The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Default Anyone Else See A Golden Opportunity Here?

We have all seen and read the interviews where fox has stated that they want and are going to attempt to create their own cinematic universe that will (at first) contain both the X-Men and Fantastic Four film franchises. Since the Fantastic Four and more specifically Franklin Richards played a role in the original story arc I find this to be a unique opportunity to plant the seeds of Fox's cinematic universe within this film.

Now I understand that it may be asking a bit much for the film to feature Franklin Richards in the way that the comic did as basically every character from the series will appear. And even then if you are going to introduce characters like Warpath, Blink, and Sunspot and if you are serious about a cinematic universe then why not take the chance to introduce Franklin Richards?

As I mentioned above I with so many mutants in the film already I wouldn't expect the filmmakers to have Franklin play even the small role he had in the comic...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

To be honest a character from the Fantastic Four does not even need a speaking role. There is a powerful scene in the comic which sets the tone the rest of the way and it also features members the Fantastic Four...

What do you guys think? Should Fox take this opportunity to establish it's film universe or should it wait for a later film?

Coolcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Crimz
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anyone Else See A Golden Opportunity Here?

No, I don't like the idea of them together they should be separate franchises. They wouldn't fit together well and the X-Men have LOADS of stories and characters that they don't need the F4. The F4 should stay separate or go to Marvel, no crossovers with X-Men it will feel shoehorned and forced.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I like it as long as X-Men and mutants are still the main focus of the universe. My idea: Jean becomes really Phoenixy and the FFs shuttle flies through the firebird, giving them powers. So they're sort of tied to mutants but aren't naturally born.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

You can connect the universes without actually having to have the characters cross paths. Depending on the status of human/mutant relations following DoFP, you can have the FF either be feared or embraced by the public. You probably wouldn't be able to do Galactus without having to make him believable within the organically real universe they've established, but many of the FF's other adversaries could be adapted and treated as mutants even if they're not explicitly identified as such.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
No, I don't like the idea of them together they should be separate franchises. They wouldn't fit together well and the X-Men have LOADS of stories and characters that they don't need the F4. The F4 should stay separate or go to Marvel, no crossovers with X-Men it will feel shoehorned and forced.
this. all of this.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Um, this would be brilliant strategizing on FOX's part.

Which is exactly why you will never see something like this in one of their CBM films.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I would like to see a X-Men/F4 cross-over film, I think it could be great if done right. But the FF reboot should be successful first.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Antihero
Side-Kick

I want X-Men and Fantastic Four to be separate franchise

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
Genosha
Mutant Island

I hated it when they brought other Marvel characters into the X-Men comics.

I definitely don't want it in the movies.

Genosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antihero View Post
I want X-Men and Fantastic Four to be separate franchise
They would be; they'd just occupy the same fictional universe.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #11
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
The franchises will be separate but they will exist in a shared universe. For example, Thor, Iron Man ,and Captain America all have separate franchises but exist in a shared universe. So when Thanos rolls around they can all pitch in. The plan is for The Fantastic Four and X-Men to have individual franchises in a shared universe so when Galactus OR (Gah Lak Tus) arrives they can work together.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

That could work if done right. And if FOX will concentrate releasing a X-Men film (featuring the OT cast) and a Fantastic Four film every 2 to 3 years, they could build up this crossover film successfully and it would be very easy to follow with just 2 cast.

2014 - X-Men DOFP
2015 - Fantastic Four
2016 - X-Men 5
2017 - Fantastic Four II
2018 - X-Men 6
2019 - Fantastic Four III
2020 - X-Men & Fantastic Four

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #13
Antihero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
They would be; they'd just occupy the same fictional universe.
Then I agree

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #14
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

I wouldn't want to see any Fantastic Four near any X-Men characters before the FF reboot. Tbh I never saw why people hated the original FF so much until I saw a 30 minute spoiler review for the whole movie. Then I realized that in the movie:

- Victor von Doom is one of the only characters who's actions are justified.
- Doom only does a few evil things, but he mostly just takes care of the FF, pays for things or gives them what they want.
- Dooms plan is flawed: he wants the FF out of the way, so all he has to do is: NOTHING. The FF don't even want their powers, so Reed would've made them lose them eventually.
- Doom is a much better scientist than Reed.
- Reed is a horrible scientist. Seriously for a guy that is supposed to be super smart he screws up a lot.
- Reed is a horrible businessman.
- The relationship between Ben and Debbie is mentioned a lot (and seemingly a big deal), but Debbie leaves him directly when she sees him and she is then replaced rather quickly.
- Susan spends the second half of the movie telling people that they have to stop doing whatever they're doing.
- The FF cause a lot of destruction themselves, almost more than Doom.
- Susan was about to marry Victor, then attacks him and later she agrees to marry Reed right after Victor has been killed.
- The final battle was anticlimactic.

So yeah... let's see how they do with the reboot first.

Weather Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #15
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I would like to see a X-Men/F4 cross-over film, I think it could be great if done right. But the FF reboot should be successful first.

I agree. I wouldn't want them going the Batman vs Superman (Terrible Title) route where they reboot a major character in another hero's movie.