The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #951
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
Perfect the script? no

Improve some aspects of the script? yea

You don't think a well established individual in the business is going to have no input? That seems more baseless then assuming he will have have some say in something
Totally with you man

Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #952
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Ok people, ENOUGH of the whole "Superman will be humiliated by Batman" schtick, it's long since gotten REALLY old. We have ZERO evidence that that will happen, ZERO evidence. TDKR quotes were simply to tease that SOME kind of confrontation would happen at SOME point in the movie, nothing more. Lennix even went out of his way to say that they WERE NOT adapting TDKR, merely taking some pieces from it. Honestly, the level of paranoia here is staggering. Snyder spent like 4 years working on MOS and is spending 3 more working on this movie. Do you really think that he'd spend all that time and effort just to make Superman look like a punk in his own movie, because I don't?
Yeah even the production said TDKR won't be base for MOS2.. So I don't see why because a line to introduce batman they're thinking that the novel will be on the movie

Last edited by John-An; 10-31-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #953
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
If there's two things to be optimistic about, it's that:

1) Batman fans should get a great Batman, because Goyer has a lot of experience with Batman. He won't be saying that "Bruce Wayne is the hardest character he has ever written", because he gets Bruce Wayne and gets Batman pretty well. One he deviates from the source material, like in dark knight rises, he makes Batman a more interesting character, for example by having him retire for 8 years after the events of TDK.

2) Zach Snyder was involved with the story design from the get go, he's not being handed the story or a locked script, he's helping build it, so he's more emotionally and intellectually invested and will have a greater capacity to add additional layers in the directing process, since he should understand the story better.

But I wouldn't count on Ben Affleck refurbishing the dialogue unless it's officially stated or comes from a credible source.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #954
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Exactly.

It's really only wishful thinking at this point, assuming one has a problem with Goyer handling it himself. And if Affleck uses some ninja writing skills on the script, how would we ever know and at that point what's the point of thinking that he did?
Good point

Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #955
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Batman Begins is my favorite Batman film and that's arguably the one that includes the most Goyerism's in the Nolan trilogy so I'm not too worried about how he handles Batman personally.

That does worry me about Superman though. I really hope his arc isn't truncated or somewhat humiliated by Batman. If you truly think about it that line that they used at Comic-Con from TDKR isn't flattering at all to Superman and that's not even bringing up that some Superman fans see TDKR (returns) as one of the biggest disservice to Superman in the comic medium.

Here's hoping they're both treated well.
Well we have the director to do that and Goyer also respected pretty good Superman on MOS...
The deal is placing both in the movie

Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #956
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Good point
I guess the only purpose I see behind wishing that Affleck is doing some writing would be to give him credit for the good parts and bash Goyer for the bad...

Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #957
JDklip
Side-Kick

Quote:
what happened, according to you? A great movie..on of the best of the cmb genre and sci-fi NO MATTER WHO IT HURTS.. ONE OF THE BEST SUPERHERO ORIGINS cause that was the movie the origin of superman, not a superman established that born with sense of everything, HE HAD TO LEARNED IT ALL.. But I guess many people can't see or accept that :/ A great first step to the new DCU... that's what we've got a GREAT MOVIE.. Nolan helped Goyer with the story and supervised the production... I guess some "movies" and some "impartial critics" clouded some people perspective and expectations, and of course tastes but If many of people expected some comedy at his sight of "greatness" then this clearly wasn't the movie that had that
I don't know which movie did you see? many people who claim to saw the movie are those who were lead by the "impartial critics" and the haters and clearly has no other vision on this movie than the opinion of others ( some of them WRONG) cause all of their arguments are nosense and pretty simple actually that didn't describe THE TRUE QUALITY OF THE MOVIE which of course was not perfect but( no one is) but it was pretty great
It sounds like you loved MOS - which is great. I'm not trying to bring the movie down for you - it's all subjective anyway.

I have now followed 2 Superman movies from beginning to end and all I'm commenting on is the pattern I've seen crop up each time, which has been "Critically Acclaimed Person X is involved with Superman and they would never allow a mediocre film to be released. So they'll have a hand in everything...yada, yada, yada." It happened with Bryan Singer, it happened with Chris Nolan, and now it looks like it's happening with Ben Affleck.

