The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #51
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

I would be fine if the open pod is Doomsday, but I would want it hinted at in this movie and saved for either a Justice League movie or a solo MoS sequel. I'm one of those weirdos that really enjoys that story and I think that it translates very well to film.

I'm expecting it to eventually be a nod to Kara, but I don't expect to see her shown.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #52
Loki882
Side-Kick

Goyer, Snyer, and Deborah Snyder have all confirmed that the open pod was a nod to Kara, not Doomsday.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #53
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Open pod was definitely Kara. At least to leave it open to the imagination. Had they not done something like that we would have to have believed all Kryptonians are now dead or in the PZ.

But I doubt she will ever be in the series. Perhaps (and this is very farfetched) she may show up if this series goes beyond three Man of Steel films and Justice League.

For instance,

Man of Steel
Batman vs Superman
Justice League
Man of Steel direct sequel
Man of Steel direct sequel 2 (with appearance from Kara)

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #54
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
agree, especially the public reaction!!! it wasn't shown at all in MOS! and in SR, the public was immediate embraced his return.
i wanna see fear in the public eyes.
Since only Lois and some in the military realize Superman was key to stopping the invasion and reversing the planetary engineering machine, this will probably be a real issue.

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #55
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Superman could learn how to pilot the fortress of solitude.
But he flew it off and left Lois lying on the ice, so doesn't that mean he already knows how to pilot it?

John Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #56
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Zod's fate won't be touched on much, if at all? After the scene, it's not touched upon in any way shape or form in Man of Steel itself, let alone in a semi sequel two years down the line, which is about Batman as much as Superman.

Also I got the impression Jor El and the fortress is gone, what with getting sucked into the phantom zone. But in my eyes that just opens up more time for Lois and the Daily Planet crew which is a good trade as we really need to see more of them.
Zod's fate will be definitely referenced, I'm 100% sure of it. Especially considering Batman's "no killing" policy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Alonsovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #57
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
- We need to see the publics reaction. This can be done through a news programme on telly. MASSIVE OPPORTUNITY for a DC Easter Egg. Cat Grant? Gordon Godfrey? Anything like that.

-LEX LUTHOR! The owner of LexCorp who using his military contracts gets hold of the alien leftovers. He will 100% be in with all the easter eggs in the film. Also what happened with Zod's indestructible body? Where's that? We need these loose ends tying up.

- Batman doesn't trust Superman either! Not yet anyway!

- I think Martha Kent being Superman's weakness in this film will be a bit overused and GA won't find it that interesting. Seen it done 100s of times (Aunt May anyone?). We need something new.

- Lois knowing from the start is interesting! Expand on it. Show her helping him to keep his identity secret and help him develop into the Superman we know!

- Perry White not knowing/knowing should be left ambigious. He probably knows but we will never know if he does. Leave lots of hints.
there are two options with zod: Supes made the honors or Luthor kept him..

Old 10-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #58
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I would be fine if the open pod is Doomsday, but I would want it hinted at in this movie and saved for either a Justice League movie or a solo MoS sequel. I'm one of those weirdos that really enjoys that story and I think that it translates very well to film.

I'm expecting it to eventually be a nod to Kara, but I don't expect to see her shown.
Impossible.. That's not Doomsday(do you think the earth wouldn't be destroyed by now?) ... if is anyone is Kara or Dev-em

Last edited by John-An; 10-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #59
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Batman glides away.

General: What are you smiling at captain.

Captain: I just think hes kinda hotter than Superman.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #60
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Batman glides away.

General: What are you smiling at captain.

Captain: I just think hes kinda hotter than Superman.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #61
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post

thanks for liking the idea too. i think Doomsday might work. they could put him for the demolition of the ancient civilization. later he went hibernation in the earth core. (then we could have him project out from the earth ). which also can explain why he is so much more powerful than superman. he was reactivated by some events... maybe by Brainiac?

i like a teenage and vigorous supergirl. i don't like her to be an super old lady.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 AM   #62
sf2
Side-Kick

another thing is the codex.

is it still useful for the storyline?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #63
Tempest
....What?

Quote:

Could it be used to create a Bizarro, or some sort of army? That's an intriguing possibility.

A Christmas Card featuring a Suspicious Sort. Look closely, and you'll note that he was nowhere near the place, nor indeed was he near any place at any time.

T.H.E.M.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #64
Loki882
Side-Kick

Wasn't the codex destroyed when Zod's ship crashed into Metropolis? I WANT Kara to appear. She's awesome and it would make for an interesting dynamic, especially with Batman hanging around. I can just picture him thinking "oh crap, not another one."

Old 10-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #65
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Codex wasn't destroyed, it was transfered into Kal's cells. He IS the Codex now.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #66
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Batman goes limping around. Swanwicke: What are you staring at, Captain?
Ferris: I just think he's kind of shot. (faints)

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #67
Bren
Forevernoob

Imagine Superman as a sign of goodwill gives Lex (thinking he's 'safer' than the military) some important kryptonian information, and Batman arrives to berate him for being naive and that there are worse things than being shunned and feared by the public.
Like Lex with Kryptonian tech!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #68
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I'd rather Clark be suspicious from the start, and maybe tell someone he trusts (who LATER betrays him accidentally)

I think it would be deep if Bruce let his guard down because of his paranoia against Supes, while Clark built up some walls of suspicion because of his fear of being manipulated. I think even "normal" people can get out of character in extreme circumstances, and what can be more extreme than a vigilante and supervillain on the loose (and possibly one from Batman's rogues gallery)?

Old 10-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #69
John-An

Quote:

Brainiac's attention... in following movies or JL movie

Old 10-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #70
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I like the idea of the DNA Codex being manipulated to somehow make Doomsday. Or the Phantom Drive somehow opening up the BoomTube

Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #71
ColumbChris
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
We could see if Superman will exile himself after the events of Metropolis or if he will decide to stay to deal with these events.
I dont think that...

ColumbChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #72
Loki882
Side-Kick

If the codex is now inside Superman cells, Lex or some other baddie can't really manipulate it. HOWEVER, Jax-ur did take a blood sample from Superman while he was onboard the Black Zero. Maybe that could come into play at some point.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:18 AM   #73
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Brainiac's attention... in following movies or JL movie
I like that. But why brainiac interested in the codex? Btw, the origin of brainiac? Kryptonian tech too?

Old 10-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #74
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Maybe not in this film, but possible future solo films should touch on the Codex in some way. It still nags me that the start of the film was Kal-El's actual birth. Thematically for a film series it kind of means we will see his death at some point.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #75
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I'd rather Clark be suspicious from the start, and maybe tell someone he trusts (who LATER betrays him accidentally)

I think it would be deep if Bruce let his guard down because of his paranoia against Supes, while Clark built up some walls of suspicion because of his fear of being manipulated. I think even "normal" people can get out of character in extreme circumstances, and what can be more extreme than a vigilante and supervillain on the loose (and possibly one from Batman's rogues gallery)?
great theory.. could be great plasmed on big screen