The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #301
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: ** TEASER TRAILER Thread - Countdown: Tuesday 29! [First snippet!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
My dad just watched it. And then marked his calendar for opening day.
My boyfriend, who is probably considered the general audience, said it doesn't look like a superhero movie - it looks like a real movie.

I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but I'm going to take it as a good sign.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #302
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Personally this trailer has me much more intrigued than the Thor: TDW trailer or even the new Cap trailer, I just much prefer the serious tone and that it actually breathes a well written story and characters not just action shots and explosions.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #303
Kargo Warrior
Scientist

My main quarrel with the trailer is that it's 02:10 long and yet nothing of the actual plot is even briefed.I don't care about special effects,so having no money shots makes no difference to me.This looked more like a costumed reaction video to The Red Wedding than an actual short piece of storytelling.

What does it tease about?We know nothing of the plot,nothing about the supposed threat,no actual conflict except random shots of people standing with a narration by Patrick Stewart.

It reminded me of the trailer for The Happening...oh there's a threat,oh there's something sinister going on...oh,never mind,you've seen the actors that's all you need to see.

You don't need to spoil the film but you need to at least present a part of the danger,a sample of the consequences...it does nothing of that...it's a trailer more catered to die hard fans of the series who will win points for recognizing the returning characters than anyone interested in watching an intriguing self-sustained teaser.

Last edited by Kargo Warrior; 10-29-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Kargo Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #304
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

The teaser trailer is pretty good. I always been more of an x men fan over captain America, so I am definitely more excited about this.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #305
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargo Warrior View Post
My main quarrel with the trailer is that it's 02:10 long and yet nothing of the actual plot is even briefed.I don't care about special effects,so having no money shots makes no difference to me.This looked more like a costumed reaction video to The Red Wedding than an actual short piece of storytelling.

What does it tease about?We know nothing of the plot,nothing about the supposed threat,no actual conflict except random shots of people standing with a narration by Patrick Stewart.

It reminded me of the trailer for The Happening...oh there's a threat,oh there's something sinister going on...oh,never mind,you've seen the actors that's all you need to see.
Well this is just a teaser trailer. The second trailer will give plot details, but isn't it a good thing the trailer isn't giving the entire plot away? Isn't that like one of the complaints now a days that trailers show to much?

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #306
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Personally this trailer has me much more intrigued than the Thor: TDW trailer or even the new Cap trailer, I just much prefer the serious tone and that it actually breathes a well written story and characters not just action shots and explosions.
Me too. I like the Cap trailer but I was hoping they'd do a better espionage movie, but dialogue like "this isn't freedom" made me roll my eyes.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #307
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I liked it. Don't see what some are so displeased about.
I found it boring, poorly-edited and lacking in the very inspiration the director seems to think it delivers. Hopefully we don't all have to participate in groupthink to share our opinions here.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #308
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

I just lol'd at one of my coworkers. I just posted the trailer to my timeline and he said "it looks awesome, it will make up for X3". This is a guy who feels the Thor 2 trailers suck whereas I'm excited for Thor. People see trailers a difference way, and this one has me excited about whats to come!!!

PoSeiDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #309
Kargo Warrior
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Well this is just a teaser trailer. The second trailer will give plot details, but isn't it a good thing the trailer isn't giving the entire plot away? Isn't that like one of the complaints now a days that trailers show to much?
Of course,like i've said,you don't need to spoil the film but a certain glimpse into things would have made the teaser more effective.

It basically works as a reminder that a new X-Men movie is coming up.If you're aren't already a big fan of the franchise i doubt this would do anything to change your mind.And that's not a what a good teaser does.

I'm not a fan Bryan Singer,he's a boring if competent director,his framing,texture,editing flow leave much to be desired so when the only thing that would excite me about this film,the story,is completely left behind,i have nothing to appreciate about what's presented here.

Kargo Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 AM   #310
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

I think the change in background music kind of negated the impact for me. "Time" was just amazing with the scenes, this sounded more like a ripoff of the song. It was AWESOME to finally see all of this in hq though! Everyone looks incredible! A few things:

-Did anyone else notice that in Blink's first shot, she seems to have a normal skin color, but in her quick last shot, she looks pink/lavender?

-Rogue seems to be wearing a tan outfit in the scene with Mags and Iceman, not her trademark green.

