Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Default The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Since, at the time of this post, talk in the main thread has skewed towards the video game for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, I've created this thread so we can speculate on the inevitable release.

There are no details yet on the game, but as news come in, it will be posted here.

----------------------------

Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
So what you're saying is...with great power comes great responsibility?
With Great Power...Comes Great Fun

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 10-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Tim
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 1

Are there any news? Beenox has been answering a few questions on Twitter but nothing new confirmed AFAIK (all answers kind of the same).

Also, bump.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #5
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

The swinging is allegedly different, I'm wondering how.

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 10-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
WallCrawler
Newbie First Class

i hope you can shoot a web with the right hand while still hanging on one with the left like in the comics

Old 10-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

I like that the web swinging mechanic may be fairly tricky this time around.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallCrawler View Post
i hope you can shoot a web with the right hand while still hanging on one with the left like in the comics
You could do that with SM2 or SM3 couldn't you?

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 10-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
WallCrawler
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
You could do that with SM2 or SM3 couldn't you?
you could do that with sm2. you had to push R2 twice then he shot another web.but it was not really smooth

Last edited by WallCrawler; 10-21-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #10
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

Quote:
you could do that with sm2. you had to push R2 twice then he shot another web.but it was not really smooth
True. By the way, welcome to the boards WallCrawler. Any relation to TheWallCrawler?

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
WallCrawler
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
True. By the way, welcome to the boards WallCrawler. Any relation to TheWallCrawler?
Thanks! ...No I simply tried names with relation to spider-man

Old 10-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

wow, for a split second I thought somebody had hacked my user welcome to the hype!

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 10-21-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Edit: wrong thread..

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

looks like Spidey is on his 3rd month

Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
Tim
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm pretty certain that the web-swinging mechanic using "both triggers" means left trigger for left hand webs and right trigger for right hand webs. That way we could have a webline in both hands etc.

Only thing I hope they add is downward swinging. Imagine how sick it would be to skydive down Oscorp tower only to shoot a webline halfway down (so it attachs below you) and you get a powerful swing due to your fallspeed. If you don't know what I mean watch the Amazing Spider-Man movie where Peter is on a building doing a handstand and falls down.

Oh and they should really focus on delivering the speed & force feeling for webswinging. If they don't add that they could simply re-use the old web swinging from TASM1 game because a webswinging mechanic without proper physics (even though webs attach to things) is just a waste of time IMHO.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
WallCrawler
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'm pretty certain that the web-swinging mechanic using "both triggers" means left trigger for left hand webs and right trigger for right hand webs. That way we could have a webline in both hands etc.

Only thing I hope they add is downward swinging. Imagine how sick it would be to skydive down Oscorp tower only to shoot a webline halfway down (so it attachs below you) and you get a powerful swing due to your fallspeed. If you don't know what I mean watch the Amazing Spider-Man movie where Peter is on a building doing a handstand and falls down.

Oh and they should really focus on delivering the speed & force feeling for webswinging. If they don't add that they could simply re-use the old web swinging from TASM1 game because a webswinging mechanic without proper physics (even though webs attach to things) is just a waste of time IMHO.
you're right.maybe a target cross would work so you can shoot web shoot at any direction.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #17
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:

Good points. The speed and nature of it is definitely important, I agree. With that, I wanna see more of him being so agile and posing during swinging.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
Tim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Good points. The speed and nature of it is definitely important, I agree. With that, I wanna see more of him being so agile and posing during swinging.
Imagine the "last swing" from the movie where Spidey swings & parkours through the alley. I want that and I hope they achieve something similar (atleast with web rush, because the existing web rush is too generic and boring).

Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #19
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Imagine the "last swing" from the movie where Spidey swings & parkours through the alley. I want that and I hope they achieve something similar (atleast with web rush, because the existing web rush is too generic and boring).
Sure. That too. Web rush was alright I thought. It helped you concentrate on what to do next. It was okay.

But yeah I just mean more poses like how he swings in the comics.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
AF3619
WOOO!

Actually they could've done that with close spaces with webrush maybe like in AC3 when you go into an open window triggers a cinematic , maybe in an alley spidey is leaping and dodging escalators and stuff

Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I wonder when we'll get a proper look at the gameplay. Last go round they waited until E3 to show the game off, which was only 3 weeks before the release. This time though, the game releases prior to E3. There's some video game conferences in the end of April I think. I sure hope they don't wait til the last minute before they give us some real gameplay footage.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #22
Tim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I wonder when we'll get a proper look at the gameplay. Last go round they waited until E3 to show the game off, which was only 3 weeks before the release. This time though, the game releases prior to E3. There's some video game conferences in the end of April I think. I sure hope they don't wait til the last minute before they give us some real gameplay footage.
Well all trailers for the first game were ingame footage and kind of represented the final game. I mean if you re-watch the trailers leading up to launch they all had story mission gameplay scenes or freeroaming scenes in there.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Still hoping to get it in a video game
Glad I'm not the only one hoping for this mechanic to be realized in a video game

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #24
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Well all trailers for the first game were ingame footage and kind of represented the final game. I mean if you re-watch the trailers leading up to launch they all had story mission gameplay scenes or freeroaming scenes in there.
Trailers are not a representation of actual gameplay. They are chopped and edited in a way to boost excitement about the game by making a theatrical presentation. I'm talking about straightforward uncut gameplay that shows the actual mechanics of the game in real time as opposed to something that is manufactured to 'look' like the game is being played.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
Tim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Trailers are not a representation of actual gameplay. They are chopped and edited in a way to boost excitement about the game by making a theatrical presentation. I'm talking about straightforward uncut gameplay that shows the actual mechanics of the game in real time as opposed to something that is manufactured to 'look' like the game is being played.
But it's your best bet on ingame footage. You'll maybe get a feature trailer 2-3 months before release (like we did with web rush) which shows off ingame gameplay without that many cuts. Other than that, I don't know when we'll get real uncut gameplay footage. My best bet would be on a gaming convention but E3 is a month after the movie comes out and the game is supposed to launch before the movie is released (late april I assume). Don't know what other convention they could show it to the public on.

Closed Thread