Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #951
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
Am i the only one who could change the name of the topic to Marvels Agents of SHIELD and not notice much diference in the kind of many of the complaints this movie is getting compared to that tv show?
Not a fan of that show. To try to compare the two mediums is not even remotely transitive. There are so many more barriers they are dealing with in the story telling on network television, not to mention budget.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #952
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Speaking of Agents of Shield, there will be an episode directly linked with the events of This movie.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #953
Pond
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Not a fan of that show. To try to compare the two mediums is not even remotely transitive. There are so many more barriers they are dealing with in the story telling on network television, not to mention budget.
Im just speaking about some of the complaints being very similar. Bad placed humor doesnt need a special budget. Never compared them.

I adore the show. But thats neither here nor there.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #954
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Hey guys I want this gif as my new avatar but when Iuploaded it, it's just a still pic and not a gif. Somebody help me out please?

Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #955
Silvermoth
Avenger

I liked it way better than the original. I'm glad it embraced the true heights of a fantasy movie. Marvel obviously checked out a lot of the critiques on message boards from the first one.

I don't know why people said it was too funny. I thought the comedy ratio was just perfect. It said a lot about the characters and raised tension not just "time for a lol" like the first one.

Yep, very well done

Old 11-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #956
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Hey guys I want this gif as my new avatar but when Iuploaded it, it's just a still pic and not a gif. Somebody help me out please?

Here you are. It was too big.

For the next time: Please post your avatar request in the Official Avatar thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=393185

or especially for Thor related avatars here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456511

or write me a PM. I'll do my very best.

In another threads your request will be unnoticed possibly.

BTW: you can have an avvy 75x75.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #957
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post

Here you are. It was too big.

For the next time: Please post your avatar request in the Official Avatar thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=393185

or especially for Thor related avatars here: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=456511

or write me a PM. I'll do my very best.

In another threads your request will be unnoticed possibly.

BTW: you can have an avvy 75x75.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I'll do that next time when I need a new Avatar. Thanks again.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #958
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I'm hoping thats the case with me, IM3 was the first MCU movie which got worse with more more viewings, and Thor 2 has similar problems to that movie, so I hope my Thor 2 rating doesnt go down with another viewing. Should be seeing it again this week sometime.
I'm starting to sweat because I'm with you when it comes to Iron Man Three.

Hope I don't have that reaction with The Dark World.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #959
TayDee
Side-Kick

Finally seen the movie, and it was indeed better than the first. People saying that this film had too much comedy are crazy. There were not that many moments in the film. However, the only scenes I wish were removed were the ones after Frigga and Loki.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #960
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I will say this about the comedy, as much as I love Kat Dennings, she was borderline annoying at times in this film.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #961
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I will say this about the comedy, as much as I love Kat Dennings, she was borderline annoying at times in this film.
Don't say that. I liked her in the first. Didn't need to be in the film but I wasn't annoyed she was there. She had fun moments...but I could see why some might have a problem with her in that first film.

I hope they didn't overdue it.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #962
TayDee
Side-Kick

Also, now that we know that this film is doing okay financially, I think Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings shouldn't be in the next one. IMO, a Thor film won't be truly great until they cut ties with all of the earth scenes.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #963
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Did anyone else love what they did with the end actor credits with the bit of animation adding the red, white and black to the pictures? I thought it was really effective.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #964
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Did anyone else love what they did with the end actor credits with the bit of animation adding the red, white and black to the pictures? I thought it was really effective.
I agree. The end credits since the first Thor are a beatuiful thing in the MCU.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 11-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #965
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
This film is just not very good,but hey whatever. People will say it's a "fun" movie. So I guess that means it's good? This movie actually regressed from the 1st film. Yikes
I'm 29 so I'm not actually amused by an astrophysicist streaking near stonehenge, or saying that he concentrates better in his underwear.

However, there were a lot of kids in the movie theatres, boys aged 6-12. They found these scenes funny, as 04nbod says people laughed in the theatre when there was the streaking near stonehenge, the same way I liked the Spawn movie when I was 13, I remember liking it a lot, it also has an underwear scene. There is something to be said for a movie that connects to boys aged 6-12, and yes that does make it a good movie in a very real sense. It's very important to appeal to kids, it's a big deal.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #966
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Making issue with accents and Thor's voice? Really?
I had trouble following Thor's dialogue. In contrast to Rush (another movie with the same actor this year), where Hemsworth isn't making a stupid voice and I could understand everything he said, I would have benefited from subtitles. It's the first time I've ever had trouble following a lead actor's speaking in a comic book movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
You don't even know the name of the villain.
The villain was poorly developed, I'm pretty sure he had less screen time than Loki.

Those of us who have not heard of him prior to watching this movie are unlikely to remember him down the road. He is not like the Joker or Loki or Bane. He's more like parallax in the green lantern movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Overall I thought Darcy was one of the better parts of the movie.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-02-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #967
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
The villain was poorly developed, I'm pretty sure he had less screen time than Loki.

Those of us who have not heard of him prior to watching this movie are unlikely to remember him down the road. He is not like the Joker or Loki or Bane. He's more like parallax in the green lantern movie.
I'll agree that he was a bit underdeveloped but he far from parallex from Green lantern, that's an exagerration. I actually strongly disagree with that.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #968
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
I had trouble following Thor's dialogue. In contrast to Rush (another movie with the same actor this year), where Hemsworth isn't making a stupid voice and I could understand everything he said, I would have benefited from subtitles. It's the first time I've ever had trouble following a lead actor's speaking in a comic book movie.
I really liked Rush but Hemsworth's accent there was all over the shop. I had no problem at all understanding him in TDW and not quite sure how you considered his TDW voice stupid if you had no problems with his Rush accent.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #969
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
He's more like parallax in the green lantern movie.
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely BS. Now, if you've said Nero in ST or Laufey in Thor, yes, I had agreed with you, but he is far more developed than the galactic fart cloud.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 11-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #970
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
I'm sorry, but that is absolutely BS. Now, if you've said Nero in ST or Laufey in Thor, yes, I had agreed with you, but he is far more developed than the galactic fart cloud.

true.. i am surprised the poster could remember parallax cloud over malekith and dark elves (not dark angels)

Old 11-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #971
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
More like a diarrhea cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
true.. i am surprised the poster could remember parallax cloud over malekith and dark elves (not dark angels)
It's baffling isn't it?

Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #972
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Hmm, it was OK. I wouldn't say the humor was too much but just misplaced. I loved the first Thor as one of the few. It had a lot of heart and I liked that. This movie showed more of Asgard but it wasn't exciting enough because of the misplaced humor. When the stakes are high and the fate of the universe depends on it I don't appreciate the joking.

Gonna catch a lot of flack for this but I would say that the superhero movie to ironically have the best use of humor is the Dark Knight trilogy. Fancy that, dark, brooding Batman does humor the best.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"
Old 11-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #973
TTFN
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayDee View Post
Finally seen the movie, and it was indeed better than the first. People saying that this film had too much comedy are crazy. There were not that many moments in the film. However, the only scenes I wish were removed were the ones after Frigga and Loki.
IA completely. I just saw it and I don't think the audience I was with laughed out loud more than 5-6 times.

I do think editing is a problem and the movie could have used a good 15-20 more minutes. Sif and TW3 were shown more and in a tougher light in the first film IMO. This one they seriously could have been just guards and the same purpose would have been served.

I do think the only time Loki is ever 100% honest is when he's talking to Odin.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I knew in the first scenes they shared, when Loki was in chains that his biggest problem is Thor being king. He is riddled with jealousy. He even mentions something about what he could so with Thor's blood in his veins. Although I was spoiled with his fake death, you could see a mile away what his ultimate goal was/is. He wants a throne but even more than that, he wants Thor NOT to have it.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #974
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
I only remember parallax because after watching the green lantern I spent time on wikipedia and elsewhere wondering how such a terrible movie could be made. Otherwise I would not remember him. I can't remember the name of the ugly guy from that movie who was the secondary villain.

Similarly, I only remember Red Skull because I already knew the character from the brilliant 1990s spider man cartoon.

Malakeith and the dark elves were very poorly developed in Thor 2, I can't expect many people remembering them unless they are already familiar with the mythology.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-02-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #975
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
Gonna catch a lot of flack for this but I would say that the superhero movie to ironically have the best use of humor is the Dark Knight trilogy. Fancy that, dark, brooding Batman does humor the best.
I agree.

In the third batman movie, the dark knight rises, when batman speaks to catwoman on top of a roof, she disappears and he can't find her, and then he says in his batman voice "so that's what that feels like". It is the funniest line in any comic book movie for me. It's an earned joke and it fits the scene rather than taking away from it.

There were a few funny moments in Thor 2. I liked a lot of the banter between Loki and Thor when they were escaping from Asgard. It made sense that Loki would trash talk in that situation.

Closed Thread