The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Rate the first Captain America trailer!
10 75 43.35%
9 58 33.53%
8 25 14.45%
7 10 5.78%
6 4 2.31%
5 0 0%
4 1 0.58%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #126
kguillou
Side-Kick

Default Re: The CA:TWS Teaser Trailer (10/24/13) Thread

That was a great trailer, man. Marvel is showing no signs of slowing down. It almost makes me sad that i know who the winter soldier is from reading the comics because i feel like a lot of non comic readers are going to be very surprised by his true identity.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #127
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Trailer looked excellent. Even though you know damn well it's still a superhero film, it looks credible enough to be the spy thriller/political thriller the Russos have promised all along.

I think Cap's badass points just went up a ****-ton with just this trailer alone, and by the time the movie releases next year, he may well be on his way to surpassing Tony Stark's popularity. (Probably nowhere near his box office, though.) Widow's star definitely got a huge bump as well....she and Falc ain't playin'.

I think by the end of CATWS, the fans are gonna be outright demanding that Cap take full leadership of the Avengers (as he should), that Widow get more screentime and badassery in AoU, and that Falcon and Winter Soldier join the team as well.

My only complaint about the trailer is not glimpsing the stuff they have yet to show, but I know they'll save for the next installments: Crossbones, Sharon Carter, Arnim Zola, and maybe just a hint at a modern-day HYDRA.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #128
Loki882
Side-Kick

We did get a glimpse of Crossbones. He was the one who said that Cap jumped without a parachute at the beginning of the trailer.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #129
regnak
Side-Kick

Fantastic trailer, 10.

regnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #130
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
We did get a glimpse of Crossbones. He was the one who said that Cap jumped without a parachute at the beginning of the trailer.
I don't know why, maybe it's because they both have black spiky hair, but Crossbones, as he's shown in the film reminds me so much of Manu's Slade Wilson from "Arrow".lol

And it doesn't help the fact that the guy that plays Crossbones has said that this film is also like a origin film for Crossbones in terms of how he eventually became the villain that everyone is aware of, with the mask and all from the comics.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #131
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Great trailer, and after all my complaining recently, this actually DOES look like Marvel is doing something different than its usual schtick, which is more than welcome.

This looks more like a Bourne movie with super-heroes in and the political thriller they promised. Glad Marvel is finally doing something that looks a little different as I was starting to get a bit bored of their movies. Just hope the movie lives upto to the trailer, but everything is looking good so far.

Loved seeing the return of the TFA suit as well, wonder how long he will wear it in the movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #132
Loki882
Side-Kick

Probably not until the last act.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #133
TheLastAvenger
Side-Kick

I'm glad that we're starting to get a hint of what Kevin Feige meant when he called this a "political thriller." I like the Civil War vibe I get out of this trailer...

Oh, and 10. Easy 10.

TheLastAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #134
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Great trailer, and after all my complaining recently, this actually DOES look like Marvel is doing something different than its usual schtick, which is more than welcome.

This looks more like a Bourne movie with super-heroes in and the political thriller they promised. Glad Marvel is finally doing something that looks a little different as I was starting to get a bit bored of their movies. Just hope the movie lives upto to the trailer, but everything is looking good so far.

Loved seeing the return of the TFA suit as well, wonder how long he will wear it in the movie.
Me too. I was instantly drawn to that aspect of the trailer.

"Captain, to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down. And that makes enemies."

"We're going to neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen."

"I thought the punishment usually came after the crime."

"This isn't freedom. This is fear."

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #135
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

heh I keep thinking about Sterns saying "THAT, was THE most Amazing thing I've ever seen!"

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #136
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Me too. I was instantly drawn to that aspect of the trailer.

"Captain, to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down. And that makes enemies."

"We're going to neutralize a lot of threats before they even happen."

"I thought the punishment usually came after the crime."

