The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #801
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Man does that helmet look goofy.

Old 12-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #802
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I know this is probably not the place, but I found this poster (is pretty big, I think is from that old TV movie) at my old grandmother's house, which is now where I live. I think it was from when my dad used to work for a Video company. Anyway, I wanted to know if it has any value, or if it is completely worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Man does that helmet look goofy.
Ha, yeah I know. Also, I don't think the suit looks exactly like that in the movie either.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #803
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
According to The Daily Superhero, Marvel Studios' next film Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be undergoing some additional photography starting in just two weeks. Production on the film will reassemble for two days before breaking for the holidays. They will then shoot for an additional two weeks in January of 2014. No word on what the additional shooting will include, but as the site says, it has become standard practice for Marvel films to go back for more shooting as both Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World have done this as well.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...tional-filming

They're not going to shoot a bunch of extra crap and then cut the movie down to 85 minutes are they? This runtime business needs to stop.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 12-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #804
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Typically it's less for additional scenes and more for replacement scenes that work better than old ones or reshoots/pickups when they realize a certain scene doesn't cut well for whatever reason; I don't think that they shoot an extra half hour of the movie and then cut it out or anything.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #805
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

They reshoot stuff on movies all the time. Haven't heard anything about runtime issues

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 12-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #806
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yeah the vast majority of the time reshoots are just reshoots. You only have to worry when another director besides the original one is involved in the reshoots.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #807
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Typically it's less for additional scenes and more for replacement scenes that work better than old ones or reshoots/pickups when they realize a certain scene doesn't cut well for whatever reason; I don't think that they shoot an extra half hour of the movie and then cut it out or anything.
Yeah I'm not worried about the reshoots, I know what those are for and nothing so far has given any indication of a problem with this particular film anyway but they do seem to be getting a little scissor happy in general, all the way back to TIH in fact.

It's not a trend I'm a big fan of when the films suffer as a result, and several of them have imo. And since they don't seem to be interested in taking my money for some directors or extended cuts all I'm left with is a bit of grousing about the situation on the internet.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 12-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #808
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that TDW has made some people skittish about "reshoots" and Marvel cutting out most of the interesting character stuff in order to have "better pacing." And then the pacing is still wonky.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #809
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

Marvel re shoots all of their movies and El Mayimbe has said that they sometimes bring in different directors for heavy dialogue scenes and such.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #810
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Have to wonder if maybe they're shooting another mid-credits scene as well.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #811
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I know they like to do stuff on the fly now regarding Marvel flicks, like maybe some new revelation pops up and they want to implement it.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #812
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Maybe the Russo Brothers have seen the script to Age of Ultron and will shoot the end credits accordingly?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #813
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Yeah I'm not worried about the reshoots, I know what those are for and nothing so far has given any indication of a problem with this particular film anyway but they do seem to be getting a little scissor happy in general, all the way back to TIH in fact.

It's not a trend I'm a big fan of when the films suffer as a result, and several of them have imo. And since they don't seem to be interested in taking my money for some directors or extended cuts all I'm left with is a bit of grousing about the situation on the internet.
I've only heard about the probs with Thor and TIH. Were Marvel scissorhappy with their other movies? I totally say this as a fan of T:TDW too…

And that's actually a big problem in all of Hollywood. See the debacle with Weinsteins and Snowpiercer, which may be getting a reprieve after all. Hopefully.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #814
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I was under the impression they shot more Loki footage for The Dark World based on movie Loki's insane popularity. And it was a smart move.

A lot of big tentpoles have additional shooting like this. Not necessarily a sign of anything good or bad. Even the Lord of the Rings trilogy had pickups and additional photography. Let's also not forget, they shot a ton of alternate sequences that never saw the light of day such as Arwen at Helm's Deep, Galadriel at Rivendell, Orcs chasing the Fellowship into Lothlorien, etc.

- CM Punk
Old 12-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #815
CapA4414

I saw the Exclusive Clip of Captain America: The Winter Soldier when watching Thor: The Dark World in 3D! It showed a clip of *SPOILER ALERT* Cap taking down guys inside the elevator, which is little shown in the Teaser Trailer on YouTube, but then after they showed the clip, an edited version of the Teaser Trailer was shown, which either way looks good and even though the genre of the movie is a Political Thriller (even though the genre is something I'm not a fan of) but the movie looks good, I enjoyed the first movie, it was joyful and very patriotic, but in this one, The Winter Soldier is a whole new ballgame, its not World War 2 anymore, and Cap's having trouble adjusting to the real world, so its awesome to see the continuation of Captain America and his relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #816
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
Marvel re shoots all of their movies and El Mayimbe has said that they sometimes bring in different directors for heavy dialogue scenes and such.
El Maybe says a lot of crap, most of which you can ignore because it's bull****.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #817
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I think that TDW has made some people skittish about "reshoots" and Marvel cutting out most of the interesting character stuff in order to have "better pacing." And then the pacing is still wonky.
Marvel does reshoots for every film and has extra money in the budget for them, as well as time allotted. Back when CATFA was in post some fans became alarmed when reshoots were announced because Marvel's way of doing things wasn't well known. Now it elicits mostly yawns (or it should).

On CATFA they were shooting the final scene in Times Square in March or April, as I recall. That really freaked people out since they assumed it signaled some Heaven's Gate-style disaster. All that happened was they left the final present day scene with Sam Jackson for last.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #818
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Quote:
According to The Daily Superhero, Marvel Studios' next film Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be undergoing some additional photography starting in just two weeks...
Maybe we get a Pietro&Wanda cameo?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #819
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Anyone see how the Conan O'Brien show is making fun of this movie?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #820
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
You know, that's not a bad idea. Maybe have them appear in a mid/post-credit scene or something like that.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #821
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know, that's not a bad idea. Maybe have them appear in a mid/post-credit scene or something like that.
I could easily see them hinting at Ultron as well, possibly being seen initially as a prototype robot/AI that SHIELD created during their buildup to becoming more aggressive in putting down threats.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #822
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Anyone see how the Conan O'Brien show is making fun of this movie?
No what'd they do?

Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #823
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
No what'd they do?
Basically showed clips from the 1970's Captain America TV movie, one of which has Christopher Lee.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

he did this two years ago with the First Avenger:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #824
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I could easily see them hinting at Ultron as well, possibly being seen initially as a prototype robot/AI that SHIELD created during their buildup to becoming more aggressive in putting down threats.
I would love this… possibly with something similar to how EMH introduced Ultron.

What if WS, having regained some of his memories about his past, maybe turns himself in at the end of CA:TWS in order to atone for his crimes. He and Steve have some sort of "reconciliation" while he's being held by SHIELD, in The Raft/Cube/Vault/etc…. and then they reveal that Ultron or Ultrons is/are guarding the prisoners, including Rumlow/Crossbones, Zola (?), Abomination/Blonsky, Hammer (?), Aldrich Killiam.

Total setup for AoU-Masters of Evil thing.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #825
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
I'd say if there's any cameos/post-credit scenes from the AoU cast they'll be shot next year when AoU is actually filming.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Closed Thread