2 0 0%
1 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #151
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

which trailer does it show him in human clothes; i'll rewatch it and see if it was in the movie.

edit: watched the first trailer and saw the bit i think. the kiss? yeah. not in the movie.

i stayed for both credit scenes just fyi

www.redlettermedia.com

Last edited by Repulsor Blast; 10-28-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 AM   #152
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
which trailer does it show him in human clothes; i'll rewatch it and see if it was in the movie.
Second trailer him and Jane kissing with London in background.

BTW thanks for reviews this is, I fear, how it would feel for not Thor fan, I am, as one know explanation of every thing on your list and think they are as they should be (Loki shapeshifting-his inborn ability btw, high scale illusions, Thor looking "weak" when faced Kurse and Mal, etc) but if not explained they must confuse people.

Last edited by Moonwing; 10-28-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #153
First Avenger
Side-Kick

You make it sound pretty bad

Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #154
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i know

i just.. couldn't get into it

but so far the reviews have been almost all positive, so hopefully i am in the minority.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 10-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #155
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Any positives you can share with us?

Old 10-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #156
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

tom hiddleston is great as always. some jokes are really funny. pretty cool dog fight scenes, was not expecting that. feels like a much bigger movie, budget/scale wise, than thor 1. i liked the end, even though i guessed what was coming. thor 3 should be awesome. chris o'dowd was funny. the final battle had some creative/novel ideas that you have to give props for.

oh and there's a really awesome cameo

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #157
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Thanks man

Old 10-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #158
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

no worries. sorry i was so negative!

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 AM   #159
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Hey it's your opinion there's nothing wrong about it.I just hope I will enjoy the movie a little more

Old 10-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #160
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
It is, as I have said, understandable, so no offense taken=). I was actually surprised no reviews have pointed this staff you mentioned.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #161
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

@first avenger: well most of my qualms stem from lack of investment, i think, so big thor fans shouldn't have that problem and consequently have a better time. anyway, laters all.

@moonwing: cool beans!

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 10-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #162
Dasher10
Side-Kick

So from what I've read here, I think that Hela is going to be the main villain in the third film.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Probably so Thor can bring Frigga back since she was supposed to be over in Valhalla but is instead in Hel. Hela decided to keep her as a means of spiting the Aeser who banished her from Asgard because of a prophecy that Odin had. Thor brings Loki along to reason with her as she is his daughter. I wouldn't doubt that on the way there, Loki would pull out a radio and play, "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-28-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #163
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
So from what I've read here, I think that Hela is going to be the main villain in the third film.

Probably so Thor can bring Frigga back since she was supposed to be over in Valhalla but is instead in Hel. Hela decided to keep her as a means of spiting the Aeser who banished her from Asgard because of a prophecy that Odin had. Thor brings Loki along to reason with him as she is his daughter. I wouldn't doubt that on the way there, Loki would pull out a radio and play, "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.
I actually had a theory that's completely different from that involving Hela for the third film...

I think Hela is the person responsible for bringing Loki back to life somehow after he had clearly died, probably made a deal with him which allowed him to switch places with Odin.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #164
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:

Probably so Thor can bring Frigga back since she was supposed to be over in Valhalla but is instead in Hel. Hela decided to keep her as a means of spiting the Aeser who banished her from Asgard because of a prophecy that Odin had. Thor brings Loki along to reason with him as she is his daughter. I wouldn't doubt that on the way there, Loki would pull out a radio and play, "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.
I seriously doubt
, as Hela is 100% not Loki daughter in MCU as he is too young to have children (1k from 5k life span he is roughly early 30 late 20 as is Thor) and even in comic she is not his daughter, more like his creation which was made with some timee-spacey thing. I think they will face Surtur and will need halp from Odin who the hel know where after this movie. So they going to search him I guess.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #165
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
I seriously doubt
, as Hela is 100% not Loki daughter in MCU as he is too young to have children (1k from 5k life span he is roughly early 30 late 20 as is Thor) and even in comic she is not his daughter, more like his creation which was made with some timee-spacey thing. I think they will face Surtur and will need halp from Odin who the hel know where after this movie. So they going to search him I guess.

