The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #451
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: ** TEASER TRAILER Thread - Countdown: Tuesday 29! [First snippet!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I thought it was a mediocre trailer. It had way too many shots of mutants (some of whom looked like cosplayers) just standing around. Then there's the fact that it's hinted that something bad is being prevented but we aren't shown what. Couldn't we have had a glimpse of a Sentinel? Normally I wouldn't be so hard on a teaser but this was over two minutes long.

Then there's the fact that it's basically just a reshowing of the Comic Con trailer. Yeah, it was my own fault for spoiling myself by watching it early but that was a while ago. Fox has had plenty of time to put together new footage. I don't know why they didn't since they must have been aware that nerds all over the world had already seen the leaked trailer and wouldn't be impressed with a rehash.

I haven't been wild about any of Singer's X-Men movies and nothing about this teaser convinced me to feel differently bout DOFP. Still hoping it turns out well because I love the FC cast.
Oh great restarting the FC VS OT war

Old 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #452
Super Film
Side-Kick

There's an air of entitlement I'm getting about the fact that the teaser trailer is the same footage from SDCC and that it disappointed some viewers.

None of this is an actual critique of the quality of the footage we've seen and it reeks of entitled spoilsports. I'm all for people not liking the trailer and expressing why that is, but when the why is because they've seen it already from bootlegged footage--you'll forgive me for not letting that be indicative of quality or hype around the trailer. Trailers aren't just for the communities that are plugged into the pulse of this film.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #453
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

I don't get the criticisms though.

*There was no Sentinels (yeah,cause it's a teaser)
*There was no VFX/it was Comic-Con footage (because that's all that they have right now)
*The music!!! (It's a trailer,who cares?)
*The sets look cheap (So you know what a Dystopian future should look like?)
* (My favorite) Not Wolverine again!!!!!

Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #454
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
There's an air of entitlement I'm getting about the fact that the teaser trailer is the same footage from SDCC and that it disappointed some viewers.

None of this is an actual critique of the quality of the footage we've seen and it reeks of entitled spoilsports. I'm all for people not liking the trailer and expressing why that is, but when the why is because they've seen it already from bootlegged footage--you'll forgive me for not letting that be indicative of quality or hype around the trailer. Trailers aren't just for the communities that are plugged into the pulse of this film.
You're right that those who already saw this footage three/four months ago might not be leaping around as much as others.

But some people saw the footage officially at SDCC - and they screened it twice, didn't they? The clip hasn't just been available only as a bootleg.

It does seem a little odd though that there isn't anything new in footage that was first screened at SDCC four months ago. Not even a Sentinel head with the eyes switching on at the end.

I'm still trying to work out how I feel about the clip, what I think about it.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #455
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I don't get the criticisms though.

*There was no Sentinels (yeah,cause it's a teaser)
*There was no VFX/it was Comic-Con footage (because that's all that they have right now)
*The music!!! (It's a trailer,who cares?)
*The sets look cheap (So you know what a Dystopian future should look like?)
* (My favorite) Not Wolverine again!!!!!
...and I dont get why you keep going on with this. Most these complaints are self explanatory, plus Ive seen them explained to you. You wont agree regardless. It's obvious People expected/wanted different things. The music is a common complaint now. Nothing wrong with that just cause you don't agree with them.

Last edited by def28; 10-30-2013 at 03:05 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #456
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
...and I dont get why you keep going on with this. Most these complaints are self explanatory, plus Ive seen them explained to you. You wont agree regardless. It's obvious People expected/wanted different things. The music is a common complaint now. Nothing wrong with that just cause you don't agree with them.
What do you mean by this?I brought it up ONCE before,because it (like all the others I've listed) is a LAME reason for saying "teh traler sux".

Old 10-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #457
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

The 'not Wolverine again' is a valid concern, I think...

Old 10-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #458
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

wolverine will have his own storyline thats clear to say, i personally don't think they need one for him but he will get one

Old 10-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #459
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Absolutely it is. It's the reason I have no interest in seeing either Wolverine solo films.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #460
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

there isn't really much more you can do with wolverine, it was one of my issues with the wolverine... there was nothing new there, and i do fear they may want to still make him look badass at the expense of others like in previous films but it would be really lazy

Old 10-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #461
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
What do you mean by this?I brought it up ONCE before,because it (like all the others I've listed) is a LAME reason for saying "teh traler sux".
Thought I've seen you post that more then once, sorry if not the case. All those reasons and opinions have been explained in detail by users. Just meant they wont change their mind, so its just gonna keep going around in cirlces. No use to keep asking why when they already gave their answer. But if you werent doing that then my apologies. Very well could have been another poster and I'm mistaken.

I really don't think many people think it flat out sucks. Just that it didn't meet their expectations. Nothing really wrong with not liking a soundtrack choice. All preference.

