The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #526
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
If not for the magnetic cuffs, he would have done in faster.
And the cuffs were such a cool touch. Who thought of this stuff? This is some top-notch combat...just perfect.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #527
Lightsplasher
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
And the cuffs were such a cool touch. Who thought of this stuff? This is some top-notch combat...just perfect.
Yup , totally agree on that , it's probably Ryan Meinerding (the guy is a total-Cap Fanboy) or others concept artists or people from the artistic team , what I'm trying to say is , they finally seem to have figured out to make cool (let's even say astonishing) fight scenes with some smart little things a bit like here and we'll probably see Cap' tactically using his shield in the best way (oppositely to TFA where we didn't have much of that)

Old 11-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #528
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

April can't get here soon enough

Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #529
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Ya those cuffs were brilliant because Cap is infinitely stronger than anyone in that elevator.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 11-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #530
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Big guy, right? I didn't think about it then but you might be right. It could be the leaper... although it was Cap doing the leaping in that, heh
Ya, that's what I said ..... Cap is the one who performs the aerial kick. But the guy he's attacking isn't an overwhelmingly big dude. His bald head looks just like GSP's and the scene takes place on a ship, which we pretty much know is one of Cap's first missions after he dives out of that quinjet into the water.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #531
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, agree completely. It reminds me of the idea of "how do you arrest a Jedi". Now we know how you "try" to arrest a super soldier.

Old 11-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #532
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Ya, that's what I said ..... Cap is the one who performs the aerial kick. But the guy he's attacking isn't an overwhelmingly big dude. His bald head looks just like GSP's and the scene takes place on a ship, which we pretty much know is one of Cap's first missions after he dives out of that quinjet into the water.

yeah, the flip kick looks like its being done to batroc

Old 11-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #533
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

The Cap footage was impressive. Cap took out a group of agents in an elevator, loved the look of Winter Solider picking up the Shield etc... The look of both Winter Solider & Commander Rogers

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 11-10-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #534
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Chills...

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #535
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Great god amighty. Seriously, *everyone* in the superhero film genre can take some lessons on how to shoot action sequences from just this trailer alone. I simply cannot believe how much more badass the fight scenes and full-scale combat is in this trailer compared to *every* superhero film that has come before, including Avengers.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014

Last edited by craigdbfan; 11-10-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Quoting bootleg material
Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #536
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

That double kick he does while hanging from the magcuff =

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #537
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

YES. Excellent action scene. Hand-to-hand combat stuff like this will reign king for me personally, much more over MOS/T:TDW levels of high-scale destruction. Excellently choreographed, shot and edited. The magcuff was a great touch; like the glove/boot sequence it ramps up the tension while giving them much more to play with. Cannot wait.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #538
BobJM
Who's Bad?

That all looks really great

Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #539
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Remember guys you can't post bootleg material on here. That preview was beyond amazing but let's try to not post that on here.

Thanks

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #540
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

So… warning for THOR 2 spoilers…

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I totally just spoiled myself, but hearing that there was a Cap cameo in Thor 2 was just too much for me and I watched just that scene. OMG Chris was really great imitating Hiddleston as Loki. I loved that!

If there's any hope in the world, that single moment will inspire a ton of fan-ficcers to write Steve, Thor, and Loki stories. With Loki annoying the snot out of Steve and Thor by constantly doing impressions of them.

I could watch an entire movie of that one moment, personally.

Also, a big agreement to everyone who loves the hand-to-hand combat in the CATWS trailer. I did like that Cap did more hand-to-hand that seemed realistic in the Avengers (on the helicarrier and on the ground with the Chitauri) but I really do want more of Cap fighting, as he's my fave. It looks like the Russos really went out of the way to give us just that. The elevator scene is absolutely brutal and fantastic. I can't wait to see it in it's full (clear and not bootleg blurry) glory.

Old 11-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #541
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That double kick he does while hanging from the magcuff =

That was so cool. How about when he backflips while hugging his knees? Or how he throws down Rumlow's tasers like garbage before slamming him into the ceiling of the elevator? That part when that agent hit the camera was brutal too. Another favorite was how he swiftly kicked his shield up onto his arm and sliced the cuff off. Cap definitely gives off a "Deadliest Man Alive" vibe in this movie.

Everything about that scene was orgasmic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Russo bros. got a larger role in the further progresion of the MCU because of this movie, similar to Whedon but not identical.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 11-11-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 AM   #542
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

And the cuffs were disguised as briefcase handles at first. So smart. I love SHIELD's tech...wonder if Stark came up with that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #543
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
So… warning for THOR 2 spoilers…

I totally just spoiled myself, but hearing that there was a Cap cameo in Thor 2 was just too much for me and I watched just that scene. OMG Chris was really great imitating Hiddleston as Loki. I loved that!