It just seems to be getting more desperate each time. For someone like you, who loved MOS, why would Ben Affleck having a hand in the script matter? You have the same creative team who did MOS in place. Unless you felt MOS was lacking, in some way. In which case, even though it's common place for stars to have a say in how their characters are handled and maybe even give some ad libs that get into the final film, they are not sitting down with the writer to go over story structure or characterization or dramatization, etc. They're offering insights, nuggets that are ways to help them into the character.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #958
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

He's not Henry Cavill... HE'S SUPERMAN

Last edited by John-An; 10-31-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #959
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDklip View Post
It sounds like you loved MOS - which is great. I'm not trying to bring the movie down for you - it's all subjective anyway.

I have now followed 2 Superman movies from beginning to end and all I'm commenting on is the pattern I've seen crop up each time, which has been "Critically Acclaimed Person X is involved with Superman and they would never allow a mediocre film to be released. So they'll have a hand in everything...yada, yada, yada." It happened with Bryan Singer, it happened with Chris Nolan, and now it looks like it's happening with Ben Affleck.

It just seems to be getting more desperate each time. For someone like you, who loved MOS, why would Ben Affleck having a hand in the script matter? You have the same creative team who did MOS in place. Unless you felt MOS was lacking, in some way. In which case, even though it's common place for stars to have a say in how their characters are handled and maybe even give some ad libs that get into the final film, they are not sitting down with the writer to go over story structure or characterization or dramatization, etc. They're offering insights, nuggets that are ways to help them into the character.
Yeah I loved MOS.. BUT I accept that has its flaws of course and of course Affleck would do a great job checking some things in the new script and improve them to make it better (but the Affleck thing now is only speculation I have to admit).. sorry if your intention wasn´t to bring down the movie but for those who really are they do it with nosense, expecting smth that or was of the last century or another comedy type of movie and clearly this is neither of that cause all movies has flaws but this movie made a realistic focus on the character and has done on Superman a big and great change, refreshing him and putting on the new century at the top with other big comic book movies.. some people just have to deal with it

Last edited by John-An; 10-31-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #960
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The story that I heard is that it was initially supposed to be the Empire vs. the Wookies on the Wookie homeworld. However, Lucas wanted to do the whole "primitive stone-age cultural defeats modern Imperial troops" thing. Since Chewbacca was clearly both a skilled pilot and very good with technology, Lucas decided that the Wookies wouldn't work, they were too advanced. So he changed it. The Wookie battle in Episode III was a nod to his original idea for Jedi.
He changed it too Ewoks because he couldn't afford numerous extras as Wookies. Just creating that many Wookie costumes would've been too much. That's why.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #961
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Oh Oh

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #962
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

WOW

Last edited by John-An; 10-31-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #963
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
I suspect what will happen, as it does in a lot of movies, Ben will make suggestions during filming like "I don't believe Bruce would say this here because .... He would be more likely to say ...." And the director would either agree and try it, or disagree and not use it. This typically how it works , depending on the actor and director involved. In this situation, the Actor usually doesn't get writing credits for this, except maybe in interviews where the director might say that the actor made up a particular line, and they decide to go with that instead of what was written.
All actors do that (at least established ones). Some of the most memorable movie lines are thought up by actors on the fly (especially quippy lines). Some examples "We're gonna need a bigger boat" Han Solo: "I know" and many others.

A lot of actors get involved with their characters and start suggesting things that they feel a character would do or not do and the directors and script writers can either incorporate those suggestions or not - that is their prerogative. That does not mean that the actor will get writing credit, he is just suggesting ways he/she feels the character can be portrayed better.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #964
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:

WOW
Yeah she's insanely attractive. Those eyes

Old 10-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #965
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

This is great he pic of Superman here.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 10-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #966
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:

All I know is our new generation of Superman is here to stay. Awesome pic. Couldn't be happier with Mr.Cavill taking the reigns and running with them..

Old 10-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #967
MrsKent26
Whatever.

He really is great. Love that picture. I love that cape too. It looks so...cuddly. I hope they keep it just like that for this movie.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #968
CharlieS
Side-Kick

The MOS suit is perfect, i hope they'll keep that suit.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #969
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I thought it was confirmed already there will be a new suit? (Though not necessarily a new design).

Old 10-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #970
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I thought it was confirmed already there will be a new suit? (Though not necessarily a new design).
it's a rumor.. nothing official

Old 10-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #971
MrsKent26
Whatever.

I'm actually more worried about the possibility of the suit being changed than I thought. We finally have a great live action Superman suit, IMO, and I hope they just leave it alone.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #972
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

No trunks please.

Some of them fell into Hell
Old 10-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #973
Neonzel
Side-Kick

Maybe it's something small like an on the back of his cape or maybe a belt.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #974
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
hwhat? hwhen?

Old 10-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #975
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
No trunks please.
Oh, brother

*splat*
Closed Thread