The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: What should be the next step after Batman vs. Superman?
Justice League movie 15 34.88%
Individual character movies 13 30.23%
Trinity movie 15 34.88%
Other - Please comment 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #26
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: Where would you like for Batman vs. Superman to lead us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I would prefer that BvsS leads into a Justice League movie and then the JL movie expands into solo films
yeah but I prefer a Flash or Flash/green lantern if they could and a WONDER WOMAN solo film.. but that option you've said I think is the more viable

Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #27
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Yeah but you have to justify the presence of Supes and Batman to not be there..
The film could just take place primarily on Themyscira and Atlantis, two magical, not to mention sovereign, realms upon which Superman can be requested to not interfere with.

But personally, I'd rather see Themyscira Vs Atlantis as the basis of the Justice League film.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #28
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Just to a wider DCCU. JL, as a matter of fact.

It is so damn cool knowing that the Alanteans, Amazons, Thanagarians, Green Lanterns, etc. are out there somewhere in the world and universe during MOS.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #29
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
The film could just take place primarily on Themyscira and Atlantis, two magical, not to mention sovereign, realms upon which Superman can be requested to not interfere with.

But personally, I'd rather see Themyscira Vs Atlantis as the basis of the Justice League film.
could be awesome

Old 10-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #30
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Atlantis vs. Themyscira would be awesome, but what side would the League be on? I mean, it's either Wonder Woman or Aquaman. The problem is that they're both members of the JL. Or maybe the JL is on neither's side, but then that means that WW or Aquaman isn't in the League. Unless they come together in the end to fight a bigger threat, or something.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Atlantis vs. Themyscira would be awesome, but what side would the League be on? I mean, it's either Wonder Woman or Aquaman. The problem is that they're both members of the JL. Or maybe the JL is on neither's side, but then that means that WW or Aquaman isn't in the League. Unless they come together in the end to fight a bigger threat, or something.
The way that I would write it is with the movie opening with the war between the two. Once we have the top "movie moment" between Wonder Woman and Aquaman, they would find out that Ares is the real threat. This would probably be around 90 pages in, so that would leave close to half an hour of teamwork between the two factions.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Trinity
Then Trinity plus GL
Then Trinity plus GL and Flash
Then Trinity plus GL, Flash, and Aquaman
Then Trinity plus GL, Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #33
smallville fan
Hero

Batman vs. Superman should be left on a note which could lead to a JL. Then afterwards do a Flash or Aquaman or Green Lantern reboot(either one of those three is fine) as well as a solo Wonder Woman movie which has Diana meeting Bruce and Clark at the end of the movie, then go for Justice League.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #34
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
The way that I would write it is with the movie opening with the war between the two. Once we have the top "movie moment" between Wonder Woman and Aquaman, they would find out that Ares is the real threat. This would probably be around 90 pages in, so that would leave close to half an hour of teamwork between the two factions.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #35
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

The team-up options are leading the poll decisively. Maybe Warner Brothers is making the right call.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #36
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

well in a perfect world we'd get solos for everyone, but I could see them just going to Justice League in 2017 with potential solos afterwards, if the JL movie is super successful.

or maybe Trinity in 2017, JL in 2019 (Flash/GL), JL2 in 2021(Aquaman/MMH), etc. Only team ups to minimize risk.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #37
Loki882
Side-Kick

A solo WW movie and a Trinity film. As for a WW vs. Aquaman movie, the problem is that there's no way that Batman, Superman, or both wouldn't intervene whether they had permission or not. The stakes are too high.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #38
roach
I am the night

Team ups won't minimize risks...it increases them. If a GL/Flash movie flops that's two characters that are affected.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #39
Loki882
Side-Kick

Not really, team ups increase the potential for profit. Batman vs. Superman could be the most godawful POS in film history and it still would make huge sums of money because it has Batman AND Superman in it.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #40
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
A solo WW movie and a Trinity film. As for a WW vs. Aquaman movie, the problem is that there's no way that Batman, Superman, or both wouldn't intervene whether they had permission or not. The stakes are too high.
That was my point

Old 10-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #41
Loki882
Side-Kick

I was responding directly to you. I was pointing out the inherent flaw in that story, I was speaking generally.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #42
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Not really, team ups increase the potential for profit. Batman vs. Superman could be the most godawful POS in film history and it still would make huge sums of money because it has Batman AND Superman in it.
There's a difference between Batman and Superman being in a movie than Green Lantern and Flash. The level of excitement isn't going to translate to every character.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #43
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
That was my point
This is the problem with the Marvel sequels....IM2 had too much...IM3 had too little. I think Thor 2 will get away with it by being set in Asgard and Cap 2 remains to be seen.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #44
Loki882
Side-Kick

The problem with IM 3, well one of them anyway, was that Marvel overreacted to the complaints about IM 2. People complaining that there was too much SHIELD in IM 2 does not mean that you have NO SHIELD presence in IM 3, especially when the threat of the Mandarin would be something that SHIELD would get involved in (they were very interested in the Ten Rings group in IM 1). They tried to address a criticism and went too far the other way.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #45
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

To go back to Marvel's history, they made Iron Man, Thor and (pretty much) Captain America work. It's unreal.

Ten years ago, the Flash could have dominated them all. Today, the Flash would have to jump into an oversaturated market and ironically follow a copycat. He still has a window, but it's a shame that it's close to closing.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #46
roach
I am the night

Quote:
The problem with IM 3, well one of them anyway, was that Marvel overreacted to the complaints about IM 2. People complaining that there was too much SHIELD in IM 2 does not mean that you have NO SHIELD presence in IM 3, especially when the threat of the Mandarin would be something that SHIELD would get involved in (they were very interested in the Ten Rings group in IM 1). They tried to address a criticism and went too far the other way.
Agreed.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #47
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
To go back to Marvel's history, they made Iron Man, Thor and (pretty much) Captain America work. It's unreal.

Ten years ago, the Flash could have dominated them all. Today, the Flash would have to jump into an oversaturated market and ironically follow a copycat. He still has a window, but it's a shame that it's close to closing.
I don't think it's closing. Just because someone does a similar character doesn't mean someone can't do it better....look at mythology movies and the differences between Clash of the Titans and Immortals, Armageddon and Deep Impact, Snow White and the Huntsman and Mirror, Mirror.

I like Quicksilver but the Flash is on another level. He has an iconic costume...had a tv show...is getting a tv show and I suspect a solo movie.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #48
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Voted Justice League. Since they're veering from the Marvel model, the 'tried and tested' model, why not go all the way? At this point JL as the third (new) DCU movie seems to make total sense. MoS -- the first superhero comes forward. BvS -- Superman and Batman forming the first team up. JL -- it's official!

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:04 PM   #49
roach
I am the night

Agreed use JL to hype up the others...think about how big a hulk movie would have been after Avengers

Old 10-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #50
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Agreed use JL to hype up the others...think about how big a hulk movie would have been after Avengers
Yeah, the solo Wonder Woman, Flash and (rebooted) Green Lantern movies would receive a similar post-TA push that IM2 got.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote