The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #301
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Errr there wasn't SUPPOSED to be any development with Simba growing up...he was just screwing around with Timon an Pumba and running away from his problems. Development doesn't come till Nalla shows up

Old 10-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #302
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Wow, these types of convos don't usually pop up till like 2 or 3 months before the movie when we're all going crazy waiting for new stuff.

We just had a new trailer people!
and now we're discussing the Lion King in Cap's thread??

Old 10-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #303
TheFBI
Side-Kick

My biggest problem is that the Lion King sacrificed plot development for singing

Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #304
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

But... I like the singing.

Seriously though the film is a classic. Justifying why you didn't like it is a waste of time. Let's move on.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #305
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Since we're discussing The Lion King, I'd like to posit a minor theory that I though of when watching the trailer the other day that pertains to a subject no many are interested in, Sharon's role.

By now we've put together that she isn't a main character. Probably won't ever be.

But we also know she poses as a nurse. Fury is seen in an OR in the trailer, and we can suppose he remains in intensive care for some time during the movie, potentially susceptible to further attack. So what are the chances that's how she figures into the story aside from being Steve's neighbor?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #306
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Since we're discussing The Lion King, I'd like to posit a minor theory that I though of when watching the trailer the other day that pertains to a subject no many are interested in, Sharon's role.

By now we've put together that she isn't a main character. Probably won't ever be.

But we also know she poses as a nurse. Fury is seen in an OR in the trailer, and we can suppose he remains in intensive care for some time during the movie, potentially susceptible to further attack. So what are the chances that's how she figures into the story aside from being Steve's neighbor?
I missed something; where was it stated that she poses as a nurse?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:17 PM   #307
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I missed something; where was it stated that she poses as a nurse?
It's never been stated outright, but it comes from two sources.

At comic con, EVC said we meet Sharon when she's posing as "Kate", Steve's neighbor.

At D23, a scene from the movie was screened where Natasha suggests Steve ask various women out, including his neighbor, who is a nurse.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #308
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Thanks!

It's really going to be interesting to see how Sharon is introduced in the movie.

I cannot remember, did they say that she was in any of the con previews, and if she was, did she have on some version of her white SHIELD suit?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #309
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Lion King is frikkin' amazing. Just my two cents on the off-topic stuff.

And yeah, I'm also really curious about Sharon's role in this movie.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #310
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

I didn't knew Sharon Stone was in the movie.

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 10-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #311
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Lion King is frikkin' amazing. Just my two cents on the off-topic stuff.

And yeah, I'm also really curious about Sharon's role in this movie.
Right! I want to say that EVC mentioned something about working a lot with Robert Redford's character, so if she is the "nurse" that Widow referred to in the D23 footage, it's likely more that it's part of her cover and we won't see her as a nurse. We'll likely see her in scenes with Redford…

I wrote in the Nick Fury vs. SHIELD thread that I would love
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
a shoutout to Sharon's rather fluid loyalties in the comics if she ended up being a double agent. She might be working for Pierce when she's actually gathering intel for Fury or something… I think the one thing we do know about Sharon at this point though is that she is hiding her true identity from Cap when she's first shown in the movie.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #312
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
I didn't knew Sharon Stone was in the movie.
She tries to kill Cap with an icepick, but he sleeps with his shield under his pillow.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #313
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Lion King is no Fox and the Hound though...

Ps can't wait for this! And Thor in like 12 days!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 10-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #314
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
That's not at all what happened, but nice try.
Well actually it is. Now whether that matters to you is entirely another deal altogether. I don't like that movie mainly because I'm usually not a cartoon guy(Aladdin was the only 90's Disney cartoon I liked and that was all Williams's comedy that did that). I don't care about CM's gripes on the film. But he wasn't lying.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #315
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
(Aladdin was the only 90's Disney cartoon I liked)
Not even The Hunchback of Notre Dame (the gargoyles aside)?

5-.-2-.-14

Old 10-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #316
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

The very idea of turning that into a Disney animated film repelled me. I never saw it.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #317
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Unlikely, I think. Fury would be in a super-secret government hospital.