"This isn't freedom. This is fear."
Those lines were superb, and the one moment which totally convinced me this will be a Bourne movie with super heroes in was the elevator fight scene, man that looked amazing. This really is shaping up to be something superb, which is weird considering for me this WAS the Phase 2 movie I was looking forward to the least.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #137
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Those lines were superb, and the one moment which totally convinced me this will be a Bourne movie with super heroes in was the elevator fight scene, man that looked amazing. This really is shaping up to be something superb, which is weird considering for me this WAS the Phase 2 movie I was looking forward to the least.
Yeah, the dialogue sounds great. I thought this was going to be your typical Marvel Studios Cookie-Cutter-Filler. Glad I was wrong. This film has potential. Hopefully it rocks my socks off cuz Marvel Studios' last film (Iron Man 3) was hot garbage, and Thor: TDW looks cheap as hell (other than Asgard's scenes). Ima be latching my full attention onto The Winter Soldier now. That's for damn sure.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #138
xeno000
Raining hell from above

10: Sheer perfection

I couldn't watch this until almost 6 o'clock. Then I replayed it ten times and passed out from the awesomeness.

Seriously, though, it had everything I expected and then some. Whoever edits trailers for Marvel deserves whatever they're being paid because they've done terrific work with all of them, beginning with The Avengers.

Starting the trailer with Steve's swan-dive out of a Quinjet was a brilliant way to establish his badass credentials. That visual was straight out of a comic book, as were so many others. The entire trailer was like a comic book come to life, only in such a completely realistic way that those iconic elements felt absolutely natural. The visual elements combined with the dialogue from Steve, Fury and Pierce established the central conflict of the film and its tone without giving away much of the plot. The way everything meshed was simply perfect.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #139
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Probably not until the last act.
That will do, it will be great to see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Yeah, the dialogue sounds great. I thought this was going to be your typical Marvel Studios Cookie-Cutter-Filler. Glad I was wrong. This film has potential. Hopefully it rocks my socks off cuz Marvel Studios' last film (Iron Man 3) was hot garbage, and Thor: TDW looks cheap as hell (other than Asgard's scenes). Ima be latching my full attention onto The Winter Soldier now. That's for damn sure.
Wow, I literally couldnt agree with everything you posted here, I have been flamed in other threads for complaining that Marvels movies have been too samey so far and that I was getting a bit bored with them, TDW looks to be more of the same. But TWS looks genuinely amazing and FINALLY something different from them, we have real stakes here and its got me excited.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #140
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Is there a direct link to download a 720p version of the trailer yet?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #141
Knightstalker
Boy Wonder

Fantastic looking teaser. Can't wait for this movie!

Knightstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #142
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

I will certainly be paying more attention to the lead up of this film.
The Marvel films have been average for me but I will definitely go see this in theatres.

Rick and Morty
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #143
PWN3R
SHUSH!

Man, this looked good. Groovy political thriller with relevant commentary regarding SHIELD? I'm beyond excited. Falcon is badass, too.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #144
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The action in the trailer looked pretty good, but it didn't really excite me. And I don't like that part at the beginning.

7/10

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #145
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

The more I heard about this movie, the more I felt this would be the strongest Phase 2 film. I look to be correct.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #146
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
EPIC 10! CAP IS BACK!

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #147
Loki882
Side-Kick

Well, I can now see why this was the comic book movie that appealed to Robert "king of the political thrillers" Redford. This is like one of his movies from the 70's/80's, but with more action and colorful costumes.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #148
titansupes
Side-Kick

I'm SOOOO excited for this. I love the 70's political thriller thing they have going, as promised.

Still. Thoughts of Iron Man 3 having a great trailer and promising a 'technological thriller' only to deliver another damn action-comedy keep creeping up on me.

I will be seeing this at the cinema, though. My first visit to these boards, by the way. And I hated the first Cap movie. That alone should prove how good the trailer was. :P

Last edited by titansupes; 10-24-2013 at 10:55 PM.
titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #149
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

I love how coherent this trailer is without feeling like it gives away the whole plot.

A lot of the dialogue in the Iron Man 3 trailers sounded like it was spliced together word by word.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #150
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Woah that was awesome I give it a 9, even better than I expected.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote