The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #376
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

While a majority of the movie we can only speculate at this point, it's safe to say that this film will resolve the Steve and Peggy Storyline.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #377
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Old 11-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #378
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Yep. I was lucky my PS3 came with it.

Of course, but not everyone has the money to covert even now, and it is much cheaper now then it was 6 years ago.
Huh? You can get a blu-ray player for like $30...and the blu-rays you can get for around $10-$15.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #379
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
IS HE?!
lol thats too funny

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 11-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #380
Farren
Side Kicker

Poor Cap. That's the uncertainty u live with in the MarvelU.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #381
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

My Bucky is deeeeaaaaddd! *slap*

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #382
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Falling...with style.

I wonder will this be the signature of all MCU movies. Remember IM3 & trailer spot from Thor 2?

Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #383
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It would be awesome to see a Cap vs. Punisher movie down with line with Daredevil thrown in too, so Bullseye can be involved.
or the 'Born Again' story line.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #384
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
or the 'Born Again' story line.
on that note, i would love for them to bring in Nuke. i have a feeling that he'd be kind of fun in live-action.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #385
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

A Born Again-adaptation under the MCU banner could be brilliant.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 11-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #386
Loki882
Side-Kick

If they make a DD TV show, which I kind of think is likely, then they can have an entire season devoted to adapting the Born Again storyline. I'd also like to see Diamondback appear in the movies at some point, she's just fun.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #387
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm kind of curious to hear some people's thoughts on this matter...

But in your opinion, based on everything that we've seen and heard about Steve's character within the given MCU, what is it about him that you feel makes him good enough that the diverse likes of Tony Stark, Thor, and even Hulk would be wiling to take orders from him and see him as a leader of the Avengers' group? What makes him better than any other hero person in his position, let alone from the group of heroes?

Old 11-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #388
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm kind of curious to hear some people's thoughts on this matter...

But in your opinion, based on everything that we've seen and heard about Steve's character within the given MCU, what is it about him that you feel makes him good enough that the diverse likes of Tony Stark, Thor, and even Hulk would be wiling to take orders from him and see him as a leader of the Avengers' group? What makes him better than any other hero person in his position, let alone from the group of heroes?
Best I can tell, it's due to his reputation. They follow him because he's a legendary leader from WWII, rather than any quality that had affected them directly.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:16 AM   #389
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Cap is a no BS guy. There is no false bravado or elitist airs about the man. He will tell you what he means, and follow through on his word. Compared to Stark or Fury it's a change of pace for sure. He's compassionate but he is also decisive. He can be lethal to enemies but he looks out for the wider world too. And yeah, once you realize all that you remember that he's a battle hardened tactician that can probably put the diverse and powerful talents of a group like the Avengers to better use than anybody else in the world. Nuff' said.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #390
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I think it's just his resolve and reliability to get the job done... He's dedicated, capable and loyal. Tony, Thor, Banner... They've all got other concerns and things on their minds, Steve is pretty much just focused on the mission. He's like the perfect cop or something, he's always on the job. I think that's one of the main reasons he makes sense for leader. A leader doesn't have to be the strongest or the most charismatic member of the team, just the person who can make the quick, snap judgements and constantly keep on the ball.

I think Steve's proven he's capable of that and Winter Soldier seems to be going further at fleshing out his character too, which is great. I love the idea of a SHIELD movie with him since i'm predicting it's probably going to end with him wanting to sever ties with any government organisation. I'm expecting him to have that same realisation he does in the comics, that being an independent hero is the only way to ensure their motivation in helping people or protecting earth is pure.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #391
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I think it's just his resolve and reliability to get the job done... He's dedicated, capable and loyal. Tony, Thor, Banner... They've all got other concerns and things on their minds, Steve is pretty much just focused on the mission. He's like the perfect cop or something, he's always on the job. I think that's one of the main reasons he makes sense for leader. A leader doesn't have to be the strongest or the most charismatic member of the team, just the person who can make the quick, snap judgements and constantly keep on the ball.

I think Steve's proven he's capable of that and Winter Soldier seems to be going further at fleshing out his character too, which is great. I love the idea of a SHIELD movie with him since i'm predicting it's probably going to end with him wanting to sever ties with any government organisation. I'm expecting him to have that same realisation he does in the comics, that being an independent hero is the only way to ensure their motivation in helping people or protecting earth is pure.
I can definitely agree with that. The only reason why I asked is that I would find it hard at times to buy that someone like Tony, who hates following someone else's lead or orders, would be capable of looking at Steve as a leader, or Thor for that matter, who's been an warrior prince for centuries..and don't get me started on the Hulk.

