The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #276
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
-Cap and the Winter Soldier hand to hand.
That was some awesome mano mano. I hope it's better than the fight between Batman and Bane. Winter Soldier was brandishing a knife there and very few actions films ever deliver a realistic knife fight.

I'm hoping we see Crossbones as the sadistic fighter he's known to be too.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #277
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahammer View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but is the building at 0:45 in the trailer the Triskelion? Looks like it to me. That could be added to this list.

BTW, awesome trailer!!
YASSSSS... The Triskelion, and the helicarrier exploding!

It's all so awesome.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #278
Yellow Cyclone
Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
God, I hope not since I detest that movie.
it's a masterpiece

Old 10-26-2013, 04:40 PM   #279
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
That was some awesome mano mano. I hope it's better than the fight between Batman and Bane. Winter Soldier was brandishing a knife there and very few actions films ever deliver a realistic knife fight.

I'm hoping we see Crossbones as the sadistic fighter he's known to be too.
Oh the little bit of the Cap/WS hand to hand is hot! Like, I can't stop watching that part of the trailer or watching it in gif form. Yeah, the fight scenes are looking like they could be pretty spectacular.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #280
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Cyclone View Post
it's a masterpiece
I think it suffers from brain asphyxia. The amount of plot holes alone is enough to stack to the sky.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #281
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Which plot holes are you referring to?

Old 10-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #282
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
You need to keep both eyes open.

Nice one, Nick.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #283
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Which plot holes are you referring to?
It'd be easier to just go watch the review a guy name confused matthew on youtube did about it. Pretty much sums up why I don't like it. In fact if it weren't for that review I'd have forgotten the movie was ever made. But I agree with most of his points. I don't think it's the worst movie ever like he does but it's really, really bad IMO.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #284
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
You need to keep both eyes open.

Nice one, Nick.

The guy really does set himself up for the eye jokes. At this point, he knows it's a running gag.

"I've got my eye on you." - Fury to Stark in IM2

"Eyes on ME." -
Fury to Coulson in The Avengers

"I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming."
- Fury to Cap and Stark in The Avengers

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #285
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
It'd be easier to just go watch the review a guy name confused matthew on youtube did about it. Pretty much sums up why I don't like it. In fact if it weren't for that review I'd have forgotten the movie was ever made. But I agree with most of his points. I don't think it's the worst movie ever like he does but it's really, really bad IMO.
Is that the same guy that thought the Avengers was basically Terrible & Dumb ?

Oh yeah:

Loki was "Stock Boring and Dumb".

"I'm Not Wrong."

But his schtick is 'Not liking movies that everyone else does'.

Eh.

I usually watch MovieBob's reviews.
I don't ALWAYS agree with his calls on films, but I feel like we usually ride the similar brainwaves.

-Hercules, Captain America #444

Last edited by captainrogers; 10-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #286
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Watching The Avengers, and I get a sense that SLJ's performing Nick Fury with a sense of weariness about SHIELD's objectives, definitely with the World Security Council's objectives. He's following orders, but reluctantly, and he sees the rationale for what he's been tasked to do. That said, he believes in the Avenger Initiative more.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I'm wondering if the Fury in CA:TWS is still towing the company line, so to speak, but he gets more and more disillusioned with his higher-ups objectives, which leads to the rift between him and SHIELD and the attempt on his life.

These last couple of MCU movies, I don't think Jackson's been phoning anything in. I think his performance is overshadowed some. I'm also starting to think he's going to kick it up a few notches in TWS…

Old 10-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #287
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Confused Matthew hated the Lion King, and all of the "flaws" that he gave are known to people with common sense as "plot and character development." I don't give his opinion much credence if he can't even recognize basic storytelling structure.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #288
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The guy really does set himself up for the eye jokes. At this point, he knows it's a running gag.

"I've got my eye on you." - Fury to Stark in IM2

"Eyes on ME." -
Fury to Coulson in The Avengers

"I lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming."
- Fury to Cap and Stark in The Avengers
Also Stark comments in IM2 and Avengers

Old 10-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #289
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Fan made:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #290
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Great footage and feel. But is there supposed to be singing? Because I didnt hear any, but saw the words on the screen

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #291
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Just watched it again, can't get enough of dat trailer!

