The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #76
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 6

See I would think the opposite if I'm him. Because most likely...he will be asked about Episode VII anyways, and JJ did a good job with the STID press releases by keeping quiet and just saying very little. With it announced they would be able to at least tell the reporters before hand...rules of asking about that.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 10-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #77
Bim
Side-Kick

True. But i would think the announcement is more up to Disney and not so much Harrison, so who knows how much of a say he's had in how things are playing out. I know they were rumors he asked for the announcement to be delayed but... He's probably dying to wrap up his Ender's Game promotion before the *** hits the fan on the 30th (let's assume we're getting huge news by then, shall we? ).

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #78
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
(let's assume we're getting huge news by then, shall we? ).
I didnt even think this was up for discussion.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #79
sueb1863
Side-Kick

Ford can't say anything until Disney makes an official announcement. It's legalities.

By now they have to know whether he and the others have signed up.By now the script has likely be written and that can't happen if they don't know if Han, Luke and Leia will be in the story.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #80
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I didnt even think this was up for discussion.
Stranger things have happened lol

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 PM   #81
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Well it's confirmed that Bioware is making the new Star Wars RPG, so I'd say that's a good thing. It may not be KOTOR, but it may be post Jedi. Old School Bioware RPG+SW yea I think we got our wish.
wait......when has it been confirmed Bioware's actually making a new SW RPG?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #82
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
wait......when has it been confirmed Bioware's actually making a new SW RPG?
Yes it was back in March when EA confirmed the three teams working on Star Wars games. Visceral (makers of Dead Space) DICE (makers of Battlefield) and Bioware (Makers of KOTOR etc) are the three devs making SW games. I figure they will have more to do with post Jedi era. But ya Bioware is making a SW game as well, using the same engine they are using for DA3 right now.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 10-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #83
ColumbChris
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
That's a safe bet
Bet for some good cigars

Old 10-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #84
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Yes it was back in March when EA confirmed the three teams working on Star Wars games. Visceral (makers of Dead Space) DICE (makers of Battlefield) and Bioware (Makers of KOTOR etc) are the three devs making SW games. I figure they will have more to do with post Jedi era. But ya Bioware is making a SW game as well, using the same engine they are using for DA3 right now.
When was this confirmed?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 10-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #85
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
When was this confirmed?
During around the same time. All three games will be using the Frostbite 3 engine. It's now kinda the in-house engine for EA, cheaper to do it that way. Bioware has a contract I believe to use it for their next 3 games or so. DICE said they are continuing to use it for this generation. Visceral is the only one I'm not sure of, but EA made it sound like they are all using that engine. Which is a very flexible engine.

Here's the link. They are all using it. I was right.

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-s-star...e-253262.phtml

Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #86
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I see, interesting.
I really hope the next SW RPG will end up similar to Mass Effect.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 10-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #87
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
I see, interesting.
I really hope the next SW RPG will end up similar to Mass Effect.
Hell no. I want it to be like their traditional, which is what DA3 is going back to. I don't want a damn shooter for an RPG. We want classic Baldur's Gate/KOTOR style. Which is what Bioware is going back to, shown by what they are doing with DA3. After the dreadful action oriented DA2.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #88
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Well I would not mind if it turned out exactly like Kotor but I really wanna see a SW which can balance both the shooter aspect and rpg such as ME. Of course it need to be more balanced than what we got in the third one. SOmething like a mix between ME 1 and 2.
This is also my view on the next ME game, it needs more rpg elements.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #89
Solidus
Kylo Ren

No I don't think they will do the big shooting aspect of ME. That's what ME2 and ME3 failed to capture of the original. (though fun games they were shooters with RPG elements) ME 1 was based on dice rolling which was good not reactionary shooting. These are RPG's, based on "die rolling" not based on reactionary skills. That's what makes them traditional RPG's. I'm fine with some wanting that. But in the end nah, we need 3-5 party members like DA3 where you can control all of them, and it's based on tactical action, not actually "shooting".

Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #90
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Yes I guess you are right about that, though I still prefer to have direct control in battles and such. Even though it's not technically an RPG in that sense.
I guess when I say RPG I mostly mean stuff like looting, non-linear gaming and customization of weapons and armors and stuff like that. But then again I have never played a traditional RPG.