Last edited by def28; 10-30-2013 at 04:07 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #462
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
there isn't really much more you can do with wolverine, it was one of my issues with the wolverine... there was nothing new there, and i do fear they may want to still make him look badass at the expense of others like in previous films but it would be really lazy
That would be a big mistake, so I hope they don't go that route, especially with McAvoy and Fassbender. Personally, I don't think they will. The trailer doesn't suggest that, anyway.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #463
Super Film
Side-Kick

I'm okay as of right now with Wolverine's involvement in the story, because more than anything he appears to be the facilitator of the larger story elements--the way the future can communicate with the past. Still feels very much like a First Class film--Xavier, Magneto, Mystique story. Which I'm happy with.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #464
third
Banned User

that "we need you to hope again" line seemed iffy to me

third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #465
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

There was just too much going on in the trailer.

It doesn't help that there are a **** load of continuity issues, and that the future / past actors of various characters look nothing alike, and sound very little alike.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #466
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by third View Post
that "we need you to hope again" line seemed iffy to me
Remembering its out of context and it was cut together like that for effect

Old 10-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #467
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:

Great Post. I chose not to see the bootleg footage, and liked the trailer s it was my irst time seeing footage. i care more about story and character and atmosphere that seeing everything the movie will deliver in a trailer right now.

Patience is indeed a lost virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Quote:
Absolutely it is. It's the reason I have no interest in seeing either Wolverine solo films.
I've seen the wolverine complaint everywhere.

There was like more than 10 characters in the trailer many and more appearing more than Wolverine.

I think people they only way people will not call one an Wolverine movie is when he isn't even in the movies

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #468
kguillou
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
There was just too much going on in the trailer.

It doesn't help that there are a **** load of continuity issues, and that the future / past actors of various characters look nothing alike, and sound very little alike.
I can see Fassenbender's Magneto becoming Mckellen's Mags, but Mcavoy's Xavier is vastly different from Stewart's Xavier.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #469
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I can see Fassenbender's Magneto becoming Mckellen's Mags, but Mcavoy's Xavier is vastly different from Stewart's Xavier.
think thats the point, how life experiences change us, there seems to be alot of anger in young charles, lets say there is no shots of him looking happy

Old 10-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #470
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It's doing what it needed to do get the message out there's a special X-Men movie coming.
Surely the job of -any- trailer or promotional material is to make people go, I really want to see this, rather than "mmeh".

I've said this in the other thread, but this trailer feels like it's mostly preaching to the converted who already know and love all the characters and are familiar with the story at least a little bit. Because it does very little in a way of explaining what's actually going on and what the threat is.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #471
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Great Post. I chose not to see the bootleg footage, and liked the trailer s it was my irst time seeing footage. i care more about story and character and atmosphere that seeing everything the movie will deliver in a trailer right now.

What I love is how people were up in arms that there was no trailer yet and were getting into arguments about why there was no trailer yet. Now we have a trailer that's missing the effects shots because, from what we hear, they aren't ready yet, and those same people are now complaining about they didn't wait longer to release the trailer.

I saw the SDCC trailer, and was pretty much expecting the same stuff for the first teaser, so no disappointment about that from me. I'm just happy to see a better-quality version.

Personally, I don't need to see Sentinels or the big money shots now, especially with the movie so far off. I'd rather see that stuff in all it's glory when I see the movie.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #472
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Isn't that the point though? First Class and the past scenes take place multiple decades before the original series of course they are going to be different. Heck, I'm only 27 and I'm certainly not the same person I was when I was 20.

Lord knows what I'll be like in 30+ years. lol

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #473
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I think what people mean is that they can't really imagine McAvoy's Xavier aging into Stewart's Xavier. Their facial features are just way too different. I can't really buy it myself, although that promo poster has done a decent job (all hail Photoshop!).

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #474
HauntedKnight
Side-Kick

I think the only weird thing for me about the trailer, even though you could say (and I'd agree) that it's more of a teaser is that it doesn't really give a plot. Go back in time to stop a war. That's good and all and I liked the characterization, but anybody who doesn't know X-Men would probably say "what is happening?".

You don't need to give things away so early, but because it was 2 minutes of actual footage and is labeled so is that it's a trailer. There really wasn't any substance to it and it probably should have been more of a teaser.

HauntedKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #475
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post

I've seen the wolverine complaint everywhere.

There was like more than 10 characters in the trailer many and more appearing more than Wolverine.

I think people they only way people will not call one an Wolverine movie is when he isn't even in the movies

The Movie is essentially about wolverines mind getting sent to his past body by the future X-men, so that he can help untie younger Xavier and Magneto so they can stop Trask etc. He is the focal point of the movie, hes the Marty mcFly, His role his to guide the 70s characters to avert a grave future. He is the defacto main character.