Let's hope we still get something soon.

Old 10-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #227
Bim
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Let's hope we still get something soon.
Dont use that word! it pushes any announcement back a couple of weeks whenever someone uses it

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #228
georgec
Not a hero

When will then be now? Soon.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #229
Lobo
Willa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post

Old 10-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #230
regwec
Shakespearo

You're never gettin' nuthin'. :/

Old 10-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #231
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
You've doomed us all

(Love Spaceballs )

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #232
Octoberist
point blank

Matt Martin of Lucasfilm admitted that the trailers was all his doing but it was all coincedence that it all ended before the 30th:

https://mobile.twitter.com/missingwo...24807749902336

Old 10-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #233
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Hmm interesting news. The final draft of Episode VII is being taken over by Kasdan and JJ and Ardnt is apparently done with his parts of Episode VII.

http://starwars.com/news/master-film...star-wars.html

Quote:
As Episode VII continues pre-production, Lawrence Kasdan and director J.J. Abrams have assumed screenwriting duties for the film. Kasdan, who has been serving as a consultant on the film, is a veteran of several classic Lucasfilm productions, writing the screenplay for Raiders of the Lost Ark and serving as co-screenwriter for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Acclaimed director and screenwriter Abrams' credits include Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Fringe, and Lost.

"I am very excited about the story we have in place and thrilled to have Larry and J.J. working on the script," states Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. "There are very few people who fundamentally understand the way a Star Wars story works like Larry, and it is nothing short of incredible to have him even more deeply involved in its return to the big screen. J.J. of course is an incredible storyteller in his own right. Michael Arndt has done a terrific job bringing us to this point and we have an amazing filmmaking and design team in place already prepping for production."

Location scouting, production design, casting, and costume design are already underway on Episode VII. A team of gifted artists are working to bring the latest installment of the Star Wars saga, including director of photography Dan Mindel (Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness), production designers Rick Carter (Lincoln, Avatar, Forrest Gump) and Darren Gilford (Oblivion, TRON: Legacy), costume designer Michael Kaplan (Star Trek Into Darkness, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Fight Club),special effects supervisor Chris Corbould (Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception), sound designer Ben Burtt (Lincoln, Wall-E, Star Wars: Episodes I-VI), re-recording mixer Gary Rydstrom (Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, Mission: Impossible -Ghost Protocol), supervising sound editor Matthew Wood (Star Trek Into Darkness, The Master, There Will Be Blood) of Skywalker Sound, and visual effects supervisor Roger Guyett (Star Trek Into Darkness, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith) of Industrial Light & Magic. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, with Tommy Harper (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Jack Ryan, Star Trek Into Darkness) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin, War of the Worlds) serving as executive producers. John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.

Shooting is scheduled to begin Spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios for an expected 2015 release.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #234
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Well guys, we got our news. Just not the news we wanted.

Hopefully this doesn't mess with the final product at all...

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #235
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

What Moretz said in her recent interview was correct then, the script is not done. Interesting. The production is delayed as well to Spring.

All around, not good news unless you wanted additional writers on the film.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #236
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

At first I thought they meant that they had scrapped Arndt's script altogether, which would have been a shame. Seems like Abrams as the director and Kasdan as a producer/writer for other future Star Wars films, are tailoring the script to fit their visions/ideas/styles better. Which is understandable and appropriate.

Last edited by 747; 10-24-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #237
Octoberist
point blank

Ummm. umm.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #238
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It thickens.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #239
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
What Moretz said in her recent interview was correct then, the script is not done. Interesting. The production is delayed as well to Spring.

All around, not good news unless you wanted additional writers on the film.
No that's no true at all. Kasdan has been a consultant the whole time. I think some are going to try to go "doom and gloom". I'd rather them get this right then anything else. Kasdan wrote the best Star Wars and Raiders I'll give him a go at any script. That and they have not "Scrapped" the script. Just seems like some further re-writes.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #240
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Are you not entertained?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #241
Octoberist
point blank

According Slahfilm and others, this has been brewing since the summer and Ardnt's script was tossed out in July. JJ didn't like the script and wanted out therefore why there were rumors of his departure back last summer.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #242
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
According Slahfilm and others, this has been brewing since the summer and Ardnt's script was tossed out in July. JJ didn't like the script and wanted out therefore why there were rumors of his departure back last summer.
Ya it's still on track, we got the confirmation last week about that. People though will jump to speculation and doom and gloom because we are just now hearing about it.

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-arn...asdan-writing/

Old 10-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #243
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

[edit]

Really wouldn't be surprised if this moves to 2016.

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #244
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Seriously, with all of this script hooha... how do they think this will be in theaters in May of 2015? It's impossible, or will just be one giant rushed mess.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #245
Soapy
It's happening again...

Wow. It must have been really awful if Abrams wanted out of the project altogether.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #246
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I dunno. With them saying summer 2015 last week at the expo, and they've known about all this stuff for months I kinda think it may still be there. But now I'm wondering if that December stuff is ringing true again (which was originally what I always thought it may be).

Old 10-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #247
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I just find it hard to believe that a script from the guy who brought us Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 sucked. With something like Star Wars it's understandable that people will have differing views and opinions on the story. Hopefully it was just that.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #248
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Wow. It must have been really awful if Abrams wanted out of the project altogether.
No he liked it it's what got him on board to begin with. It was later shown he did not want to "quit" but the thing was he did not want to spend post production over in the UK. They settled that by giving him big post production studios equipment for Bad Robot in LA so he could do all the editing and stuff from there.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #249
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I just find it hard to believe that a script from the guy who brought us Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 sucked. With something like Star Wars it's understandable that people will have differing views and opinions on the story. Hopefully it was just that.
The problem with the internet is people jump to those conclusions. Does not mean it sucked per se. They may have just wanted a different way of certain things going about. But at least we got some kind of update after being quiet for so long.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #250
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

If anything this is great news. It means Disney and Abrams are willing to halt production to make sure that the story they're creating is priority. They're aiming for quality not a half baked piece of crud.

Plus I can't see how anyone can be sad that Kasdan one of the best screenwriters of all time has come back to this franchise.

I would be interested to eventually see what Ardnt's idea/script was. Should make for an interesting special features section. Star Wars always has the best ones.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread