The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default MCU ride concepts for Disney parks

Now that the films are huge hits i think it's time the Disney parks especially Disneyworld do some attractions based on the films known as Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Captain America and The Avnegers.

For Thor, i want it to be similar to Splash Mountain/Jurassic Park but indoors where you are on a boat exploring the world of Asgard with the films of Thor especially animatronics abound with some video footage at times and for the climax you are being plunged down while Thor deals with the movie's new villain then you see Odin and the kingdom saying that Thor has won.

For Iron Man, it should be a simulator ride yet as you wait in line you are inside of Stark Industries seeing videos on the history of the industry then you are behind the eyes of Iron Man in the suit taking flight and battling the movie baddies.

For Guardians of the Galaxy, it should be a rollercoaster with Rocket Raccoon as an animatronic who greets you before you enter as you are going fast and into space plus seeing spaceships firing at you with Rocket Raccoon's voice as the guide.

For Captain America, it should be kind of like Toy Story ride/MIB combined where you are in seats complete with a machine gun to fire at bad guys and get points especially at animatronics of Hydra baddies with Captain America battling Red Skull as you have to take down Red.

And finally for The Avengers it should set place before you go as you are inside SHIELD with Nick Fury doing video introductions on what is SHIELD and you go slow then fast as it would be like an indoor rollercoaster with animatronics of the characters especially Hulk who would hurl holographic rocks at you then for the climax it would be a big one when you are entering the leviathan.

Sounds like neat concepts for rides, i should sell it to Disney.

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU ride concepts for Disney parks

Have you ridden the Spiderman ride from Universal? That concept would be perfect for an Avengers ride!

The guests are "trainee Quinjet pilots" and are handed 3D glasses that are their "flight goggles" or something.

The ride begins with them being trained by a CGI Iron Man as you fly around the Helicarrier or Stark Tower or even some undisclosed location at a SHIELD base? In any case, either a distress call or a direct attack by Chitauri/Asgardian monsters/??? forces Iron Man to help defend the base and instructs the guests in the Quinjet cars of different things to "help" in the fight as other Avengers members pop up on the screen at different points fighting either known or unknown enemies.

The same 4-D effects seen in Spiderman could be used like heat, splashing water, etc. The same topsy-turvy simulated motion could be used as well. By the end, riders either "save" or are saved by the Avengers after a climactic battle with Loki or someone similar. Nice little 3D group shot, and boom - off the ride they go.

That'd be the ideal attraction in my book. Right up Disney's alley.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Yes i did ride the Universal Spidey ride and YOUR RIGHT your idea for the Avengers ride sounds better than mine.

Do you like my Guardians, Thor and Captain America ideas?

Now how about having Iron Man just an indoor rollercoaster with animatronics plus some slow stops so you can see the animatronics then go fast especially when dealing with a holographic Mandarin?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
Lord
All Mighty

Jack Kirby has Basically built a perfect sketch for what an Asgard section should be like

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

They should have a Thor roller coaster and Mjilnor is on the front car, so it's like Thor's hammer being thrown. Not the coolest idea but its sounds very theme park-ish.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #6
venom892
Got Lucky

If it were up to me, Marvel would get it's own Disney park and it would be divided by as follows

New York- Here you'll find the Daily Bugle, Baxter Building, X-mansion, Avengers Tower and the Sanctum Sanctorum.

-Inside the Baxter Building would be a Fantiscar Ride where you travel to different dimensions including the Negative Zone.
-The X-mansion would have a Danger Room simulation that would serve as a sort of fun obstacle course where different X-men help you along the way.
-Avengers Tower would have the Stark coaster, the newest technology from Stark Industries as well as a Photo op opportunity where you pose with the Avengers as the newest member of the team. There will also be a shop where you can get an official Avengers membership card.
-Daily Bugle would offer a tour of the Newspaper(of which you can buy a replica of) a souvenir store(Comic book store in disguise) and A spider-man ride similar to the one in Universal.
- Sanctum Sanctorum would have around the clock magic shows. You can tour Stephen Strange's personal space, viewing all the occult collectibles within.

At the end of the New York area would be a Rainbow Bridge, which allows you to transport yourself to Asgard.