So for a person within the MCU to exist that could get these characters to follow his lead, it'd have to be one hell of a person.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #392
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I can definitely agree with that. The only reason why I asked is that I would find it hard at times to buy that someone like Tony, who hates following someone else's lead or orders, would be capable of looking at Steve as a leader, or Thor for that matter, who's been an warrior prince for centuries..and don't get me started on the Hulk.

So for a person within the MCU to exist that could get these characters to follow his lead, it'd have to be one hell of a person.

Making Steve, the man behind the Cap persona, truly something special is one of the best things that CA:TFA got right. Even a lot of the people who dislike it for very legitimate reasons still cite Evans and what they wrote for him as spot on.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #393
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I still think my favourite Steve moment in any film is when he's arguing with Bucky and Erksine overhears it. Such a great scene.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #394
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Great footage and feel. But is there supposed to be singing? Because I didnt hear any, but saw the words on the screen
No singing,just music w/written lyrics.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #395
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
I really want to see this in the movie :

Not trying rain on your happiness here,ugh! I hope not,that's so cliche. That's just me though.

Old 11-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #396
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Will we see Falcon in Avengers 2? My though is this:

- I don't think we'll see him in Avengers 2, which is a shame. He would add to the team some much needed diversity. I do think that we'll see diversity in Avengers 3 with the possibility of Wasp (if she's played by Mixed race Rashida Jones), Black Panther and maybe even Falcon and Rhodey.

Then again, there could be big plans for Falcon in the MCU. It was curious that Marvel would use this movie to introduce a new SHIELD agent/super hero when they could have used Hawkeye, who is already a SHIELD agent. Hawkeye is nowhere to be found in this movie (or any movie since Avengers) and based on the trailer, it looks like Falcon has third billing behind Cap and BW.

It will be interesting to see if Falcon shows up in Age of Ultron. Right now, I would say no but who knows. If Marvel announces that Anthony Mackie is returning as Falcon for Age of Ultron it will be fantastic news.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 11-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #397
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I would have no objection his presence in the film. And/Or Rhodey's (I've warmed up to the option after IM3 and loving every frame of it.)

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 11-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #398
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
I really want to see this in the movie :

Third panel should've said "Then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly."

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Old 11-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #399
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Will we see Falcon in Avengers 2? My though is this:

- I don't think we'll see him in Avengers 2, which is a shame. He would add to the team some much needed diversity. I do think that we'll see diversity in Avengers 3 with the possibility of Wasp (if she's played by Mixed race Rashida Jones), Black Panther and maybe even Falcon and Rhodey.

Then again, there could be big plans for Falcon in the MCU. It was curious that Marvel would use this movie to introduce a new SHIELD agent/super hero when they could have used Hawkeye, who is already a SHIELD agent. Hawkeye is nowhere to be found in this movie (or any movie since Avengers) and based on the trailer, it looks like Falcon has third billing behind Cap and BW.

It will be interesting to see if Falcon shows up in Age of Ultron. Right now, I would say no but who knows. If Marvel announces that Anthony Mackie is returning as Falcon for Age of Ultron it will be fantastic news.
Including Falcon in CATWS isn't some random decision, though....Falcon is a major part of Cap's mythos, and certainly deserves a prominent role in his story in modern times. Falcon is also a full-fledged Avenger, so including him in AOU would be a natural assumption as well.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #400
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Including Falcon in CATWS isn't some random decision, though....Falcon is a major part of Cap's mythos, and certainly deserves a prominent role in his story in modern times. Falcon is also a full-fledged Avenger, so including him in AOU would be a natural assumption as well.
Yes. However, Hawkeye seems to be the forgotten Avenger. He hasn't been in any movies since Avengers and has yet to be mentioned on Agents of Shield. Since Avengers, we've seen Stark, Banner (at the end credits of IM 3), Thor and soon Rogers and Widow. Hell, since Avengers we've seen Fury and Hill pop up on Agents of Shield.

Every Avenger except Hawkeye has been mentioned on AOS. We won't see Hawkeye again until Avengers 2. If he survives, we won't see him again till Avengers 3 (Stark won't appear again after AOU until Avengers 3, but at least he'll be mentioned).

And I don't think we'll see Falcon in AOU. We didn't see Rhodey, so I don't think we'll see Falcon. Avengers showing diversity is going to have to wait until Avengers 3.

Closed Thread