The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default Who'd love to see them do Disney Afternoon, Gargoyles and Incredibles comics?

Since marvel is owned by the same company, why not? i mean Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Gummi Bears, Ducktales, Aladdin etc. could use a comeback and could continue where they all left off with Boom.

Hell The Incredibles could also use new adventures as well.

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #2
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Who'd love to see them do Disney Afternoon, Gargoyles and Incredibles comics?

I'd read another Gargoyles series from Marvel. They did a couple of comics back when the show first came out, which weren't all that great. Then Greg Weisman himself did a few comics with a different publisher a few years ago continuing the story past The Goliath Chronicles, but that sort of petered out. If they could rope Weisman in and actually get him to keep doing the comics on a schedule, I'd be all over that.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Who'd love to see them do Disney Afternoon, Gargoyles and Incredibles comics?

I think before Marvel launches a Disney Afternoon line, I think they should first revive Disney's long standing classic comics.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Who'd love to see them do Disney Afternoon, Gargoyles and Incredibles comics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I'd read another Gargoyles series from Marvel. They did a couple of comics back when the show first came out, which weren't all that great. Then Greg Weisman himself did a few comics with a different publisher a few years ago continuing the story past The Goliath Chronicles, but that sort of petered out. If they could rope Weisman in and actually get him to keep doing the comics on a schedule, I'd be all over that.
The SLAVE LABOR GRAPHICS "Gargoyles" comics were written by Greg Weisman while he was doing full story editor/co-producer duties on "SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN". He was able to co-write a "YOUNG JUSTICE" tie-in comic while doing similar duties on the cartoon itself. Considering Weisman is already working for Disney with their "STAR WARS REBELS" cartoon, it wouldn't be hard to involve him in an official "Gargoyles" comic again should Disney be so inclined. Lately, though, they seem to be using Marvel to publish comics based on their rides.

FYI, only the SLG comics are canon with "Gargoyles", which take place after the "HUNTER'S MOON" season 2 finale. "THE GOLIATH CHRONICLES" is not considered canon because it was handled by a different creative team, and thus was crap. The 90's Marvel comics were also not canon.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh, right, The Goliath Chronicles was written out. I forgot about that. It still bugs me that the Bad Guys mini from SLG just stopped without ever actually ending.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
The SLAVE LABOR GRAPHICS "Gargoyles" comics were written by Greg Weisman while he was doing full story editor/co-producer duties on "SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN". He was able to co-write a "YOUNG JUSTICE" tie-in comic while doing similar duties on the cartoon itself. Considering Weisman is already working for Disney with their "STAR WARS REBELS" cartoon, it wouldn't be hard to involve him in an official "Gargoyles" comic again should Disney be so inclined. Lately, though, they seem to be using Marvel to publish comics based on their rides.

FYI, only the SLG comics are canon with "Gargoyles", which take place after the "HUNTER'S MOON" season 2 finale. "THE GOLIATH CHRONICLES" is not considered canon because it was handled by a different creative team, and thus was crap. The 90's Marvel comics were also not canon.
Wisemen is on Rebels? Well, now I'm really excited.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Indeed and sounds nice, now he should do Indiana Jones the animated show.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #8
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

I'd be interested in a Gargoyles title that started from scratch and wasn't drawn to look like a cartoon. Like if someone like Deodato or Epting did realistic, dark pencils. Maybe take a similar approach as the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I friggin loved Gargoyles
surprised there's no talk of a movie for it, though I guess it would only interest a fairly narrow demographic

And you gave me a great idea there jh, so doing a goliath drawing now

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #10
OutcryX
Side-Kick

I really loved the addition of Angela and the revelation of different Gargoyle clans. i would have liked to see the home clan grow even more. and DeMona finally turn good. I also love the gargoyle/human hybrids and the evil gargoyle clones. They should bring that show back like Reboot is getting..uh..rebooted..

MARVEL COMICS
White-washing the X-Men one minority at a time

-Manic
OutcryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Yeah, all the avalon stuff was great, and I loved the British Gargoyles, Griff was the man (er.. um.. gargoyle)

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #12
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Who'd love to see them do Disney Afternoon, Gargoyles and Incredibles comics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
Wisemen is on Rebels? Well, now I'm really excited.
Yes, Greg Weisman is one of the executive producers of the show. A part of me wonders if the fact that he was able to juggle a lot of franchise characters as well as a ton of alien characters and races in the second season of "Young Justice" helped convince Disney to hire him for the job.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I've heard good stuff about the recent Darkwing Duck series, but never read it.

I'd like something like "Disney Comics Presents..." and have each issue feature two or more stories about different properties.

Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #14
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Yup that would be awesome to continue from Boom left off.

Wouldn't Incredibles be great too? see the further adventures of the Parrs fighting other villains and all that.

And who'd love to see an Spider-Man/Gargoyles one shot crossover comic or graphic novel? i would, i mean it would be like a crossover made in heaven. Maybe even an Incredibles/X-Men crossover one shot comic or graphic novel.