The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #601
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I dunno about the "real time" thing
But yeah, she said "two years since the characters have appeared"
which, discounting Cap's Thor cameo, is true, It'll be two years since Avengers when Cap comes out

Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #602
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
to be fair... she says "SINCE THE CHARACTERS APPEARED" neither first appeared in Avengers...

it probably HAS been 2 years since IM2 (Natasha) and Cap made it into present time at the end of Cap
But yet she also says that it's "in real time". Avengers came out 2012. The Winter Soldier comes out 2014. If we're talking 'real time' there's the 2 years right there.

(also: According to the official marvel timeline, Cap being woken up is supposed to be one of the most recent events to occur in the films prior to the beginning of Avengers - I wouldn't put it at any more than *maybe* a couple months before)

Again, part of me wonders if this is a situation similar to Thor: The Dark World as I was hearing similar conflicting reports in regards to the timeline on that one as well. Some said it picked up right where Avengers left off, others said it took place a year later. In the end, both ended up being correct (with the Loki before Odin scene the pick up from Avengers and the rest of the movie taking place 1 year later)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 11-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #603
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
But yet she also says that it's "in real time". Avengers came out 2012. The Winter Soldier comes out 2014. If we're talking 'real time' there's the 2 years right there.

(also: According to the official marvel timeline, Cap being woken up is supposed to be one of the most recent events to occur in the films prior to the beginning of Avengers - I wouldn't put it at any more than *maybe* a couple months before)

Again, part of me wonders if this is a situation similar to Thor: The Dark World as I was hearing similar conflicting reports in regards to the timeline on that one as well. Some said it picked up right where Avengers left off, others said it took place a year later. In the end, both ended up being correct (with the Loki before Odin scene the pick up from Avengers and the rest of the movie taking place 1 year later)
the timeline is all a mess right now... SHIELD is supposedly 6 months after Avengers... yet now is dealing with Thor, and people think IM3 has already happened

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #604
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Everyone needs to realize that time can pass between the AOS missions. It's not like it's literally every week that a situation occurs. They could be months apart, making the first 7 episodes actually spaced out over a year, or 6 months or whatever.
EDIT: (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) Marvel Wiki Page: Earth-199999: http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-199999

Last edited by TheFBI; 11-13-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #605
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by wampa1 View Post
I can see Thor employing a non-interference policy when it comes to humans battling each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Ew. Then that would make him the worst protector of Midgard ever. Loki even pointed that out in Avengers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; plus, if SHIELD is in a position where it’s inner workings are being controlled by the wrong people who are using it for their own needs, considering that SHIELD is an worldwide organization that can affect how things go about on Earth, Thor would be a idiot not to get involved if he had a chance to help. What’s the point of being a protector if you allow the place that you’re supposed to protect to destroy itself?
Thor already explained his view of his role on Earth in The Avengers. He doesn't want to be the so-called king of Midgard, or to force humans to stop fighting each other. He is more of a cosmic champion, dedicated to protecting Earth from external/extraterrestrial threats and the occasional terrestrial menace capable of destroying the planet (e.g., Ultron). Therefore the internal battle within SHIELD's hierarchy would not concern him unless they involve something like the Tesseract which is powerful enough to pose a threat to the entire planet. Thor isn't going to sit around Jane's apartment watching the BBC and looking for petty human conflicts to interfere in. That is not what he's on Earth for.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
That is not to say that there is no possibility that Thor will cross paths with Steve Rogers, however. Both of the Chrises pitched the idea of appearing in each others' films while promoting TA. Evans has appeared in TDW, so it's not out of the question that Hemsworth will return the favor somehow.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #606
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Thor already explained his view of his role on Earth in The Avengers. He doesn't want to be the so-called king of Midgard, or to force humans to stop fighting each other. He is more of a cosmic champion, dedicated to protecting Earth from external/extraterrestrial threats and the occasional terrestrial menace capable of destroying the planet (e.g., Ultron). Therefore the internal battle within SHIELD's hierarchy would not concern him unless they involve something like the Tesseract which is powerful enough to pose a threat to the entire planet. Thor isn't going to sit around Jane's apartment watching the BBC and looking for petty human conflicts to interfere in. That is not what he's on Earth for.