Old 10-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #292
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Love the 'does anyone want to get out?' line. He sounds different, more serious, a different tone of voice.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #293
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
Is that the same guy that thought the Avengers was basically Terrible & Dumb ?

Oh yeah:

Loki was "Stock Boring and Dumb".

"I'm Not Wrong."

But his schtick is 'Not liking movies that everyone else does'.

Eh.

I usually watch MovieBob's reviews.
I don't ALWAYS agree with his calls on films, but I feel like we usually ride the similar brainwaves.
Well that's only part of his schtick. Popular films that he doesn't get why they are popular. Some of them I agree with him on and some I don't. I might agree with him 50% of the time at best and that's about the highest I'll ever likely agree with any one reviewer. I'm about that same level with MovieBob. I'm less concerned about whether I agree than I am about the reviewer being able to articulate their opinions well. CM certainly does that.

And I disagreed with him on TA pretty much 100% although he's softened his position on it as of late. But just because I point to a specific review by a specific reviewer as something I agree with, that doesn't mean I MUST agree with all their reviews. That'd be nuts. I happen to agree with his review of MR and largely for the reasons he brought up. Simple as that.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #294
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Confused Matthew hated the Lion King, and all of the "flaws" that he gave are known to people with common sense as "plot and character development." I don't give his opinion much credence if he can't even recognize basic storytelling structure.
I agree with his LK review. There IS no character development in that film. Just a reset button that gets pushed when Simba grows up. Because we don't get to see any of that development. It all happens off screen or during a montage which IMO makes it utterly worthless. He was very specific about that in his review.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #295
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

pretty good in-depth break down of the trailer:

http://io9.com/everything-you-may-ha.../@kirkhamilton

Old 10-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #296
Just_Human
Side-Kick

I really want to see this in the movie :

Old 10-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #297
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

^Yes. A recreation or something similar must be put on screen. I also hope that we see some WWII flashbacks to further the audiences connection to the Steve/Bucky relationship. There is a lot I like in TFA... But there is almost equal amounts of stuff I think was not handled as strongly as it could have been. Bucky and Cap's relationship, and Barnes' death are #2, and #3 on the list. #1 of course being that the Skull could have been more fleshed out (cue jokes in 5,4, 3, 2, 1... Except I'm serious. He should have had more to him. Just my thinking).

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #298
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree with his LK review. There IS no character development in that film. Just a reset button that gets pushed when Simba grows up. Because we don't get to see any of that development. It all happens off screen or during a montage which IMO makes it utterly worthless. He was very specific about that in his review.
That's not at all what happened, but nice try.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #299
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Well that's only part of his schtick. Popular films that he doesn't get why they are popular. Some of them I agree with him on and some I don't. I might agree with him 50% of the time at best and that's about the highest I'll ever likely agree with any one reviewer. I'm about that same level with MovieBob. I'm less concerned about whether I agree than I am about the reviewer being able to articulate their opinions well. CM certainly does that.
So, in the The Lion King, he complains about the main character not being developed at all, nothing important happening and too many jokes (not to say I don't mostly agree with him after skimming through his review). But, in The Incredibles, he complains about not enough humor and the film being too dark by having the characters put through horrible and perilous situations (which is how they become more developed in the first place).

Yeah, that's articulating your opinion very well.

Granted, they're older reviews, and may have honed and improved his reviewing skills as of late (it seems like he has, even I still don't agree with him), but come on. If someone's going to have an opinion on things, they at least need to be consistent.

Anyways, back to Winter Soldier discussion.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 10-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #300
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I'm loving how his helmet isn't weird looking like in TA. It fits closer around his head and is strapped on, not pulled on like a mask. Not to mention I'm loving the ears-out look. I hope we get to see the helmeted Commander Rogers look for more than the night sequence teased in the trailer.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-28-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Closed Thread