The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 10-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Is General Swanwick Martian Manhunter?

Here are the things I saw him on the character to believe should be Martian Manhunter;
Hes not so shocked when superman revealed his x-ray vision or when he was flying, or even when he broke the handcuffs as Hamilton and Hardy were.
Superman could saw him with his X-ray vision but don't want to expose him
Superman told him that he trust him to convince the military that he's not a threat.
He has the black type for MM and could be possible cause MM camufalge himself maybe a new origin on the military?
Here's my theory.. as Wraith on Superman Unchained maybe MM landed on earth after his race was extingued.. The military received and MM serve the U.S. army without not revealing his true identity.
Another posible way is that General Swanwick (he decided to retire himself and leave the charge to Mayor Lane then General Sam Lane) could be moved away by General Sam Lane and then changing his identity as John Jonz and working as a Detective or a Special Force man but that's only a theory..
What's your opinion? Agree or Disagree?
Do you want MM be revealed after BvsS or in JL movie?

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Last edited by John-An; 10-22-2013 at 05:08 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
smallville fan
Hero

Default Re: Is General Swanwick Martian Manhunter?

I liked Swanwick in MOS and I would love it if a plot twist revealed he was the Martian Manhunter.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I can dig it.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Another posible way is that General Swanwick (he decided to retire himself and leave the charge to Mayor Lane then General Sam Lane) could be moved away by General Sam Lane and then changing his identity as John Jonz and working as a Detective or a Special Force man but that's only a theory..

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #5
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I liked Swanwick in MOS and I would love it if a plot twist revealed he was the Martian Manhunter.
Normally I would roll my eyes, but when one thinks about it, MM could go through MANY disguises and aliases trying to "try out" different personas. Also, I liked Harry's performance and his voice is very commanding. I could dig him as the MMM.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
Rorschach2012
$

I'm cool with it. Just because I'm so ready to see MMH, and I like Harry Lennix, and it'd be a fun twist. It was weird that he read that line from TDKR too at Comic Con.

I like the idea because they would've already introduced MMH, and this DC universe desperately needs to be expanded if they plan on doing JL. With MMH already introduced, we can possibly see the likes of Aquaman and a new GL

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
Lord
All Mighty

Sounds like a good idea. Unless they wanted to go the JL cartoon route which had him being in the government's custody for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Actually this kinda makes sense! Normally would think it's a bit far fetched but I really liked Harry Lennix in MoS and would love to see more of him in the next movies..

Man.of.Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

His planet was destroyed by Darkseid thousands of years ago, and he was the sole survivor. He traveled to Earth and hid until he decided to adopt a human persona once humans started to emerge. In the present day, he worked to become a general, in order to prevent another Darkseid invasion.

WinterAssassinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #10
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Thatgwas my suspicion during the movie.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAssassinR View Post
His planet was destroyed by Darkseid thousands of years ago, and he was the sole survivor. He traveled to Earth and hid until he decided to adopt a human persona once humans started to emerge. In the present day, he worked to become a general, in order to prevent another Darkseid invasion.
I like this idea. I also like the idea of him being so into his persona that he loses a sense of identity for a little while, and watching Superman/Batman band together kind of brings that back

Old 10-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #12
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I like this idea. I also like the idea of him being so into his persona that he loses a sense of identity for a little while, and watching Superman/Batman band together kind of brings that back
I see that happening

Old 10-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAssassinR View Post
Great one

Old 10-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #14
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ive been saying this for a long time too. He would be perfect as MM.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #15
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

That is a great idea.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i actually like this suggestion

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #17
smallville fan
Hero

If General Swanwick is Martian Manhunter, I wouldn't mind seeing more exchanges like this between him and Superman :

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Seriously... This is a Great idea! Henry is a awesome actor and would really like this.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #19
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Seriously... This is a Great idea! Henry is a awesome actor and would really like this.
Harry would be awesome for the role (mo cap) with his voice and acting as if he were in disguise mode.. I liked him on MOS

Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #20
Tony Clifton
Side-Kick

Damn!!! this would be awesome. He really fits perfectly. Kinda cool seeing that Man of Steel may in fact DID kinda pave the way for future movies with all of the easter eggs and so on.

Tony Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #21
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Not having him be MM WOULD be EFFING STOOPID

Old 10-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #22
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Clifton View Post
Damn!!! this would be awesome. He really fits perfectly. Kinda cool seeing that Man of Steel may in fact DID kinda pave the way for future movies with all of the easter eggs and so on.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
If General Swanwick is Martian Manhunter, I wouldn't mind seeing more exchanges like this between him and Superman :

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Rewatched the movie the other day... the way Henry says "you wont" is the only piece of bad acting on his part in the movie.

And I HATE the "are you effing stupid" line...He should've just said "are you crazy" or something...anythings better than are you effing stupid

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #24
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Rewatched the movie the other day... the way Henry says "you wont" is the only piece of bad acting on his part in the movie.

And I HATE the "are you effing stupid" line...He should've just said "are you crazy" or something...anythings better than are you effing stupid
If he is indeed the Martian Manhunter, then you could have fun with the different personas J'onn can be, whether it would be a hardass general or quiet detective. This is an example.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post

I didn't see a problem on this line... seemed in line of "never gonna happen" .. I saw henry with its face and his presence pretty good in that scene IMO