The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #51
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

You know, from seeing all that we have of Thor: TDW, along with knowing what's in stored with The Winter Soldier, i feel like it's almost safe to say that there really isn't a franchise within the MCU (as of yet) where they're able to keep a strong sense of visual continuity between their films.

What I mean is that Iron Man 2 for example, even though it was directed by the same director from the first film, the world presented in that film along with its aesthetics feel so different from what we were shown in the first Iron man film. The first film felt more reality based and more grittier, which actually made me consider for a time on how they were going to expand the MCU back then when they had to introduce fantastical elements like Thor and aliens.

However, when Iron Man 2 came, it's like all of that reality base grittiness left and it felt like a film from a different franchise.

The same can be said for Captain America and the Winter Soldier, though that's mostly due to the different time periods that the character is in from the film.

And I don't think I need to explain on how different The Dark World feels when compared against its predecessor.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #52
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Has the behind the scenes footage for TDW that came with the IM3 DVD leaked online yet?
I dont want to have to buy the DVD to see it .

Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #53
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
You know, from seeing all that we have of Thor: TDW, along with knowing what's in stored with The Winter Soldier, i feel like it's almost safe to say that there really isn't a franchise within the MCU (as of yet) where they're able to keep a strong sense of visual continuity between their films.
For the most part it's impossible to do that when you're using different directors between most of the films.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #54
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
For the most part it's impossible to do that when you're using different directors between most of the films.
Which is actually another thing that I wanted to get at, so far, Joss and Jon are the only two directors within the MCU franchise that have managed to direct (or in Joss's case, will direct) two films.

If Alan Taylor does a great job with this film, I hope that he's brought on to do the third and possibly final Thor film starring Chris Hemsworth.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #55
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
If Alan Taylor does a great job with this film, I hope that he's brought on to do the third and possibly final Thor film starring Chris Hemsworth.
Depends on Taylor's availability and whether or not he wants to return. TDW will open a lot of doors for him. I remember reading a Whedon interview a few weeks back about him wanting to go back to original projects after Avengers 2.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #56
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Depends on Taylor's availability and whether or not he wants to return. TDW will open a lot of doors for him. I remember reading a Whedon interview a few weeks back about him wanting to go back to original projects after Avengers 2.
Isn't Alan Taylor doing the Terminator reboot slated for 2015? Joss will be back for Avengers 3, that's a given.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #57
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Isn't Alan Taylor doing the Terminator reboot slated for 2015? Joss will be back for Avengers 3, that's a given.
I'll believe it when it's official.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #58
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
I'll believe it when it's official.
http://www.slashfilm.com/director-al...inator-reboot/

He's directing it. And do you actually believe Joss won't come back for AV3? He did say after he made the Avengers he was unsure he was returning for the sequel and guess what? He is. It's a given he's coming back for A3 but I think he'll be done after that though.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #59
Loki882
Side-Kick

I just have to say, Kurse looks really cool.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #60
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Correct!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 10-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #61
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
http://www.slashfilm.com/director-al...inator-reboot/

He's directing it. And do you actually believe Joss won't come back for AV3? He did say after he made the Avengers he was unsure he was returning for the sequel and guess what? He is. It's a given he's coming back for A3 but I think he'll be done after that though.
Taylor indicated that the news leaked early but he is offically calling it a rumor for now .
So it has not been officially announced yet .

Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #62
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I think he's more scary than cool to be honest.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #63
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Taylor indicated that the news leaked early but he is offically calling it a rumor for now .
So it has not been officially announced yet .
You do realize how well documented people in the business spin or flat out lie about the projects they're working on right?

He's doing it, but he's being coy.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #64
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

He probably is, but I think it is possible it isnt official yet .
Its kind of like Vin Diesel And GOTG.
Diesels been talking about his role in the film for awhile .
But just the other day, Kevin Feige said the deal with Diesel is close but not quite done .
Somtimes, there is a bit of distance between the deal and official confirmation.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #65
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

At this point, the only people I NEED to come back for the MCU is Feige and Whedon. Even RDJ is replaceable in my mind. But as long as those two are involved in some capacity my doubts for the future of the future direction of Marvel Studios are nonexistent.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #66
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, I have to admit, after seeing better pictures of Odin's new look (armor wise) from "The Dark World", I definitely prefer his armor from the first film. It just looked like something that I could see someone of Odin's position wearing as opposed to the very centurion/medieval like look (with a earthly quality) that he has going on for him right now.

I mean, even the Asgardian Soldiers (who have managed to retain their designs from the first film) look more superior in terms of their armor.

And what's funny is that Odin is still the king, but Thor's armor definitely blows his look out of the water imho.

Case in point:

Vs.

Last edited by herolee10; 10-19-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #67
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

here's the book set less one for 2+

and the TDW Heroclix Thor on right

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #68
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
here's the book set less one for 2+

and the TDW Heroclix Thor on right

LOVE the Heroclix.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #69
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah MM that's all I've found from the set. It was at Target. The books were at Barnes and Noble
And I haven't seen the EXACT IM3 peek online yet but most of what's been in the Featurettes is what was in the IM3 sneak peek.

....to every King.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #70
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

What was funny about the Warriors of the Realm was Loki's entery. All it says is, "Loki hasn't been good lately" and there's a drawing of him in the cell lol

....to every King.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #71
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
On another note, I have to admit, after seeing better pictures of Odin's new look (armor wise) from "The Dark World", I definitely prefer his armor from the first film. It just looked like something that I could see someone of Odin's position wearing as opposed to the very centurion/medieval like look (with a earthly quality) that he has going on for him right now.

I mean, even the Asgardian Soldiers (who have managed to retain their designs from the first film) look more superior in terms of their armor.

And what's funny is that Odin is still the king, but Thor's armor definitely blows his look out of the water imho.
Well I think Odin is wearing his more casual outfit in that T:TDW still.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #72
waffles
Side-Kick

http://www.bubblews.com/news/1367732...s-known-so-far

Not sure if people have seen this yet, its a super-spoilery compilation of what we know so far. Some of the stuff I haven't seen before, its all text and no pictures if anybody was on the lookout for those.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #73
Rock Sexton
Banned User

So I just re-watched Clip #4 with Thor returning to Earth to fetch Jane. When I originally watched it a few days ago it kind've felt awkward .... only because we don't get the build up in the movie before that scene, we're just kind've plopped right into it.

At any rate, that clip exemplifies some of what was missing from the first one. The moment when Thor is standing there .... rain falling, the camera is tracking ever so slowly towards him and the strings start playing. I got kind've goose bumps. Same for in the clip when Thor teleports into Vanaheim then suddenly the you hear the score and chanting.

I love that kind of thing. He's so freaking stoic and it's the music that heightens it even more.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 10-19-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #74
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I just realized he's preventing rainfall in a small radius around Jane in that clip. neat! How'd I miss that before...?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #75
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I just realized he's preventing rainfall in a small radius around Jane in that clip. neat! How'd I miss that before...?
..... and how the rain starts pouring hard on Kat Denning! LOL

Closed Thread