The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: What should be the next step after Batman vs. Superman?
Justice League movie 15 34.88%
Individual character movies 13 30.23%
Trinity movie 15 34.88%
Other - Please comment 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #51
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Default Re: Where would you like for Batman vs. Superman to lead us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I don't think it's closing. Just because someone does a similar character doesn't mean someone can't do it better....look at mythology movies and the differences between Clash of the Titans and Immortals, Armageddon and Deep Impact, Snow White and the Huntsman and Mirror, Mirror.

I like Quicksilver but the Flash is on another level. He has an iconic costume...had a tv show...is getting a tv show and I suspect a solo movie.
The Flash should be on another level, but what I'm not happy about is WB camping on the property. Putting him on television means they aren't comfortable putting the Flash in a movie. Wonder Woman is a perfect example of the same curse.

Green Arrow had enough momentum for Supermax after Smallville finished, yet WB didn't share the faith. As great of a show that I think that "Arrow" is, a movie in the same spirit would have been better. It's a way for them to make a Batman movie without the general audience being burnt out on the character.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #52
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
The Flash should be on another level, but what I'm not happy about is WB camping on the property. Putting him on television means they aren't comfortable putting the Flash in a movie. Wonder Woman is a perfect example of the same curse.

WB already said that their TV and movie plans are separate. The show runners on Green Arrow and the Flash show are the ones making the Flash movie.

Green Arrow had enough momentum for Supermax after Smallville finished, yet WB didn't share the faith. As great of a show that I think that "Arrow" is, a movie in the same spirit would have been better. It's a way for them to make a Batman movie without the general audience being burnt out on the character.
Looked up Supermax...nothing saying they can't do it since it was written by Goyer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...s-works-595486

For his part, Berlanti is also developing a Flash movie for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, with sources telling THR that the feature is being eyed for 2016. Pedowitz also noted that there is no conflict with the movie studio or DC when it comes to the TV series and feature film, as previous efforts have proven troublesome when there's such an overlap.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan

Last edited by roach; 10-20-2013 at 10:22 PM.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #53
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Looked up Supermax...nothing saying they can't do it since it was written by Goyer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...s-works-595486

For his part, Berlanti is also developing a Flash movie for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, with sources telling THR that the feature is being eyed for 2016. Pedowitz also noted that there is no conflict with the movie studio or DC when it comes to the TV series and feature film, as previous efforts have proven troublesome when there's such an overlap.
Supermax hit a wall a few years ago. It isn't being shopped out right now.

I had heard about the Flash rumor, but it did strike right before the Arrow announcement, so it's hard to distinguish which direction Warners is going. The only time that I can think of the right of a DC character being used separately for television and feature film is with Superman. A good example of the rest would be the Green Arrow being substituted into Smallville in place of Batman.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #54
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would prefer that BvsS leads into a Justice League movie and then the JL movie expands into solo films
Agreed. I would love it to be a JL trilogy - 1. MOS, 2. BvS, 3. JL

Then go do your solos.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #55
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Ten years ago, the Flash could have dominated them all. Today, the Flash would have to jump into an oversaturated market and ironically follow a copycat. He still has a window, but it's a shame that it's close to closing.
One way for a Flash movie to not get lost in the mix would be to not water anything down from the source material. Keep what makes Flash special, as not to fall into generic superhero territory. I think it could work.

Cheesy Barry Allen, The Rogues, talking Gorillas, Time travel. Include all of it.

I still wouldn't count on getting a Flash movie before the Justice League though.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-21-2013 at 01:08 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #56
Morbius
Living Vampire

No matter what happens - people will still call a JLA movie a carbon copy of The Avengers. 'Look, it's arrow guy, wasn't he in that Avenger movie?'

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #57
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
No matter what happens - people will still call a JLA movie a carbon copy of The Avengers. 'Look, it's arrow guy, wasn't he in that Avenger movie?'
Those are the same people who would suggest Bruce Wayne is a Tony Stark rip off.

Tony Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #58
D.P.
Banned User

I voted Trinity just as a way to ease the general audience into the larger more fantastical JL movie.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #59
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm still secretly hoping that BvsS is a Trinity movie.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #60
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
I'll agree that whenever an assemblage of superheroes occur to achieve a common goal of saving the day, then yes, JL comparisons will be drawn as well as the fact that DC's answer to Avengers is no doubt Justice League and comparisons would be drawn. However, it's all about how it's presented in which this can separate itself. What it could do is follow Man of Steel's as well as to an extent, the Dark Knight trilogy's lead into making itself delve into other genres while still effectively still retaining some classic comic book elements just like Avengers. Man of Steel utilised a good amount of sci-fi elements as well as the Dark Knight Trilogy utilising some crime drama elements.

That is how you separate itself from the Avengers and prevent it from being a carbon copy, you draw in other genres.

As well as that, come up with a decent original story which can effectively pay homage to the comic books.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #61
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I'll agree that whenever an assemblage of superheroes occur to achieve a common goal of saving the day, then yes, JL comparisons will be drawn as well as the fact that DC's answer to Avengers is no doubt Justice League and comparisons would be drawn. However, it's all about how it's presented in which this can separate itself. What it could do is follow Man of Steel's as well as to an extent, the Dark Knight trilogy's lead into making itself delve into other genres while still effectively still retaining some classic comic book elements just like Avengers. Man of Steel utilised a good amount of sci-fi elements as well as the Dark Knight Trilogy utilising some crime drama elements.