Thor and Loki are INCREDIBLY old in the MCU.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #166
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
As long as you explain why you didn't like it and don't specifically try to use offensive wording there's no need to apologize for not liking a movie, so therefor you don't have to say you're sorry. It's a shame you didn't like it but I still feel optimistic that I'll be enjoying this. I'll know in a couple of days.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #167
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thor and Loki are INCREDIBLY old in the MCU.
They are only 1000+ years old. So they are really, really young in MCU in comparison to comic where, while we have no real dates, it is probably more like from 3000 to 5000. And lifespan of the asgardians are 5000+. They are not immortal in MCU, they getting old with time, it was specified in the movie.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #168
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I actually had a theory that's completely different from that involving Hela for the third film...

I think Hela is the person responsible for bringing Loki back to life somehow after he had clearly died, probably made a deal with him which allowed him to switch places with Odin.
don't read this unless you have seen the movie.

Loki never died?? It was all a fake out. Do people who have seen the movie think that he actually got killed?

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 10-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #169
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
don't read this unless you have seen the movie.

Loki never died?? It was all a fake out. Do people who have seen the movie think that he actually got killed?
Yep many think so. Because he not steered after Thor is gone and than thing about guard telling Odin that they found the body. There is no indication before last scene in the movie that he is alive. More so, he was supposed to be dead - the last scene was added just before SDCC where Marvel decided to use him in Thor 3. It is known fact.

Last edited by Moonwing; 10-28-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #170
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
great review. almost makes me wish I hadn't spoiled some of it. :P almost.

laughed at your Kat Dennings comment. also cried.

So I gotta ask, (and I'm sure there's no hard evidence for you to comment on). But could there have been any "lasting effects" so to speak of Jane being bonded with the Aether?

Also where does the infinity gem(s) come from? Odin's vault or does it actually play a role in the movie?
The Aether would have killed Jane, hence the need/urgency for Thor wanting to get it out of her. The gems are never mentioned in the film, they are just in the vault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcat3 View Post
How were the two Main Elves Malekith and Algrim? Do any other elves stand out in that film? Did the film feature
Algrim's transformation into Kurse?
And how was it? I am hoping that if it is in the film It will be an American Werewolf type change.
Malekith I delved into. Overall pretty average, some lost potential with him. Algrim is a devoted soldier who will do anything to avenge his people. No other elves are focused on.

As for the transformation:

The elves are able to sacrifice themselves using "the kurse", which is some sort of ancient stone that grants them ultimate power. In turn, they are to live as the creatures they are transformed into for the rest of eternity, hence it being a "curse". We see a few warriors do this in the battle with Bor.

Algrim does it later on after sneaking into Asgard, sacrificing his life to become "the Kursed" (Malekith cuts/stabs Algrim's abs to conceal the stone so it gets into Asgard undetected). His transformation is cool, as his armor bonds/fuses to him, creating Kurse.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 10-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #171
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Steyin , btw, what do you think about Loki`s death was in "clear fake out" like Repulsor Blast mentioned or does he really dyed no matter how temporary?

Old 10-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #172
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Yep many think so. Because he not steered after Thor is gone and than thing about guard telling Odin that they found the body. There is no indication before last scene in the movie that he is alive. More so, he was supposed to be dead - the last scene was added just before SDCC where Marvel decided to use him in Thor 3. It is known fact.
Loki never dies, its all another trick. There is a guard sent to get him/check on them, but it is implied that Loki killed him and used his illusion power to take his form (the guard is glowing as he is leaving Svartalfheim to go back to Asgard, indicating Loki's magic). The guard reporting back to Odin is actually Loki in disguise.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 10-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #173
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Loki never dies, its all another trick. There is a guard sent to get him/check on them, but it is implied that Loki killed him and used his illusion power to take his form (the guard is glowing as he is leaving Svartalfheim to go back to Asgard, indicating Loki's magic). The guard reporting back to Odin is actually Loki in disguise.
TY, oohh it`s nice! Than it leaves him as somewhat clear villain that, somehow dethroned Odin whom he hates with passion (they will need to bring him back in Thor 3 thought if Surtur is involved) yet benevolent to Thor. Perhaps people on tumblr were too "emotional" to see the glow around the guard.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #174
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
If that's the case...

It's definitely going to be interesting on how they reveal someday on how Loki was able to overtake Odin considering that Odin is supposed to be infinitely stronger than Loki

Old 10-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #175
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Keep in mind who Hela IS in both Myth and Comics lol
Would you want "Dad" hanging out in YOUR home for eternity?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread