The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #101
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Or people would accuse Superman of being "emo," that complaint WILL be made, its inevitable. Also, he has nothing to be remorseful about, if it weren't for him, EVERYONE would be dead.
Yeah. Poor Superman is either "happy-go-lucky" or "emo."

Personally, I felt like Superman in MOS was more contemplative than moody, and I found his brooding generally appropriate (such as seeing Zod threaten earth or watch a trucker harass a random woman).

But, at the same time, I think MOS gives Clark great learning opportunities that should occur during the sequel.

As for the "guilt over Zod" thing. Time has passed, and some people don't discuss their feelings as much with others.

Further referencing that scene would reinforce the darkness of the act. Acting like it never happened at least allows audiences to breathe a bit.

I hope the sequel addresses it, but doesn't use it as an excuse to make Superman a figure who can never be happy.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #102
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Okay, I'll put down my dukes.

To switch subjects, I've been thinking a lot about a Suicide Squad being included as the primary threat for a Justice League movie. I wouldn't mind the hint that we got of STAR labs to be built upon in BvS to set something like that up.
Good thought.. maybe secret society in change.. Dr. TO Morrow and Amazo but you know could be a little similar as Ultron.. and for Star Labs maybe a little cameo from victor stone playing american football, you know anyone can dream, but my first thought is Darkseid for JL for DC to take advantage that Marvel didn't use Thanos for A2...

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #103
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
If referencing what happened in MOS and/or using flashbacks to show him saving trapped civilians (for example) is actually part of the plot of the next film, then yes.

If it's chucked in there to pander to those people who were upset Superman lost his cool when someone threatened his mother, and broke some buildings while saving the entire planet, then no.
The first one yes.. but the second one, Lex Luthor could manipulate metropolis to hate superman

Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #104
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Personally, I felt like Superman in MOS was more contemplative than moody, and I found his brooding generally appropriate (such as seeing Zod threaten earth or watch a trucker harass a random woman).

But, at the same time, I think MOS gives Clark great learning opportunities that should occur during the sequel.

As for the "guilt over Zod" thing. Time has passed, and some people don't discuss their feelings as much with others.

Further referencing that scene would reinforce the darkness of the act. Acting like it never happened at least allows audiences to breathe a bit.

I hope the sequel addresses it, but doesn't use it as an excuse to make Superman a figure who can never be happy.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #105
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:

I also thought that Clark Kent came off as emotionally well-balanced in the movie.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #106
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:

Agreed.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #107
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Again, if there is a FOS in this or any future films, I think there should be a tomb with Zod's body inside covered by his insignia. A reminder as it were. Similar to the memorium Supes had in the Walt Simoson Superman special for the Phantom Zone criminals he executed in the Byrne era.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #108
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Again, if there is a FOS in this or any future films, I think there should be a tomb with Zod's body inside covered by his insignia. A reminder as it were. Similar to the memorium Supes had in the Walt Simoson Superman special for the Phantom Zone criminals he executed in the Byrne era.
Unnecessary i think.
i hope superman repaired the scout ship, stationed it at north pole and made it FOS.
however the system isn't controlled by Jor-el essence but... Eradicator!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #109
sf2
Side-Kick

and what about the kryptonian technology remaining?
should they be a plot device?

Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #110
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Unnecessary i think.
i hope superman repaired the scout ship, stationed it at north pole and made it FOS.
however the system isn't controlled by Jor-el essence but... Eradicator!!!

I don't want a repaired ship.I would like a reverse of the recent trend of FOS being made by K-Tech for Kal-El. Instead, I'd like a FOS made by Superman's own hands that starts out as a repository of K-Tech. I still have a dream that he takes most of the K-Tech someplace, gets some of it up and running and uses it to "Keep testing his limits."

Actually, imagine the look on BatFleck's face if there is a scene of Superman taking him to his secret hideout. Then again, I always thought the FOS was way more impressive than the BatCave.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #111
Eros
Side-Kick

I just think superman learned a lesson, He didn't spend years training in some magical fortress like the old movies, he virtually was given a suit and his peoples back story, and a few days later Had to deal with an Alien invasion of his own people. That's alot to deal with, and never being in a super powered battle before, he found himself thrown into one after another, he didn't have time to think about property damage. Imagine yourself thrown into a similar situation, and being forced to kill his enemy, its the ultimate initiation into the world of heroics.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #112
sf2
Side-Kick

Shock Re: MOS potential for BVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I don't want a repaired ship.I would like a reverse of the recent trend of FOS being made by K-Tech for Kal-El. Instead, I'd like a FOS made by Superman's own hands that starts out as a repository of K-Tech. I still have a dream that he takes most of the K-Tech someplace, gets some of it up and running and uses it to "Keep testing his limits."

