The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I agree with all the points being made here. Yes Batman Begins did a fantastic job in depicting Bruce's Origin. That being said I believe Goyer mentioned we'd see a flashback sequence of Bruce's origins briefly much like Clark's origin in MOS.
I doubt he said that.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #27
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It was stupid. It may have worked for the movie but it was still lazy. It was only done because they needed a more personal reason, a higher stake for the two to fight each other when it came to the end of the movie. It was as if they got together and said "well, we ran out of ideas sooo, why don't we just make the main villain be the guy who killed Bruce's parents so Batman has a better reason to go after him! you know, cuz Nicholson is like 12 years older than Keaton anyway. Itll work!"
Plus, Joe Chill killing the Wayne's showed just WHY Batman was necessary. Gotham was so corrupt, and so crime-ridden, and so bleak that it drove a nobody like Joe Chill to the point of desperation so that he felt that he had no choice but to rob someone. If the richest and most powerful couple in Gotham (and one of the richest in the world) could be killed by some homeless bum, it shows just how bad the city had become, hence why Batman is needed. Making it the Joker destroys all that. Batman and the Joker are connected because they are more similar than different, but there differences are so profound that they're two sides of the same coin. Also, Joker has hurt Batman's loved ones over and over again (crippling Barbara Gordon, trying to drive Gordon insane repeatedly, killing Jason Todd, killing Gordon's wife, etc). Nolan got that, Burton didn't

Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
If we get a flashback sequence similar to this in the film, I'll be very happy.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://youtu.be/InUj9BT8KCc
I hope smth similar in this movie cause we don't really need the origin.. just a little intro (the character is familiar with GA) adding smth special (SNYDER is a genius on adding epic things)

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

I doubt they are going to show Batman's origins in this, even in a flashback. Who knows I guess.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

It'd be best if they didn't go into any of that, considering one of the (few) benefits of rebooting this soon is that everyone who'll go see this knows what they'd need to know already.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 10-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #31
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
All we need is one sentence from Batman to Superman towards the end of the film about what happened to his parents when he was a child. Something that will allow Superman to finally understand why a man with no superpowers would devote his life to something like this.
Agreed.

And I felt like posting this Arkham City screencap because it really does evoke Affleck. I think the way they tackle Batman will evoke the Arkhamverse, stylistically anyway, quite a bit.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
Old 10-18-2013, 12:09 AM   #32
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Agreed.

And I felt like posting this Arkham City screencap because it really does evoke Affleck. I think the way they tackle Batman will evoke the Arkhamverse, stylistically anyway, quite a bit.

That's one of my favorite sequences in the game actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #33
KillerMcQueen
The Foolhardy

I really wish they had that as one of the skins available in challenge mode, I don't care that it wouldn't make sense, it'd be awesome.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #34
Rorschach2012
$

How would he glide? That'd be the only problem. i just got done playing as Batman Beyond in free roam...so awesome, probably my favorite skin

Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #35
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
How would he glide? That'd be the only problem. i just got done playing as Batman Beyond in free roam...so awesome, probably my favorite skin
Most. Awesome. Sport coat. Evaaaar.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #36
Rorschach2012
$

"Nice coat"

Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #37
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Speaking of the Arkham games, I figure since this might get me lynched in the actual thread buuuut...

If Black Mask has put a hit out on Batman for $50 million and sicced 8 world-class assassins on him for one night only....can't Bruce just punk everyone and not be Batman for that one night? I know it wouldn't solve anything, but boy that would be hilarious.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #38
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I doubt they are going to show Batman's origins in this, even in a flashback. Who knows I guess.
I wouldn't mind if they didn't. We kind of get the gist at this point. His is probably the origin story the general audience is most familiar with at this point. Just jump right in, almost B89 style.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:56 AM   #39
Rorschach2012
$

I wouldn't mind an origin flashback sequence, but we definitely don't need it at this point

Old 10-18-2013, 04:39 AM   #40
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
I wouldn't mind an origin flashback sequence, but we definitely don't need it at this point
It could honestly be saved for Batman's own solo film with Ben.

Heck, they could just do something as simple as Clark visiting Bruce while he (Bruce) is paying respects to his parents in the alley that they were gunned down at within the upcoming film.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #41
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

That won't happen.

It's written by Goyer. For some reason, he downplayed Bruce's pain over his parents in TDKT. It was virtually non existent. We'd have no idea he was a traumatized person if he wasn't dressing up to clean up his city!

I think that was Nolan's decision though.

All I know is, these characters' pain is overshadowed by their noble values. Clark breaks Zod's neck and is smiling in the next scene...

Bruce witnesses his parents murder, and he hardly ever mentions them again after that!

Goyer doesn't seem to know what traumatized means, except, smile and live happily!

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #42
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Well if Nolan really wanted to give a callback to the death of Bruce's parents in either TDK or TDKR then we would have gotten it because he was a co-writer for the story and script, along with his younger brother for the latter part so it wasn't entirely up to Goyer for that.