I have other ideas, but it's late and I'm tired. I might post the rest tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

I think Marvel's old deal with the Universal Studio is now preventing Disney from developing rides in their own theme parks, at least that's what I heard.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I think Marvel's old deal with the Universal Studio is now preventing Disney from developing rides in their own theme parks, at least that's what I heard.

Just parks east of the Mississippi in the US. Walt Disney World is off limits, but Disney can use Marvel characters in their Anaheim, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai parks.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #9
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Well, I'd think that if Disney was going to do anything Marvel-related in their parks, they'd follow Universal's lead and create a new section to the park, only base it on or at least heavily-influenced by both the MCU and the animated shows that Disney is airing, and make it a little more interactive in nature than just slapping a character's name on a roller-coaster.

Ideally, they could put a bronze statue of the Avengers in the heart of the area bearing the "And There Came A Day..." inscription. Plus there needs to be a Stark Tower, and have some areas of the block damaged by a recent alien invasion and walled off by park security barriers.

As for rides, some ideas I think would be kinda cool:
* A "Star Tours 2"-type Quinjet simulator with about 50 different outcomes
* A Tesseract-powered space-portal funhouse ride a la Indiana Jones with a version of JARVIS (voiced again by Paul Bettany) in control of the vehicle
* An Asgard vs. Jotunheim-based water ride. Not sure why a water ride, I just think it should be with all the weird creatures. Oh, throw a Destroyer in there too just for good measure.
* Some kind of interactive experience for the kiddies with Spidey.

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

hopefully something can be done and incorporated into the California park as well as the global locations.

Also, what happened to plans for a Marvel based park in the UAE area?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #11
ajpro
Side-Kick

Not a theme park, but Marvel should just buy Metlife building and rebuild it into Stark Tower/Avengers HQ. Fill it with stuff from HYDRA and Stark, Asgard and Chitauri/Kree/Skrull, and add SHIELD hall of fame with all their members, agents, friends and foes. I mean, come on, Bank of America Tower of same height and location costed 1 billion dollars, they could easily spent half of Avengers/IM3 box office money and make it happen.

ajpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
If it were up to me, Marvel would get it's own Disney park and it would be divided by as follows

New York- Here you'll find the Daily Bugle, Baxter Building, X-mansion, Avengers Tower and the Sanctum Sanctorum.

-Inside the Baxter Building would be a Fantiscar Ride where you travel to different dimensions including the Negative Zone.
-The X-mansion would have a Danger Room simulation that would serve as a sort of fun obstacle course where different X-men help you along the way.
-Avengers Tower would have the Stark coaster, the newest technology from Stark Industries as well as a Photo op opportunity where you pose with the Avengers as the newest member of the team. There will also be a shop where you can get an official Avengers membership card.
-Daily Bugle would offer a tour of the Newspaper(of which you can buy a replica of) a souvenir store(Comic book store in disguise) and A spider-man ride similar to the one in Universal.
- Sanctum Sanctorum would have around the clock magic shows. You can tour Stephen Strange's personal space, viewing all the occult collectibles within.

At the end of the New York area would be a Rainbow Bridge, which allows you to transport yourself to Asgard.

I have other ideas, but it's late and I'm tired. I might post the rest tomorrow.
This is probably my favorite idea so far. The only thing is it'll probably never happen Disney seems to value Marvel as an owned property, but not enough to build an entire park out of it. I can seem them condensing this into a section of Magic Kingdom or MGM Studios (whatever they're calling that now).

As far as the original poster's ideas, I liked the Guardians idea. The roller coaster could include special effects similar to the Bizarro roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure (fire, spraying water/ice mist, etc.) complete with cutouts of the different characters and voice over playing like you said.

The Captain America ride sounds like it'd be better suited for Iron Man with the point and shoot mechanic. Especially after Ultron comes out in A2 so they'd have lots of mechanical enemies to shoot at (I can't see a Disney ride giving you actual humans like Hydra agents to shoot at... it'd have to be mechanical or mystical enemies).

The Thor ride could be cool, but I'm personally not a fan of boat coasters. To each their own I guess.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Ok just make Captain America the rollercoaster instead of Iron Man and have it switched with Iron Man being a shooter ride, how's that?

Old 09-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #14
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochimus View Post
Well, I'd think that if Disney was going to do anything Marvel-related in their parks, they'd follow Universal's lead and create a new section to the park, only base it on or at least heavily-influenced by both the MCU and the animated shows that Disney is airing, and make it a little more interactive in nature than just slapping a character's name on a roller-coaster.

Ideally, they could put a bronze statue of the Avengers in the heart of the area bearing the "And There Came A Day..." inscription. Plus there needs to be a Stark Tower, and have some areas of the block damaged by a recent alien invasion and walled off by park security barriers.

As for rides, some ideas I think would be kinda cool:
* A "Star Tours 2"-type Quinjet simulator with about 50 different outcomes
* A Tesseract-powered space-portal funhouse ride a la Indiana Jones with a version of JARVIS (voiced again by Paul Bettany) in control of the vehicle
* An Asgard vs. Jotunheim-based water ride. Not sure why a water ride, I just think it should be with all the weird creatures. Oh, throw a Destroyer in there too just for good measure.
* Some kind of interactive experience for the kiddies with Spidey.
I'd like the park, if were to happen to be more 616 than MCU based. Although I can see them going the MCU route.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

I went to California Adventure theme park (which is right across from Disneyland in Anaheim, CA), I think except for Cars Land and maybe A Bug's Life section, the rest of the park is rather meh. If they could have half of the park with Pixar's films as theme and convert the other half into Marvel's, I think it could be awesome.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 09-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Good idea Raiden a Marvel Cinematic Universe section would mean instant smash at California Adventure and there are other attractions besides Pixar stuff like Muppetvision 3D, Tower of Terror, that Rollercoaster etc.

I also want a fun interactive Muppet funhouse attraction complete with animatronic muppets especially of Walter, a couple of more SW rides, an Agents of SHIELD stunt show and a Tron ride.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #17
venom892
Got Lucky

Tron has to be the biggest lost opportunity for an attraction. You'd think a ride based on the light cycles would have been made by now.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah wtf? Tron would be insane! Bring on Daft Punk to do some more of the score and Quorra giving a pre show video in the queue and I'm already there. They could do some awesome 3D effects with just the yes/no bit hovering around.

Last edited by def28; 09-29-2013 at 06:47 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #19
Lord
All Mighty

Disney has Marvel, Star Wars and Indiana Jones now, all these properties offer endless possibilities for rides, or even smaller stuff in the parks like bars, or experiences.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
Evan Drew
Side-Kick

http://micechat.com/40945-marvel-world-d23/

They also debuted the new meet and greet character costumes for Iron Man and Spider-Man that will be premiering in the parks eventually. The characters walked around the stage and provided some visual interest for the audience.

http://micechat.com/43280-halloween-time-food/

Below, Disney’s description of the new Thor meet-and-greet:
Astrophysicist Jane Foster, who established a special relationship with Thor, has been studying the “Bifrost,” a cosmic bridge that allows Thor to travel between the Nine Realms, including Earth. She has determined that the Bifrost is set to open again in Southern California and pinpointed the precise location as Innoventions at Disneyland park. Inside Innoventions, Foster and her team are preparing for the opening of the Bifrost with the installation of Thor: Treasures of Asgard, a collection of objects brought to Earth straight from Asgard. After viewing the exhibit, you’ll be invited to enter a chamber where the Bifrost will transport you to Asgard for an audience with Thor himself!

Evan Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Disney has Marvel, Star Wars and Indiana Jones now, all these properties offer endless possibilities for rides, or even smaller stuff in the parks like bars, or experiences.
Don't forget The Muppets they own them too.

Maybe we can have an Ant-Man 3D show similar to the original Honey i Shrunk the Kids and Captain EO.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #22
Destructus86
Side-Kick

you know what...if Disney did a "marvel land" section I would actually be willing to go back to Disneyland just for that.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
babykhris
Side-Kick

Already hugely popular in Asia, “Iron Man” is to become the newest attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland.

The attraction starts with the progression of Tony Stark’s suit and his other technologies. The anchor of the attraction is the Iron Man Experience, where guests will take flight on an adventure ride that pits Iron Man, and guests, against alien invaders in the streets and skies of Hong Kong.

The new attraction will open in late 2016.

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/iro...nd-1200704910/

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

^ Why can't we have this ride in Disneyland?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Yes, US Disneyland should do this at California Adventure.