Actually, imagine the look on BatFleck's face if there is a scene of Superman taking him to his secret hideout. Then again, I always thought the FOS was way more impressive than the BatCave.
that's a wonderful idea too. but is superman a K-tech Savvy?
maybe Batman helping him building the FOS in BVS!!!???

Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #113
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like that. But why brainiac interested in the codex? Btw, the origin of brainiac? Kryptonian tech too?
In the New 52 comics, Brainiac is an alien from Yod-Colu who sends out robot probes to capture cities and destroy planets. His A.I. has infected a lot of planets, including Krypton and Earth (on Earth he is the internet.)

I guess he would be interested in Superman and the codex to complete his Kryptonian collection.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #114
sf2
Side-Kick

thanks, Willi.
so Brainiac basically a collector? (has seen the superman unbound animation)
i think there should be more in his intention.
anyway, Brainiac must be made into the silver screen!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #115
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
thanks, Willi.

That's who and what Brainiac has ALWAYS been. The idea of him being of Kryptonian origin is one of the many things the Timm/Dini toon just got wrong, though again, the McDuffie penned eps of JLU got him more in line with his comic book canon self, and was a better character for it.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #116
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
thanks, Willi.
He's actually very complicated in the comics. His origin in the New 52 is because an alien named Vril Dox tried to save his planet and other planets from being destroyed by an invasion from another dimension. So he created this A.I.

There should be more than just stealing a city because if it were just stealing and bottling a city like Metropolis, the plot and effects would be similar to the World Engine in MOS.

But more can be done with him. The planet of Colu is very interesting, they are an advanced race, and it opens up the story to all the other Brainiacs, like Brainiac 5, who is in the Legion of Super-Heroes.

"Brainiac" is a scientist so they can do a lot of things to change it up e.g. he can manipulate technology, create robots and creatures, enter the Phantom Zone, control people etc. etc.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #117
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I've said this before in other places as well so I'd though I'd share this here as well.

Personally, I still see this film, currently billed as Superman vs Batman by some, as a DIRECT sequel to "Man of Steel" like how "Iron Man 3" is to "Iron Man 2" as opposed to "The Avengers".

Why? Well, because unlike Marvel's case, we really have no other films from the DC Lore to tie into this film. "Man of Steel" is the ONLY film that came out before this one, and I'm pretty sure that the events of "Man of Steel" will have a significantly strong influence in how the story for this film goes.

That wasn't the case with "The Avengers", where you had several different arcs from different films finally coming together and overlapping with one another in "The Avengers".

Now, I can't say whether Batman will be treated as a equal protagonist to superman or whether he'll just be given a significant role like Harvey Dent was in "TDK", thus allowing Superman to still be treated as the "main" protagonist.

With that said, IF this is really being viewed as MOS 2 in the minds of goyer and Snyer, which I think it is personally, then the possibilities of Superman's overall franchise is quite large.

I mean having Batman in your film, especially when used right, is a pretty big thing and if Goyer and Snyder can manage to present a better story than MOS and use their characters well without one pissing on the other, while this is also treated as MOS 2 by them as well, then this could be one epic sequel that could really be remembered by many for years to come.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:30 AM   #118
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I like how Superman and his lore is at the centre of the shared universe.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #119
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I think it will be a direct sequel to Man of Steel.

That doesn't mean this is necessarily a primarily Superman movie though.

You could hypothetically have a Batman solo movie that deals with the fallout of Man of Steel for example. In this case, the Batman solo movie would be the sequel to Man of Steel.

Just like Iron Man 3 is the sequel to The Avengers, dealing with the fallout of the battle, but focuses solely on Iron Man.

So Batman vs Superman could be a sequel to Man of Steel that deals as much, if not more, with Batman as it does with Superman.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #120
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Given the nature of his arrival, I can't imagine on how it couldn't be.lol

Plus, maybe it's just the Superman fan in me talking here, but I'm still hoping that there's some real truth and foreshadowing in how Jor-el mentioned to Clark that he'll lead humanity to greater heights in the future someday. I'm hoping that it was a hint that Superman may become the leader or co-leader of the Justice League.

Heck, I'm also hoping that just for a small Easter Egg, that we hear from Lois on how she's getting reports that other "Mysterious" heroes are starting to pop out around the globe as a result of the events that took place in MOS, perhaps it serving as unintended factor that set about a chain of events that led to other heroes emerging from the shadows (Flash, Wonder Woman, etc)

Old 10-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #121
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post

I really hope that is the case. In making a shared universe with a boatload of colorful Super-Powered beings, it just makes more sense to have Supes out in front over swash-buckling vigilante Batman. Here is hoping WB understands this and they follow through with the logic of building up ALL of their potential marquee characters.

The general way Batman has interacted with the other heroes of DC these past 30 years is not a good sign. Across media, they make the other characters look bad to build him up. Then they wonder why they can't make any money off their roster of heroes.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #122
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I think it will be a direct sequel to Man of Steel.

That doesn't mean this is necessarily a primarily Superman movie though.

You could hypothetically have a Batman solo movie that deals with the fallout of Man of Steel for example. In this case, the Batman solo movie would be the sequel to Man of Steel.

Just like Iron Man 3 is the sequel to The Avengers, dealing with the fallout of the battle, but it focuses on Iron Man.

So Batman vs Superman could be a sequel to Man of Steel that deals as much, if not more, with Batman as it does with Superman.
Well, Iron Man 3 is also a sequel to "Iron Man 2" as well. And honestly, I can't really see them making a solo Batman film that took place before the events of this upcoming film. They may have flashbacks so that they cover some ground of Bruce's past, but not to the point where it's another origin film again.

And truth be told, I'd prefer it if this film were considered more of a Superman film than a Batman film.lol

I think it'd actually help Batman if he's not overexposed given on how we just had one in Christian Bale. Just present him enough where it leaves people more curious about him so that the need for a new solo Batman franchise grows on its own organically.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 AM   #123
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

"They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall".

I imagine that other super-powered beings will be inspired to put on a cape now.

Man of Steel is not just the first Superman movie, it feels very much like the first movie of an overarching story about the universe of superheroes. (whereas Iron Man 1 doesn't necessarily feel like the beginning of anything more than Iron Man)

---

This is why I'd be fine with the opening Snyder/Goyer "trilogy" of the DC universe being:

2013 Man of Steel (a movie about humans learning that they are not alone in the universe. The tip of the iceberg)

2015 Batman vs Superman (What happens when these beings don't trust each other -- they lose the trust of the people in the process)

2017 Justice League (When these beings band together as a symbol, regaining the trust of the people, establishing the status quo for the DC universe)

Then solos afterwards under different directors.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-21-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #124
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
"They will race behind you. They will stumble. They will fall".

I imagine that other super-powered beings will be inspired to put on a cape now.

---

This is why I'd be fine with the opening Snyder/Goyer "trilogy" of the DC universe being:

2013 Man of Steel (a movie about humans learning that they are not alone in the universe. The tip of the iceberg)

2015 Batman vs Superman (What happens these beings don't trust each other -- they lose the trust of the people)

2017 Justice League (When these beings band together, regaining the trust of the people, establishing the status quo for the DC universe)

Then solos afterwards under different directors.
I've actually wondered about that as well since I've seen some argue that MOS somehow evolved along the way in becoming more of a JL trilogy than a standalone Superman one, especially if things turn out the way that you're mentioning.

Of course, it would definitely get very tricky as to where DC and WB should go after the Justice League film in terms of direction.

Do they just start following down the Marvel Route and start producing solo films for the other heroes that they introduced in the JL film and what about Superman? Do they continue making more superman films or do they just have Superman and Lois appear in the future JL films?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #125
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

For GL, Flash, etc. It depends on their reception in JL -- how they were handled there

(Look at the interest in the Hulk pre-Avengers, with a somewhat mediocre representation, compared to post-Avengers, where they made a likeable version. The JL movie gives them the opportunity to test what works with a character without devoting an entire movie to it)

GL and Flash are properties that
1. require a massive budget to be done any kind of justice.
2: may not have the most wide intrinsic appeal to justify that budget.

(maybe if they got a resourceful director like Blomkamp, this wouldn't be as much of an issue, seeing as District 9 had 1/6th the budget of Green Lantern 2011)

This sort of applies to Superman as well, which requires a massive budget. If JL is a massive success, the interest (and faith) in Superman might go way up however. (Look at IM3's numbers compared to IM2's)

Regarding Batman, it depends how many movies Affleck is willing to do. Would he do 6 or 7 movies? They might just keep him for BvsS, JL, and JL2. Who knows.

(Personally, I'd be fine with no movies because I think Batman is one of the few characters that could be done justice on TV, on the Gotham TV show, seeing as no budget is required ; a Bruce at the start of his career, and thus with a different actor)

----

So we might potentially just get JL movies every 2 years. Team-ups are the proven money makers after all.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-21-2013 at 03:18 AM.