And plus, even though it wasn't directly mentioned in TDKR, I definitely got the impression that the final film was definitely trying to state that Bruce still hadn't gotten over his parents death since that was that event that changed everything for him and that's why he didn't know how to move on with his life, which was the objective for him in the film.

Now regarding MOS, granted, we could have used a better scene in transition between Clark's reaction to Zod and the "I just think he's kind of hot" scene, my understanding was that the latter scene took place probably a few days after Zod's death so it's understandable that Clark isn't all depressed in a scene where he has to confront the general.

Some people have delayed reactions to an experienced trauma, with Iron man 3 being a good example of that. If you look at the end of "The avengers", I wouldn't have imagined that Tony would end up suffering from PTSD in Iron Man 3 from the alien invasion.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #43
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Yeah.

I'm just hoping that Bruce's pain is manifested in the way we know best, which makes him the darker character like the comics. I imagine it will. Because in TDKT, Bruce had to be at a level where he could move on.
Whereas in the comics, he's at a place where that would never happen, because it can't.

And I believe Zod's death will lead to repercussions for Superman.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #44
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Bruce's pain was more implied in TDKT. I mean, he pretty much spent 20 years as a lost soul. Becoming Batman gives him a sense of purpose and place to channel all of that negative energy.

I also think his parents' murder (along with Rachel's) were a huge part of the demons that were eating away at him when he didn't have Batman anymore in the 8 years between TDK and TDKR.

I enjoyed this approach, as opposed to the more overt "my parents are dead!" approach. That gets annoying real quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And plus, even though it wasn't directly mentioned in TDKR, I definitely got the impression that the final film was definitely trying to state that Bruce still hadn't gotten over his parents death since that was that event that changed everything for him and that's why he didn't know how to move on with his life, which was the objective for him in the film.
And yeah, I agree with that. It's the starting point of it all. Climbing out of the pit definitely was a huge metaphor for finally moving on from that fateful day in his life.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #45
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I liked that TDKT didn't bring up Bruce's parents being dead every five minutes. It reminded me of 70's Batman comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
Old 10-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #46
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
If Black Mask has put a hit out on Batman for $50 million and sicced 8 world-class assassins on him for one night only....can't Bruce just punk everyone and not be Batman for that one night? I know it wouldn't solve anything, but boy that would be hilarious.
I know what you mean.

'Teh Bat' is a defiant fellow who meets challenges head on. I'm sure there's more to this bounty and he thinks the same, going out there to unravel what's going on.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #47
GreenKToo
In the fire

My wishes..no flashbacks this time. No shakey camera action, a batman thats closer to the animated batman and jl series batman, a full on lex-corp lex, and a friendship that grows between bats and supes that starts out extremely untrusting of each other, lots of clark kent action as a reporter

Old 10-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #48
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Honestly, all they need to do if they want to explain Batman's origin(again) is to have Clark doing some good ol' internet research on Wayne.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #49
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
I liked that TDKT didn't bring up Bruce's parents being dead every five minutes. It reminded me of 70's Batman comics.
Yeah, same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
That won't happen.

It's written by Goyer. For some reason, he downplayed Bruce's pain over his parents in TDKT. It was virtually non existent. We'd have no idea he was a traumatized person if he wasn't dressing up to clean up his city!

I think that was Nolan's decision though.

All I know is, these characters' pain is overshadowed by their noble values. Clark breaks Zod's neck and is smiling in the next scene...

Bruce witnesses his parents murder, and he hardly ever mentions them again after that!

Goyer doesn't seem to know what traumatized means, except, smile and live happily!
I disagree.

I didn't think he downplayed it at all. It was ALL over Begins. It just wasn't stuffed down our throats which I enjoyed. It was there, you can see it on his face and that was good enough for me. We know what happened. We had an entire movie dedicated to it. Plus flashbacks in 89 and Forever.

Bruce is an introverted person. A lot of people deal with their pain by letting it sit with them but without talking about it to others. Or it's there in the back of their mind as a driving force but they try not to think of it, shutting it out of their head. People who lose things aren't always sitting around talking about it every chance they get especially if they're the type of personality Bruce is.

I wouldn't mind if every movie that Affleck was in had some of his thoughts on his parents' murder. Simply because ive always enjoyed that stuff in the comics and animated series/mask of the phantasm. They can now do their grave scene that fans have been wanting for decades. But Nolan's way wasn't wrong, hiding that pain was done just right. Chris likes a lot of exposition but when he doesn't do it fans WANT him to do exposition. Nobody's ever completely happy. I don't think they needed to keep showing and telling the fans about the murder and how it's a driving force, it's just unnecessary even if it makes for a cool moment.

We tend to forget about Batman Begins and how the bulk of that story was pretty much all about it. It set the stage for the sequels where you don't have to dive in as much. With this new universe (as was Burton's first movie and Shumacher's first too) we don't get an origin story right off the bat. So most likely the first solo film will have some flashbacks or dialogue about the incident, to set the stage. But after that? Probably non-existent.

Last edited by shauner111; 10-18-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #50
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sick of his origin even in quick flashes. How many more times can we see the pearls on the ground and the single spotlight shot? We get it -- he's haunted by it.