That is how you separate itself from the Avengers and prevent it from being a carbon copy, you draw in other genres.

As well as that, come up with a decent original story which can effectively pay homage to the comic books.

Ah, but what genre? The all star cast disaster film, which has multiple character arcs and point of views in dealing with said disaster (THE TOWERING INFERNO, THE POSIEDEN ADVENTURE, 2012 ect.), or the international intrigue thriller, with people working across continents to stop some terrible act (I'm drawing a blank as to titles ), or a cross cultural drama with sociological overtones (BABEL, CRASH)?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #62
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ah, but what genre? The all star cast disaster film, which has multiple character arcs and point of views in dealing with said disaster (THE TOWERING INFERNO, THE POSIEDEN ADVENTURE, 2012 ect.), or the international intrigue thriller, with people working across continents to stop some terrible act (I'm drawing a blank as to titles ), or a cross cultural drama with sociological overtones (BABEL, CRASH)?
That there is the million dollar question.

It depends on different factors. The villain coming in would play the biggest part in determining where it's headed I guess. If it's say Brainiac or Darkseid or Starro, then I'd say a out of this world sci-fi flick with sci-fi plot devices with superheroes just like Man of Steel, where they have the potential to go to other planets and showcase different worlds. Remember how Krypton looked visually when Jor-El was riding his dragon and it felt like you were watching Avatar and it felt very much like "sci-fi escapism" like then? Imagine that stuff applied to say a world like Apokolips or New Genesis and that the JL has to travel there at one point. That's something they could do which could set themselves apart from the Avengers, they could travel to other worlds(while still also bringing it all back to Earth in the end). With having a guy like Zach Snyder, visual effects and escapism isn't an issue.

If say this is the film where they first bring in Wonder Woman and is centric to Wonder Woman and the antagonist is fantasy-based then(say Hades/Ares or some god) then you introduce Fantasy-based plot devices and delve into magic and other Supernatural things.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #63
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Why would Green Arrow have to be used in Justice League? Superma, Batman and Wonder Woman alone give the team a different identity

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #64
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Becquse green arrow is growing in popularity so they should try and promote him to a list if they can.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #65
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
One way for a Flash movie to not get lost in the mix would be to not water anything down from the source material. Keep what makes Flash special, as not to fall into generic superhero territory. I think it could work.

Cheesy Barry Allen, The Rogues, talking Gorillas, Time travel. Include all of it.

I still wouldn't count on getting a Flash movie before the Justice League though.
I agree. I would save Grod for later on in the series, but showing Barry Allen and all of the Flash's abilities will really help make a movie good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Becquse green arrow is growing in popularity so they should try and promote him to a list if they can.
I really want to see the Green Arrow included. Even though he shares some similarities with Batman, I think that there's enough to differentiate them.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #66
Lord
All Mighty

Leave Green Arrow to one of the sequels, focus on the big 5 for now.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Trinity
Then Trinity plus GL
Then Trinity plus GL and Flash
Then Trinity plus GL, Flash, and Aquaman
Then Trinity plus GL, Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg
Wrong order. For each film to step into a bigger scale than the previous, it should go like this:

Trinity
Then Trinity plus Flash
Then Trinity plus Flash and GL
Then Trinity plus Flash, GL and Aquaman
Then Trinity plus Flash, GL, Aquaman, and Hawkman

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #68
Mgneto
Side-Kick

Supes/Batman with a Wonder Woman introduction at the end, then Trinity film with the JL introduction at the end. I'd like to see it gradually built- maybe an extra Supes or Batman standalone film thrown in as well.

Mgneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #69
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
Wrong order. For each film to step into a bigger scale than the previous, it should go like this:

Trinity
Then Trinity plus Flash
Then Trinity plus Flash and GL
Then Trinity plus Flash, GL and Aquaman
Then Trinity plus Flash, GL, Aquaman, and Hawkman
not a fan of this model
at what point do you drop the trinity name and just call it Justice League

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #70
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
not a fan of this model
You prefer Cyborg?

Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #71
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that arguing that JL would be seen as a "ripoff" of Avengers is giving the audience far too little credit. Even if it was true (which I don't believe) if it's good and different enough, then the GA wouldn't care.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #72
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
You prefer Cyborg?
no it's not that. It's the minute you introduce a fourth hero Trinity means nothing. WB wants to make a JL movie so instead of calling it Trinity with these other guys call it JL.

But then I think WB is gonna have a Flash solo movie after BvsS and then a JL movie

Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #73
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I think that arguing that JL would be seen as a "ripoff" of Avengers is giving the audience far too little credit. Even if it was true (which I don't believe) if it's good and different enough, then the GA wouldn't care.
Hollywood copying itself is a time honored tradition.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #74
Loki882
Side-Kick

And it often works. Personally, if we just get one JL film, then I want to see Darkseid as the villain. He's the perfect JL villain.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #75
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
no it's not that. It's the minute you introduce a fourth hero Trinity means nothing. WB wants to make a JL movie so instead of calling it Trinity with these other guys call it JL.
I just changed the order in which the heroes should be introduced. Don't blame me, but the other poster