The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #51
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: A Sasquatch-like being has gotten through the perimeter of the Wrestling Thread

Source: PWInsider

The TNA Hall of Fame ceremony is currently ongoing with about 250 fans, plus TNA wrestlers and staff in attendance.
TNA President Dixie Carter is not in attendance. The decision was made for her not to attend due to the direction of her current on-air persona.

Jeff and Karen Jarrett are in attendance and sitting with Kurt Angle's wife and family at the same table.

Sting is also in attendance at the HOF.

There was an estimated 200-250 fans at Fan Interaction earlier this afternoon.

There has been no talk of Hulk Hogan's involvement at Bound for Glory this weekend. Based on the discussions going on within TNA, he has not signed a new deal with the company and is not slated to be part of the PPV tomorrow.

Ethan Carter III will be debuting on Bound for Glory in some fashion.

Current Mr. Olympia Phil Heath will be appearing on the Bound for Glory SpikeTV Pre-PPV special doing a "Bro Off" with Robbie E and Jesse Godderz. So, basically some sort of comedy skit.

Last edited by sweetre15; 10-20-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #52
JabarR
Side-Kick

Default Re: A Sasquatch-like being has gotten through the perimeter of the Wrestling Thread

Here's an exclusive vid from last week Impact Wrestling

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #53
Dr. Evil
Gamora

WWE Studios President Michael Luisi:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #54
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I'm just a student of the game.

Though honestly, I've gone back and bought several DVD compilations over the years that covered a lot of wrestling in the previous eras.
Heh..nicely done!

Yeah, I've done the same.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #55
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Stephanie McMahon entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The Great Khali entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Wade Barrett entrance and finisher in WWE 2K14.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #56
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

For those of you who have consistently bought wwe games through the years, does 2k14 mechanically seem better? I have not purchased since Here comes the pain, which I loved, from what ive seen with the entrance/finisher teasers this game seems definitely worth a buy. Just been cautious with all the criticism with wwe 13'. Can anyone explain the improvements to the overall game play with 2k?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #57
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

I'm always excited for a wrestling game's release and usually get them on day 1 for the fact that it's a new wrestling game but I actually have overall enjoyed the gameplay in the last couple of games,It's pretty much the same in 2K14 but with some nice tweaks that should enhance the enjoyment,Plus the roster is amazing and dig the new WM history story mode,Creation stuff keeps getting better too

Old 10-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #58
sweetre15
Positive Page

I still remember this Paul Heyman shoot: http://youtu.be/D0F0THbnf0I

Despite the fact that it was short, I like that Heyman didn't try to use smoke and mirrors on the fans and let them know that the network was screwing them over.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #59
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I'm always excited for a wrestling game's release and usually get them on day 1 for the fact that it's a new wrestling game but I actually have overall enjoyed the gameplay in the last couple of games,It's pretty much the same in 2K14 but with some nice tweaks that should enhance the enjoyment,Plus the roster is amazing and dig the new WM history story mode,Creation stuff keeps getting better too
Rosters alone make me drool. Thanks Luis, just want to get some input before deciding to buy. Any concern with the sped up game play? Seems like whenever a wrestler gets knocked down they immediately get back up. Hopefully there is an option where you can adjust sliders ala other sports games.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #60
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

I've just been catching up on some NXT stuff. I wasn't really a fan of Bo Dallas, but I'm starting to like him more and more now. Is he still playing the oblivious delusional pseudo-face, or has he gone all out heel now?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #61
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

They stay down longer after their body limbs are damaged and big moves are done on them but I have no concern either way cause personally I don't care about the simulation aspect,It's still just a video game to me and I want to be doing as many moves as my favorite legends/currents stars or created characters as possible and as much action going on as I can

Old 10-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #62
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
Rosters alone make me drool. Thanks Luis, just want to get some input before deciding to buy. Any concern with the sped up game play? Seems like whenever a wrestler gets knocked down they immediately get back up. Hopefully there is an option where you can adjust sliders ala other sports games.
Coming from someone who has actually played an early build of the game, they slowed down the gameplay. It's noticeably slower, but in a good way. It's A LOT smoother. I noticed how long an opponent stays down greatly during the Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon Ladder Match in 30 Years Of WrestleMania.

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Coming from someone who has actually played an early build of the game, they slowed down the gameplay. It's noticeably slower, but in a good way. It's A LOT smoother. I noticed how long an opponent stays down greatly during the Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon Ladder Match in 30 Years Of WrestleMania.
Damn that sounds awesome! that HBK Ramon match is one of the first matches I have to play.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #64
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Quote:
Damn that sounds awesome! that HBK Ramon match is one of the first matches I have to play.
Oh it's awesome in the game. The pre-match promos just add to it as well.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #65
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

I marked seeing Diesel&HBK's WM X pre match promo

Old 10-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh it's awesome in the game. The pre-match promos just add to it as well.
Oh man that is amazing hahaha. Is there all match types? elimination chamber? and is it possible to copy opponent finishers and taunts?

Old 10-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #67
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Oh man that is amazing hahaha. Is there all match types? elimination chamber? and is it possible to copy opponent finishers and taunts?
Chamber is in and can now even spear someone through a pod,There's an ability in the game that allows you to steal your opponents finisher

Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #68
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Chamber is in and can now even spear someone through a pod,There's an ability in the game that allows you to steal your opponents finisher
Thats SO cool. Thanks guys

Old 10-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #69
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

Quote:
Back in August at Summerslam Axxess, I was told by Bryan Williams of another mode within the 30YOWM, which turned out to be The Streak Mode. If you beat 22 or more opponents, you can actually unlock the mode in Exhibition and play as ANYBODY. Essentially, this is the return of Slobberknocker Mode.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #70
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Back in August at Summerslam Axxess, I was told by Bryan Williams of another mode within the 30YOWM, which turned out to be The Streak Mode. If you beat 22 or more opponents, you can actually unlock the mode in Exhibition and play as ANYBODY. Essentially, this is the return of Slobberknocker Mode.
I havent played slobberknocker in years. Im just imagining all the perfect wrestlers for this mode

Old 10-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #71
LuisTX85
Anti-Hero

Once I unlock Slobberknocker I'm going through it with Goldberg then I'll do King of the Ring to crown King Goldberg!

Old 10-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #72
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

I remember there was one Smackdown vs Raw game where they didn't stay down for very long, AT ALL!!

lol.......that was so annoying. like you'd hit them with a strike and they'd immediately get right back up. you couldn't follow it up with any other move, especially a top rope move.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #73
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
I still remember this Paul Heyman shoot: http://youtu.be/D0F0THbnf0I

Despite the fact that it was short, I like that Heyman didn't try to use smoke and mirrors on the fans and let them know that the network was screwing them over.
I remember when this happened. I felt bad for ECW considering TNN was the only exposure I got to them at that point in time until they finally decided to syndicate Hardcore TV in my area.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #74
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

And don't get me started on Defeat The Streak. That sounds like a ***** to play.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #75
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I can understand jacking the AI up a few notches for Taker in that mode (he hasn't lost at Mania so it should be hard to beat him) but I'm not digging that they had him do supernatural disappearing acts when you do have him beat. For one, it doesn't make for very fun gameplay (it sounds frustrating, actually), and two, I don't recall him ever doing anything like that in his WrestleMania matches, especially in the current era. He mostly takes a ****load of punishment and does a zombie situp but that's about it.

Closed Thread