Last edited by gohei_; 10-19-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #91
Nathan

Wouldn't it be possible to have two distinct play styles in the game? One that is like ME1, for all the cover based shooting when you play as smugglers, soldiers, bounty hunters, etc. And for all the lightsaber wielders, the game would play more like the upcoming DA3. Or maybe look at the Force Unleashed.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #92
Solidus
Kylo Ren

That's why we have Battlefront, and Visceral's action Star Wars game as well. Don't need 3 shooter type SW games. I want traditional RPG style.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #93
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Wouldn't it be possible to have two distinct play styles in the game? One that is like ME1, for all the cover based shooting when you play as smugglers, soldiers, bounty hunters, etc. And for all the lightsaber wielders, the game would play more like the upcoming DA3. Or maybe look at the Force Unleashed.
That is a terrible idea. lol No. That would be too complicated and again...that's all reactionary based. That's not an RPG!! Visceral is going to be making the Dark Forces type of action game where I bet there will be lightsaber battles in action. DICE is making the FPS online aspect where you get your shooting.

That idea goes against what traditional RPG's are. And DA3 is not....making anything like action seen in The Force Unleashed (terrible terrible game).

Bioware has said they are going back (hence DA3) to their more traditional RPG roots. Not making it two action games in one. It most likely will not be "reactionary based" but "tactical based" like DA3. And more importantly like KOTOR.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #94
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Yes I guess you are right about that, though I still prefer to have direct control in battles and such. Even though it's not technically an RPG in that sense.
I guess when I say RPG I mostly mean stuff like looting, non-linear gaming and customization of weapons and armors and stuff like that. But then again I have never played a traditional RPG.
There is the problem then. You've never played KOTOR? Go out and play it. Superb game. Traditional RPG's are what Bioware excels at. Mass Effect 2 and 3 were different for them, but other than that (and a long long time ago MDK2) they make traditional RPG's, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, KOTOR 1, (and kinda 2), Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire, Dragon's Age 1. Mass Effect 1 had lots more traditional elements in it. ME2 and 3 and DA2 were different than most previous Bioware games more action oriented. Which is something that they are changing with DA3 going back to their roots.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #95
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Well it's confirmed that Bioware is making the new Star Wars RPG, so I'd say that's a good thing. It may not be KOTOR, but it may be post Jedi. Old School Bioware RPG+SW yea I think we got our wish.
Quote:
During around the same time. All three games will be using the Frostbite 3 engine. It's now kinda the in-house engine for EA, cheaper to do it that way. Bioware has a contract I believe to use it for their next 3 games or so. DICE said they are continuing to use it for this generation. Visceral is the only one I'm not sure of, but EA made it sound like they are all using that engine. Which is a very flexible engine.

Here's the link. They are all using it. I was right.

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-s-star...e-253262.phtml
awesome!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #96
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

edit

Old 10-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #97
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
There is the problem then. You've never played KOTOR? Go out and play it. Superb game. Traditional RPG's are what Bioware excels at. Mass Effect 2 and 3 were different for them, but other than that (and a long long time ago MDK2) they make traditional RPG's, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, KOTOR 1, (and kinda 2), Neverwinter Nights, Jade Empire, Dragon's Age 1. Mass Effect 1 had lots more traditional elements in it. ME2 and 3 and DA2 were different than most previous Bioware games more action oriented. Which is something that they are changing with DA3 going back to their roots.
Well actually I have, for some reason I was thinking about board RPGs. That I've never played.
And yes, Kotor is probably one of the best games out there. I have Baldurs Gate (1 and 2) but I haven't gotten around to playing them and I have dabbled a little bit with DA: Origins.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:23 AM   #98
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

speaking of the KOTOR games, it's a shame they didn't get the HD rerelease treatment.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:32 AM   #99
Grievous
Miss Me?

In the video game forum I expressed my hope that Visceral would make a horror themed Star Wars game since I loved what they have gone in the Dead Space series. But someone there said Disney won't let something like a horror game get made, idk why not?

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force nowÖfor this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #100
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
But someone there said Disney won't let something like a horror game get made, idk why not?
The answer is in this sentence

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Closed Thread