-Bishop and Blink look awesome. Sunspot and Warpath's costume though are a little confusing.

-Mystique's new looks looks WAY better in motion.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:15 AM   #311
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap5ewl View Post
-Did anyone else notice that in Blink's first shot, she seems to have a normal skin color, but in her quick last shot, she looks pink/lavender?
I think she's pink in both, but the yellow glow of the temple dulls it a bit.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #312
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap5ewl View Post
I think the change in background music kind of negated the impact for me. "Time" was just amazing with the scenes, this sounded more like a ripoff of the song. It was AWESOME to finally see all of this in hq though! Everyone looks incredible! A few things:

-Rogue seems to be wearing a tan outfit in the scene with Mags and Iceman, not her trademark green.

-Bishop and Blink look awesome. Sunspot and Warpath's costume though are a little confusing.

-Mystique's new looks looks WAY better in motion.
I think it's just the lighting in the first shot - the temple they are standing in looks pretty dark, while her second shot is right in front of an explosion which brightens the scene up a bit.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #313
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Not everyone will like the trailer, we should just accept everyone has different opinions. There's nothing wrong with not liking it or being underwhelmed, it doesn't make anyone less of a fan. It just means we all react to different triggers.

Blink is looking good. I like her appearance and though she's probably nothing but an extended cameo she gets to fight.

Rogue has a prison jumpsuit on. That's not her suit. It's of similar colour to Magneto's prison outfits.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #314
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargo Warrior View Post

This is an announcement trailer…it lets the GA know that an X-men film is coming. The next trailer will be the story trailer

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #315
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

I dug it. Not a great trailer but good. Set the right tone and let us know we're in for a radically different kind of X-Men movie. No X-suits, no heroic theme, little (but some) humor, etc.

This is what all the earlier films were building up to; the war and Chuck and Erick finally making amends and seeing eye-to-eye.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #316
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/654...re-past-2014-x

Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #317
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Not everyone will like the trailer, we should just accept everyone has different opinions. There's nothing wrong with not liking it or being underwhelmed, it doesn't make anyone less of a fan. It just means we all react to different triggers.

Blink is looking good. I like her appearance and though she's probably nothing but an extended cameo she gets to fight.

Rogue has a prison jumpsuit on. That's not her suit. It's of similar colour to Magneto's prison outfits.
A brilliant spot there,the costumes are very similar! I think that vulture report seems quite accurate after all

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #318
Mars123
Side-Kick

Oh and I'm loving blink a lot! Really wanna we her!

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #319
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
A brilliant spot there,the costumes are very similar! I think that vulture report seems quite accurate after all
Apparently the US Government aren't imaginative with their mutant prisoner jumpsuits

Young Magneto is seen wearing something similar in 1973, and Magneto had similar again in X2. Though Rogue is more covered up which must be down to her powers. But you'd think they'd make all prisoners wear the inhibitor collars.

Yes, I am 99% certain the Vulture spoilers weren't lying. They were right about the rest and everything points towards Rogue being tracked down and brought back for the plan.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #320
Marvin
Side-Kick

hello sentinel lights.

Hoping in the future the bots have a scale upgrade from some of this promotional material I've been seeing.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #321
CB Fan
The Watcher

Watching the trailer I wish they had allowed Rebecca to come back...

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #322
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hoping in the future the bots have a scale upgrade from some of this promotional material I've been seeing.
They're Mark X in 2023 so they will be. I don't think we've seen the Mark X version yet.

Hmm so you think that's Sunspot and Bishop coming out to face Sentinels? Is Bishop carrying a weapon?

The duller scenes would fit with Storm's when she's using her powers. I think a Sentinel massacre is coming. New mutants, Storm and probably Colossus all get killed and Kitty hurt.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #323
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

So; the trailer could have been better... It wasn't bad though, and still got me excited, much thanks to me being such a big X-fanboy.

But it was choppily edited, with overused music and some dialogue/delivery that just didn't click for me.

Though I loved the overall tone, and the brief but cool character shots. Also loved both Jackman's and McAvoy's delivery/presence.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #324
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post

I think plenty of the people who say it was boring are just used to the above banality

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #325
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

mcavoy did act his ass off in that very brief moment, singer is defo pushing the acting on this one

patrick and mcavoy all the way