see again.

Plus, joining the MCU now might be good for an actor in dire need of a career boost. Look at the cast of the Avengers. Scar Jo, Paltrow, RDJ, Renner and Ruffalo were mainly known for their Indie work before they all joined the MCU. All had been critically acclaimed prior to joining. Heck, I think Paltrow's career was sinking before she played Pepper. Being a part of the MCU has revived her career. All four actors who just captured Oscar gold would be good additions to the MCU. McConaghuey or Leto would make good candidates for Dr. Strange. Cate Blanchett would make a decent Madame Hydra or Hela. Lupita would make a good Shuri, but I might make her Spectrum so that it won't just be a one off appearance, even though as I stated earlier, she would not be my first choice.

I would not be surprised at all if later in the year, once the Phase 3 films are announced one of the four winners gets linked to a Phase 3 film as well as one or two of the nominees such as Chiwetel Ejiofor. They've had Oscar Winners before. Hell, Ruffalo, RDJ, Renner, Scar Jo and SLJ have been nominated before and the MCU has had Oscar Winners Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley, Robert Redford, Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges, Benecio del Toro, Paltrow and the recently announced Michael Douglas. Also have Oscar Nominees Bradley Cooper, Glenn Close and Djimon Housou in Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Don Cheadle and Mickey Rourke.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #267
OriginalMiles
#DaneTrain4eva

So, seeing as it's likely that we will find out the entire lineup of Phase 3 movies at the SDCC, what is your idea Phase 3, including what we already know?

I'd like-

2015: Ant Man
2016: GotG 2 and Dr Strange
2017: Thor 3 and Black Panther
2018: Cap 3 and Avengers 3

lol Miles always makes me laugh with that attitude
~*SHH SIX*~
H.E.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #268
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Is it confirmed that Paltrow won't come back for Avengers 2? We didn't exactly know of her appearance in the first movie until quite late.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #269
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is it confirmed that Paltrow won't come back for Avengers 2? We didn't exactly know of her appearance in the first movie until quite late.
I think she said last year when promoting Iron Man 3 that she doesn't expect to be back for Avengers 2.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #270
antdogs
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's one of the great things about the MCU is that many of the characters we see again.

Plus, joining the MCU now might be good for an actor in dire need of a career boost. Look at the cast of the Avengers. Scar Jo, Paltrow, RDJ, Renner and Ruffalo were mainly known for their Indie work before they all joined the MCU. All had been critically acclaimed prior to joining. Heck, I think Paltrow's career was sinking before she played Pepper. Being a part of the MCU has revived her career. All four actors who just captured Oscar gold would be good additions to the MCU. McConaghuey or Leto would make good candidates for Dr. Strange. Cate Blanchett would make a decent Madame Hydra or Hela. Lupita would make a good Shuri, but I might make her Spectrum so that it won't just be a one off appearance, even though as I stated earlier, she would not be my first choice.

I would not be surprised at all if later in the year, once the Phase 3 films are announced one of the four winners gets linked to a Phase 3 film as well as one or two of the nominees such as Chiwetel Ejiofor. They've had Oscar Winners before. Hell, Ruffalo, RDJ, Renner, Scar Jo and SLJ have been nominated before and the MCU has had Oscar Winners Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley, Robert Redford, Tommy Lee Jones, Jeff Bridges, Benecio del Toro, Paltrow and the recently announced Michael Douglas. Also have Oscar Nominees Bradley Cooper, Glenn Close and Djimon Housou in Guardians of the Galaxy as well as Don Cheadle and Mickey Rourke.

yeah i agree.. which is great and to see this comic universe blow up the way it is is amazing. i love it

Old 03-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #271
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
But won't Sif tell Thor after next week's episode?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #272
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I think she said last year when promoting Iron Man 3 that she doesn't expect to be back for Avengers 2.
Didn't RDJ fight to get her in the first one? Maybe she just thinks she's not going to be so lucky this time round. Who knows though.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 PM   #273
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
But won't Sif tell Thor after next week's episode?
If she can find him in London.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #274
Tony007
Side-Kick

was this already posted here? I just readed in a Spanish forum, I dont see all those series coming out(apart from the ones that are already official) but still here you have it.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #275
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony007 View Post
was this already posted here? I just readed in a Spanish forum, I dont see all those series coming out(apart from the ones that are already official) but still here you have it.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Everything mentioned Phase 3 seems more likely at this point than everything in Phase 4.

Closed Thread