Since she has scenes with Redford, my guess is that Sharon is monitoring Steve at his behest, probably unknowingly serving the villain (if Redford is the villain) under the impression that is some kind of national security matter.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #318
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Thats the only thing I did find strange about the trailer, no Emily as Sharon, considering she is the main love interest of the movie, you would think she would be in the trailer.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #319
CaptainCanada
Shield of the True North

It sounds like she's kind of slipped into the movie at first as a possible romantic interest who then turns out to be a spy in a twist (that they're doing a highly inconsistent job of keeping secret), so I suspect in a future, slower trailer they'll probably have one of the intro scenes where she's pretending to be "Kate".

Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #320
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Thats the only thing I did find strange about the trailer, no Emily as Sharon, considering she is the main love interest of the movie, you would think she would be in the trailer.
Her not being in the trailer just kinda confirmed to me that she won't be a real love interest till later. She'll be the nice neighbor, who later shows up in full uniform and shocks Cap.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #321
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Thanks!

It's really going to be interesting to see how Sharon is introduced in the movie.

I cannot remember, did they say that she was in any of the con previews, and if she was, did she have on some version of her white SHIELD suit?
It's likely that she is still a secret agent of some sort, as she's repeatedly been referred to as Agent 13.

She did lit slip that she does wear a SHIELD catsuit, and that she found it surprisingly comfortable.

Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo also said that Agent 13 "brings the pain" in the movie, something EVC wasn't allowed to say for herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
Unlikely, I think. Fury would be in a super-secret government hospital.

Since she has scenes with Redford, my guess is that Sharon is monitoring Steve at his behest, probably unknowingly serving the villain (if Redford is the villain) under the impression that is some kind of national security matter.
Yes, but a (presumably elite) secret agent could sneak into a guarded government hospital.

Picture this, we first meet "Kate" early in the movie when Steve runs into her around his apartment. She's set up as a budding romantic interest, we learn she's a nurse, etc. Perhaps she has a couple of more appearances a little later and so forth.

Then the main plot kicks off, and "Kate" disappears into the background. Fury gets attacked, Steve and Natasha watching him get an operation, and so on.

The plot moves further along, and the bad guys decide to make a second attempt on Fury's life. One of Pierce's cronies, Jack Rollins perhaps, shows up at the hospital, and plans to take out the entirely vulnerable Fury. Perhaps Cap knows, and he and Falcon are desperate to stop it, but can't get there in time.

Enter "Kate", to Rollins' annoyance. At first it looks like she's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but she reveals her true colors by killing Rollins (or whoever) and getting Fury somewhere safe.

Just a thought on what might happen.

EVC said she worked with Redford, and she also said she worked with SLJ. It doesn't necessarily mean she has scenes with either, as "worked with" is a nebulous term and it could simply mean she got to see Redford act and work behind the scenes.

Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 10-28-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #322
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Name one actor/actress who used the term "worked with" to descibe watching another performer that they never worked with at all.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #323
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Name one actor/actress who used the term "worked with" to descibe watching another performer that they never worked with at all.
Well, Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie have talked about working in "'What's Your Number', but didn't share any scenes in that.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #324
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanada View Post
It sounds like she's kind of slipped into the movie at first as a possible romantic interest who then turns out to be a spy in a twist (that they're doing a highly inconsistent job of keeping secret), so I suspect in a future, slower trailer they'll probably have one of the intro scenes where she's pretending to be "Kate".
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Her not being in the trailer just kinda confirmed to me that she won't be a real love interest till later. She'll be the nice neighbor, who later shows up in full uniform and shocks Cap.
Makes sense, maybe it is another 'twist' they are trying to keep secret, similar to The Mandarin in IM3, though obviously not as big.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #325
MysticRain
Side-Kick

I think EVC will probably have about than 10 minutes of screentime combined in this movie. Not even sure she'll be in the movie poster. But I can see them using her for promotion during ABC's Revenge.

While actors might not have any screen together, they can still calling it 'working with'. There are a lot of interactions behind the screen. You get to know people really well, especially if you were off shooting away from home for a long period of time.

Closed Thread