That is not to say that there is no possibility that Thor will cross paths with Steve Rogers, however. Both of the Chrises pitched the idea of appearing in each others' films while promoting TA. Evans has appeared in TDW, so it's not out of the question that Hemsworth will return the favor somehow.
Earth has had exactly one extraterrestrial attack, so I'm guessing he'll consider himself responsible for more than just that. I'm not saying he's going to play ref in any internal SHIELD fights, but I doubt he's going to stand by while a dictator abuses his countrymen, etc.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #607
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 11-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #608
echostation
Banned User

It very clear that although steven the captain has a very "lean" skinny look overall, what great is no dumb copy blue rip off costume

They actually listen to the correct claims of fans by noting unoriginal of c'est costume. Now it black. Darker. Dark knight inspired but still far original then early blue dumbs. The lean scrawny christoph evans look was noted then they pad the muscle padding in there to make look big and hefty like a real captain

Trailer look great. So happy for these community directors to not copy stupidly Navi

Old 11-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #609
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
It very clear that although steven the captain has a very "lean" skinny look overall, what great is no dumb copy blue rip off costume

They actually listen to the correct claims of fans by noting unoriginal of c'est costume. Now it black. Darker. Dark knight inspired but still far original then early blue dumbs. The lean scrawny christoph evans look was noted then they pad the muscle padding in there to make look big and hefty like a real captain

Trailer look great. So happy for these community directors to not copy stupidly Navi
Too much blue indeed.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #610
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Ahh echo. <3

Steven Rodgers needs to eat cheeseburgrz

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #611
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dark knight inspired
Chris Nolan invented pants.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #612
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Also remember that the bifrost was destroyed and only recently repaired as of Thor 2.

Thor was only allowed to return to earth in Avengers to go after Loki and retrieve the Tesseract.

- CM Punk
Old 11-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #613
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Did you make this Kane?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #614
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Sooo, since we know about the particular cameo in Thor, should we expect a similar cameo in CATWS? And, in what way do you all hypothesize?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:34 PM   #615
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Earth has had exactly one extraterrestrial attack, so I'm guessing he'll consider himself responsible for more than just that. I'm not saying he's going to play ref in any internal SHIELD fights, but I doubt he's going to stand by while a dictator abuses his countrymen, etc.

When has Thor ever played Earth's policeman/peacekeeper in the comics? As far as I can remember, he doesn't involve himself in human wars. There isn't any call for him to do so in the MCU, either.

Quote:

Cap's new costume is blue. Bright blue.

You may go scream in the corner about "blue dumbs" now.

Old 11-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #616
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Yessssssss….

Echostation is here. PAAAAAAARTAY!!

Everytime he posts, Chris eats another cheeseburger… or not. I guess that's the point.

Glad to see he liked the trailer. Very Dark Knight. I liiiiiiiike!! (we need a Borat smiley)

Old 11-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #617
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Sooo, since we know about the particular cameo in Thor, should we expect a similar cameo in CATWS? And, in what way do you all hypothesize?
Probably mid credits. And it may involve Cap and BW and possibly Fury going underground....so to speak.

Too bad we won't see the Howling Commandos in Flashback, even though we may see Peggy and Howard Stark in flashback.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #618
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Clint, since the poor sap has nothing else going on.

Though, back on the Avengers press tour, Hemsworth and Evans would often be interviewed together and talk about wanting to cameo in each others' movies. Now Evans has cameos in Thor, perhaps Hemsworth will be in CATWS. Don't know how Thor could get involved, though.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #619
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

In a recent episode of SHIELD, it was alluded that Barton and Romanoff are still working together. Make of that what you will.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #620
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Echostation and his blue fixation rears it's ugly head again, eh? that guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #621
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
The cameo in TDW makes sense, considering that particular superpower set, and that it was a quasi-cameo instead of a real one. A cameo from Thor in TWS would be a lot harder to work in.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #622
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Cap's new costume is blue. Bright blue.

That picture has been saturated beyond belief, Tumblr style. His new suit is more dark blue than anything.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #623
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I hope this film gives us a good idea on what kind of ranking Captain Rogers has within the SHIELD organization and how his colleagues view of him.

I just find it weird at times that he's not one of the Avenger that people wouldn't reference a lot about within the SHIELD series considering that he's a part of that organization (for the time being) and you'd think someone of his reputation and exploits would be sent on a lot of high stake missions.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #624
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

Quote:
That picture has been saturated beyond belief, Tumblr style. His new suit is more dark blue than anything.

In any event, his costume's still pretty blue.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #625
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Thor isn't going to [BLACKOUT]sit around Jane's apartment watching the BBC
Don't tell me you wouldn't want to see that.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Closed Thread