If there's any hope in the world, that single moment will inspire a ton of fan-ficcers to write Steve, Thor, and Loki stories. With Loki annoying the snot out of Steve and Thor by constantly doing impressions of them.

I could watch an entire movie of that one moment, personally.

Also, a big agreement to everyone who loves the hand-to-hand combat in the CATWS trailer. I did like that Cap did more hand-to-hand that seemed realistic in the Avengers (on the helicarrier and on the ground with the Chitauri) but I really do want more of Cap fighting, as he's my fave. It looks like the Russos really went out of the way to give us just that. The elevator scene is absolutely brutal and fantastic. I can't wait to see it in it's full (clear and not bootleg blurry) glory.
The story of how that scene was originally shot is almost as hilarious as the scene itself.

Initially, the scene was shot with just Hemsworth and Hiddleston, with Evans and others to be digitally inserted later. Hiddleston was supposed to wear normal Loki gear, but he insisted upon shooting the sequence in Evans' Captain America costume because otherwise he would never get to wear it. So they did it that way, with Hiddles doing an impersonation of Evans as Captain America.

Later on Evans was shown Hiddleston's impression of him before shooting his part. He then did an impersonation of Hiddleston impersonating him. Hiddleston said that Evans' performance was brilliant for that alone, never mind how hilarious he was. The best part is that the footage of Hiddleston impersonating Evans while wearing the Cap uniform is going to be on the Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to see that.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...-spoiler.jhtml

Old 11-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #544
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightsplasher View Post
Yup , totally agree on that , it's probably Ryan Meinerding (the guy is a total-Cap Fanboy) or others concept artists or people from the artistic team , what I'm trying to say is , they finally seem to have figured out to make cool (let's even say astonishing) fight scenes with some smart little things a bit like here and we'll probably see Cap' tactically using his shield in the best way (oppositely to TFA where we didn't have much of that)
It's probably Marcus and McFeely, or the Russos. Coming up with fightscene details is outside a concept artist's purview.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #545
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The story of how that scene was originally shot is almost as hilarious as the scene itself.

Initially, the scene was shot with just Hemsworth and Hiddleston, with Evans and others to be digitally inserted later. Hiddleston was supposed to wear normal Loki gear, but he insisted upon shooting the sequence in Evans' Captain America costume because otherwise he would never get to wear it. So they did it that way, with Hiddles doing an impersonation of Evans as Captain America.

Later on Evans was shown Hiddleston's impression of him before shooting his part. He then did an impersonation of Hiddleston impersonating him. Hiddleston said that Evans' performance was brilliant for that alone, never mind how hilarious he was. The best part is that the footage of Hiddleston impersonating Evans while wearing the Cap uniform is going to be on the Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to see that.

I can't wait to watch that scene over and over again ("I feel the righteousness surging"), that alone I'm getting the blu-ray it was such a brilliant Cameo . I laughed so much at that scene it was priceless

Old 11-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #546
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

OMG DYING….

I haven't even seen Thor 2 yet, and I'm just salivating over how PERFECT
that Cap cameo was set up! The fact that Tom Hiddleston wanted to wear the Avengers suit makes it like a thousand times better!

Old 11-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #547
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
That was so cool. How about when he backflips while hugging his knees? Or how he throws down Rumlow's tasers like garbage before slamming him into the ceiling of the elevator? That part when that agent hit the camera was brutal too. Another favorite was how he swiftly kicked his shield up onto his arm and sliced the cuff off. Cap definitely gives off a "Deadliest Man Alive" vibe in this movie.

Everything about that scene was orgasmic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Russo bros. got a larger role in the further progresion of the MCU because of this movie, similar to Whedon but not identical.
Marvel's got a series of street level TV shows under development, and the Russos have an impressive background in high quality TV productions. Could the brothers take on a role similar to Whedon's Stage 2 role by overseeing Marvel's Netflix programs? Based on what we've seen, they could do wonders helping to get the look and feel of those shows right.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #548
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Marvel's got a series of street level TV shows under development, and the Russos have an impressive background in high quality TV productions. Could the brothers take on a role similar to Whedon's Stage 2 role by overseeing Marvel's Netflix programs? Based on what we've seen, they could do wonders helping to get the look and feel of those shows right.
Oh man, just imagine how much their involvement would benefit Daredevil and Iron Fist. Good observation, that sounds like something that could really happen. I'm all for it.

I also see them being involved with Agents of SHIELD.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #549
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

The Russos would fix Agents of SHIELD so thoroughly it wouldn't even be funny. Not that it's not improving now, but it would be hilarious and deadly, everything an MC show should be.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #550
BoredGuy
Killing Time

The cameo was great, probably my favorite scene in all of TDW

now, where's this video of the 5 minutes... has it made it to the youtube??

Closed Thread