The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 10-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #26
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Is General Swanwick Martian Manhunter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
I didn't see a problem on this line... seemed in line of "never gonna happen" .. I saw henry with its face and his presence pretty good in that scene IMO
Yeah i had no problem with the line, just his delivery. His inflection didn't make sense

Anyways, Harry Lennix would really be a perfect choice for MM. And J'onn being a general is still kind of in line with him being Detective John Jones, he's still in keeping on the tabs on the world in a position of authority.

Plus J'onn using John Jones as his earth name is kinda goofy.

Last edited by Rorschach2012; 10-22-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #27
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Nobody's bothered by the question this would raise? If the General is the Martian Manhunter, why didn't he lend a hand during the invasion?

Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #28
Rorschach2012
$

Good point. If the writers want it to work,they'll come up with some excuse for that though.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #29
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

He would be great as Martian the Manhunter. I hope Lennox appears in SvB and has a slightly extended role so an eventual reveal would feel more fleshed out. I do like the idea though.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #30
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Nobody's bothered by the question this would raise? If the General is the Martian Manhunter, why didn't he lend a hand during the invasion?
Because he needed to maintain his persona as the general for the military as they needed him and that this was Kal-El's fight.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:49 AM   #31
D.P.
Banned User

...until Batman exposes him.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #32
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

If one of this movie's themes is about Superman inspiring others to come out of hiding, I think MMH is the perfect guy to represent that -- The guy who's in charge of keeping 'the alien' under control turns out to be an alien himself, scared about what would happen if he revealed himself.

He could have been detective John Jones back in the 1960's, though he later decides to take another identity, among several other identities over the years.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-23-2013 at 01:59 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #33
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Here are the things I saw him on the character to believe should be Martian Manhunter;
He´s not so shocked when superman revealed his x-ray vision or when he was flying, or even when he broke the handcuffs as Hamilton and Hardy were.
Superman could saw him with his X-ray vision but don't want to expose him
Superman told him that he trust him to convince the military that he's not a threat.
He has the black type for MM and could be possible cause MM camufalge himself maybe a new origin on the military?
Here's my theory.. as Wraith on Superman Unchained maybe MM landed on earth after his race was extingued.. The military received and MM serve the U.S. army without not revealing his true identity.
Another posible way is that General Swanwick (he decided to retire himself and leave the charge to Mayor Lane then General Sam Lane) could be moved away by General Sam Lane and then changing his identity as John Jonz and working as a Detective or a Special Force man but that's only a theory..
What's your opinion? Agree or Disagree?
Do you want MM be revealed after BvsS or in JL movie?

no. don't like the idea. they shouldn't derive everything out from MOS. that's lazy. the origin of MM should be told in proper and independent, if they gonna do the movie. btw, we don't even get Flash and WW, who are more popular.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #34
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
My thinking on this issue a few months back is that he may have some amnesia. He is the Martian Manhunter, but he doesn't know what his backstory is, or what he can do.

DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #35
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'd rather have it be that he made the choice to stay hidden (either out of fear of himself, or because he didn't think that humans needed to know that there's actually more aliens living among them), a decision he perhaps later regrets.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #36
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The problem is though, if he was MM all along, why didn't he do anything to help with the invasion? He has more than enough powers to lend an hand and make a difference.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #37
Lobo
skip skip skip

I actually quite like this idea. Lennix is of course well suited to the role of MM. As for why he didn't help? That would be for the writers to answer. Could be he has been living so long as a human he's repressed his Martian self, or maybe Cadmus was aware of him and found a way to suppress his abilities. If they go this route, I'm sure there are a number of ways to do so.

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #38
The Guard
Side-Kick

Seeing as how thus far, Swanwick has been a somewhat useless character, I don't hate it.

And then there's this:

http://ap2hyc.com/wp-content/uploads...tian-MOS-1.jpg

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #39
Lobo
skip skip skip

^I'd never seen that. Thanks for posting it.

Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #40
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

Where is that photo from?

WinterAssassinR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #41
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The problem is though, if he was MM all along, why didn't he do anything to help with the invasion? He has more than enough powers to lend an hand and make a difference.
I said a theory earlier that needed to maintain his military persona as they needed him more on that front. It would also look bad if he just ditches them just like that especially when there's no other General figure to step in.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #42
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAssassinR View Post
Where is that photo from?
from MoS.

A lot of us thought that it may be j'onn.

i half expect hal jordan to have some sort of correspondence with swanwick, giving the 'carrie farris" character, so I'm not totally against the idea, since I'd want jl to have an interplanetary war (with aquaman vs WW playing a factor in the battle of earth) and a martian civil war could be used as the basis of abin sur dying and hal jordan getting the ring. perhas as a pilot, hal jordan accompanies swanwick to mars, and during the conflict, he gets the ring.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #43
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Yeah i had no problem with the line, just his delivery. His inflection didn't make sense

Anyways, Harry Lennix would really be a perfect choice for MM. And J'onn being a general is still kind of in line with him being Detective John Jones, he's still in keeping on the tabs on the world in a position of authority.

Plus J'onn using John Jones as his earth name is kinda goofy.
Again that depends on the perspective you see.. I guess you expecting something more serious or angry.. but I see him being cool..

Yeah could be that new identity General Swanwick to have a military link to the JL.. I agree with you on that

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #44
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
maybe he's under orders on keep his identity in secret and leaving to Superman that plus that he can't much being helpful with Zod's heat vision.. but more important he maybe is scared about what would happen if he revealed himself.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #45
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
If one of this movie's themes is about Superman inspiring others to come out of hiding, I think MMH is the perfect guy to represent that -- The guy who's in charge of keeping 'the alien' under control turns out to be an alien himself, scared about what would happen if he revealed himself.

He could have been detective John Jones back in the 1960's, though he later decides to take another identity, among several other identities over the years.
Yeah and that should explain why he didn't reveal himself during MOS events

Old 10-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #46
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

With him reading the TDKReturns line at CC maybe it's possible. He would fit the role perfectly IMO and it seemed that he wasn't surprised or moved in anyway in the presence of Superman or the other aliens. Actually everyone seemed fine discovering aliens (hostile aliens) in the movie with people going to work as usual, not panicking, evacuating, discussing the ramifications of such knowledge.....LOL

Isearch4dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #47
Isearch4dope
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

That's the underlying reason I believe he was being such an unnecessary d*** to Superman because he was covering his own a**. IMO I think it is a given that aside from Batman....Aquaman, MM (lennix), Wonder Woman and maybe Flash are already present but as you said Superman's presence will push them to come out of hiding. Maybe one or two of them have already met Batman

Isearch4dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #48
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
from MoS.

A lot of us thought that it may be j'onn.

i half expect hal jordan to have some sort of correspondence with swanwick, giving the 'carrie farris" character, so I'm not totally against the idea, since I'd want jl to have an interplanetary war (with aquaman vs WW playing a factor in the battle of earth) and a martian civil war could be used as the basis of abin sur dying and hal jordan getting the ring. perhas as a pilot, hal jordan accompanies swanwick to mars, and during the conflict, he gets the ring.
Great find pal

Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #49
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
no. don't like the idea. they shouldn't derive everything out from MOS. that's lazy. the origin of MM should be told in proper and independent, if they gonna do the movie. btw, we don't even get Flash and WW, who are more popular.
that's because MM doesn't need too much explanation and IMO doesn't need a solo movie to his origins befor JL... so I see pretty much a short way.. and MOS has it

Old 10-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #50
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
My thinking on this issue a few months back is that he may have some amnesia. He is the Martian Manhunter, but he doesn't know what his backstory is, or what he can do.
Could be possible too