The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
We could see if Superman will exile himself after the events of Metropolis or if he will decide to stay to deal with these events.
That's a good question.. I´m inclined to the second one thought as Superman searching survivors with x-ray vision and superhearing...

Last edited by John-An; 10-17-2013 at 11:20 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #27
Loki882
Side-Kick

Snyder has hinted several times that we'll see Superman do actual superhero stuff that doesn't involve stopping the Apocalypse. Given this, I'm inclined to believe that the latter is more likely.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #28
Glassjaw
In training

Am I the only one who thinks Zod's fate won't be touched on much, if at all? After the scene, it's not touched upon in any way shape or form in Man of Steel itself, let alone in a semi sequel two years down the line, which is about Batman as much as Superman.

Also I got the impression Jor El and the fortress is gone, what with getting sucked into the phantom zone. But in my eyes that just opens up more time for Lois and the Daily Planet crew which is a good trade as we really need to see more of them.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
Loki882
Side-Kick

Snyder, Goyer, and Cavill have all said that Superman killing Zod and it's fallout WILL be addressed in BVS. You have two character who are perfectly suited to explore that (Batman and Lex) appearing in the movie.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #30
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Zod's death would -- should -- weigh on his mind, but he's a stayer given how MoS ended. That is, he's no longer a reluctant hero and accepted the heavy mantle of superhero.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #31
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
That's a good question.. I´m incline to the second one thought as Superman searching survivors with x-ray vision and superhearing...

Yeah you're right, it was a supposition, it wasn't an idea, it wasn't an opinion, just a supposition.

CharlieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #32
CharlieS
Side-Kick

In MOS the hologram of Jor-El was operative even when Lois retrieved the key from the spaceship of Zod. I think that the hologram of Jor-El is operative and that it doesn't need the key to operate.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #33
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

More Pa Kent Flashbacks. Not a ton, just enough to show Kent being a good guy and giving Clark good advice. You do see a bit of warmth toward Clark in MOS that gets overlooked because of the Tornadocide and bus confrontation.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #34
Reel
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

- We need to see the publics reaction. This can be done through a news programme on telly. MASSIVE OPPORTUNITY for a DC Easter Egg. Cat Grant? Gordon Godfrey? Anything like that.

-LEX LUTHOR! The owner of LexCorp who using his military contracts gets hold of the alien leftovers. He will 100% be in with all the easter eggs in the film. Also what happened with Zod's indestructible body? Where's that? We need these loose ends tying up.

- Batman doesn't trust Superman either! Not yet anyway!

- I think Martha Kent being Superman's weakness in this film will be a bit overused and GA won't find it that interesting. Seen it done 100s of times (Aunt May anyone?). We need something new.

- Lois knowing from the start is interesting! Expand on it. Show her helping him to keep his identity secret and help him develop into the Superman we know!

- Perry White not knowing/knowing should be left ambigious. He probably knows but we will never know if he does. Leave lots of hints.

Reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #35
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Superman could learn how to pilot the fortress of solitude.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #36
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman could learn how to pilot the fortress of solitude.
Or better yet have Batman teach him the Batusi!

The drive containing Jor's consciousness was sent into the PZ and Supes destroyed the Scout ship/Fortress which was being piloted by Zod who earlier destroyed holo-Jor. Even if the ship is still minimally functional Jor is gone either way hence FOS is no more and Supes is on his own....Foreva!

Isearch4dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #37
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isearch4dope View Post
Or better yet have Batman teach him the Batusi!

The drive containing Jor's consciousness was sent into the PZ and Supes destroyed the Scout ship/Fortress which was being piloted by Zod who earlier destroyed holo-Jor. Even if the ship is still minimally functional Jor is gone either way hence FOS is no more and Supes is on his own....Foreva!
I'm not talking about the spaceship of Zod, i'm talking about the fortress of solitude. The fortress of solitude can be piloted.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #38
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not talking about the spaceship of Zod, i'm talking about the fortress of solitude. The fortress of solitude can be piloted.
I wasn't talking about Zod's ship/Black Zero/Prison ship. The ship that Superman crashed into and heat visioned (Zod piloting) after he took out the world engine is the FOS/Scout ship.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #39
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Zod's ship/Black Zero/Prison ship. The ship that Superman crashed into and heat visioned (Zod piloting) after he took out the world engine is the FOS/Scout ship.
That ship wasn't the fortress of solitude. Zod uninstalled the hologram of Jor-El on his spaceship but the hologram of Jor-El is operational in the fortress of solitude.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #40
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Watch the movie again. Zod tells Faora to take command of the Black Zero so he can pay respect to an old friend (Jor/FOS) after he said to release the world engine. It's the same ship. Only two alien ships were present and the world engine. You really can't remember or is it something else?

Old 10-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
I would like to see how Superman will deal with the death of Zod if he will feel guilty if he will be tormented. I want the character development of Superman enhanced. He could search some advise from Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude. We could see how the world perceive Superman and how Superman perceive the World.
MOS might have almost felt like a real movie if any of these things had been touched on...

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Watch the movie again. Zod tells Faora to take command of the Black Zero so he can pay respect to an old friend (Jor/FOS) after he said to release the world engine. It's the same ship. Only two alien ships were present and the world engine. You really can't remember or is it something else?
That spaceship wasn't the fortress of solitude but when the DVD will come out i will check this.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
More Pa Kent Flashbacks. Not a ton, just enough to show Kent being a good guy and giving Clark good advice. You do see a bit of warmth toward Clark in MOS that gets overlooked because of the Tornadocide and bus confrontation.
then there are two of us who want more pa kent flashbacks

Old 10-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #44
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
That spaceship wasn't the fortress of solitude but when the DVD will come out i will check this.
It was the fortress of solitude of MOS.. I guess Clark will build some with ice and rest of the scout ship (that was the ship that you are saying)

Old 10-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #45
batfreakforever
A real fan

I want more action.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #46
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
MOS might have almost felt like a real movie if any of these things had been touched on...
Please, arguing that it wasn't a "real movie" because it didn't touch on one thing is absurd.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #47
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Please, arguing that it wasn't a "real movie" because it didn't touch on one thing is absurd.
From which material is made that guy? 4 times in the movie I was completely touched...

Old 10-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #48
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
It was the fortress of solitude of MOS.. I guess Clark will build some with ice and rest of the scout ship (that was the ship that you are saying)
Then if it's true i want some flashbacks of Jonathan Kent.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #49
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
As mentioned earlier, I want Zod's suit to fall into Lex's hands, which would setup the awaited physical face-off between him and Superman.

I like Lex the most when he's a physical threat as well. It reminds me of evil Batman, heh.

I'm also really interested to see some expansion on some of MoS's easter eggs. The open pod (Kara?), STAR labs, etc.
yes! the OPEN POD!!! almost forgotten.

i hope it is... DOOMSDAY!!! (it's background story can be varied from the comicbook)

Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #50
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Why would anybody want it to be Doomsday? It makes no sense in this continuity, the Death and REturns superman story would not work here.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote