The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #76
TX85
Jolly

Default Re: A Sasquatch-like being has gotten through the perimeter of the Wrestling Thread

I welcome the challenge,I'll be trying to beat the streak with Kane at WM 14 or with my power house original caw at WM 2000(last WM Taker didn't wrestle at in real life)

Old 10-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #77
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Default Re: A Sasquatch-like being has gotten through the perimeter of the Wrestling Thread

I wonder if you'll be able to defeat the streak at any of the 29 WM arenas or if it's just at WrestleMania 29.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #78
TX85
Jolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I wonder if you'll be able to defeat the streak at any of the 29 WM arenas or if it's just at WrestleMania 29.
IF you pick someone he has faced at Mania before then you face off at the event they fought like if you pick Retro Kane then it'll be at WM 14 and if you select someone he has never faced at Mania then you get to select the WM arena

Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #79
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Read that Goldberg and Seth Rollins have some of the most impressive move sets in the game. I got gitty when I read Seth Rollins.

Like Luis said, Kane would be my choice to face taker too. Just seems so appropriate.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #80
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I remember when this happened. I felt bad for ECW considering TNN was the only exposure I got to them at that point in time until they finally decided to syndicate Hardcore TV in my area.
What sucked was that TNN didn't even let them out of their contract despite them constantly trying to get themselves fired so they can look for another network that wouldn't marginalize them.

WWE will always be the clear #1 company in pro wrestling as long as their next best competition is TNA, and TNA will always be the second-rate Mickey Mouse outfit with the creativity of a Xerox copier
Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #81
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Maybe it's just me, but when I see a WWE superstar make the title belt gesture, I think "Discount Double Check"

The WWE is missing a good opportunity for good PR there.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #82
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
Read that Goldberg and Seth Rollins have some of the most impressive move sets in the game. I got gitty when I read Seth Rollins.
The Shield in general are said to have the best all-around moveset and it kind of shows in the gameplay that's been shown. Razor Ramon also has a great moveset(I had a blast playing as him in 30YOWM) and so does Ryback(better wrestler in the game than he is in real life ).

Last edited by TheNextNolan22; 10-20-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #83
TX85
Jolly

Title around the waist gestures have existed way before Double Discount and so I only think of wrestling

Old 10-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #84
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

1. IMPACT WRESTLING ‏@IMPACTWRESTLING now
    **** 4 HOUR WARNING **** #BoundForGlory live on PPV!
    Expand

</div>
  2. Gabe Sapolsky ‏@BookItGabe now @IMPACTWRESTLING thanks for “warning” us since your tv show and past ppv efforts haven’t “warned” us enough

</div>
Sometimes, Gabe really does know what he's talking about. #PIPEBOMB

Old 10-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #85
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Had this thought earlier: The Undertaker's legacy is not the Streak. The Streak is just a a part of his gimmick, one that will cold once Undertaker retires and doesn't make appearances to defend it. It's one of the reasons why I believe it should be broken, in Taker's last match at Wrestlemania.

The Undertaker's legacy is that he's WWE's greatest creation. The longevity of his gimmick is amazing. Something that should be outdated still feels fresh thanks to his dedication and constant evolving. He's lasted 20 years and several eras, yet continues to be relevant. His mystique and importance hasn't diminished. His in-ring ability actually improved as he got older which is the normally the opposite for many. When wrestling moved towards a more in-ring focused product, he stepped up and adapted. He didn't just rest on his gimmick carrying him (no-selling, zombie situps). Granted nowadays he can't move like used to do age, but he gives his all in his appearances. IMO this year, he put both the Rock and Triple H to shame.

That's the Undertaker's legacy to me, not the Streak.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #86
TX85
Jolly

Thumbs up Re: A Sasquatch-like being has gotten through the perimeter of the Wrestling Thread

Yeah I can agree with that

Old 10-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #87
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

All the more reason why Taker will always be my favorite wrestler of all time. The greatest gimmick possibly ever.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #88
TX85
Jolly

Can't wait for after Taker retires and there's a DVD about his life&career and hopefully he's interviewed as himself

Old 10-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #89
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

If Taker were to lose, who would you suggest be the one to beat him?

Old 10-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #90
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

HHH and HBK were already established stars so it was obvious they weren't going to win. If anybody had the chance to do it, it would've been Punk.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #91
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Who else even is a possibility at this point? Lesnar? Bryan? (dont know if thats possible now with his title storyline)

Old 10-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #92
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Someone that could really use it and but actually been built up well, but isn't already a big star so Lesnar would be out of the question. I guess Bryan, but he is already in a major program.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #93
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Can't wait for after Taker retires and there's a DVD about his life&career and hopefully he's interviewed as himself
Same here. I just finished Triple H's new DVD and Taker was on there speaking candidly about some things happening backstage, and there were some clips backstage with him being out of character that in the past you would never see. It'd be great to get his real opinion on his career and the events that took place during it.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #94
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

have they shown Goldberg's full entrance and finisher vid yet?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #95
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
have they shown Goldberg's full entrance and finisher vid yet?
No, but I've seen both.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #96
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
No, but I've seen both.
do they actually do the full entrance with Goldberg coming out of the locker room all bad ass like?

does the jackhammer look the same as prior years?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #97
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

His entrance does start off in the locker room. No building security, but still really bad ass and the Jackhammer looks similar to the Vertical Suplex Slam from last year's DLC moves pack.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #98
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
  1. IMPACT WRESTLING ‏@IMPACTWRESTLING now
    **** 4 HOUR WARNING **** #BoundForGlory live on PPV!
    Expand

</div>
  2. Gabe Sapolsky ‏@BookItGabe now @IMPACTWRESTLING thanks for “warning” us since your tv show and past ppv efforts haven’t “warned” us enough

</div>
Sometimes, Gabe really does know what he's talking about. #PIPEBOMB
This will be a pass for me tonight.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #99
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I played as Goldberg against some of the 2k guys yesterday and yes it has his full entrance - not sure what the Jackhammer looked like in previous years

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 10-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #100
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
His entrance does start off in the locker room. No building security, but still really bad ass and the Jackhammer looks similar to the Vertical Suplex Slam from last year's DLC moves pack.
cool! thanks!

can't wait to see it myself.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread