The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 04:21 AM   #126
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc Saucier View Post
Are we just not supposed to notice the added middle red stripe on the TWS version of the suit? It also doesn't seem to have the shoulder pads from the TFA one.
its not the same suit

Old 10-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #127
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
My take is that Pierce said that line to Cap just before he left their meeting and Cap's reply was negative. Then Cap got into the elevator and Pierce's team of loyal SHIELD agents (lead by Crossbones) attacked him on orders from the boss. Steve Rogers refused to play ball so Pierce ordered him taken into custody, simple as that.

What ever the lead up, that scene screams awesome sauce with a cherry on top. Evans' cool and calmness is just so matter of fact. No puffing out of the chest, or catchphrases. He's just like, We all know were this is going so let's cut any pretenses. It's actually kind of refreshing and something totally in line with my view of Cap.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #128
Lord
All Mighty

By the way, why were the Russo brothers hired? Did they have any spy movie credit? All i see are comedies

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #129
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Some would say it's based off of the "paintball" episodes of COMMUNITY. I actually think there is something to that. But just like actors, it's best not to pigeonhole directors into any one genre. How many times have we all been surprised by a really great dramatic turn by some well known comedian?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #130
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Am I the only one who thinks it looks dull?

This, like the other couple MCU movies that try to do 'serious', don't seem to be pulling it off. There just never seems to be enough emotional depth there, and it looks to be sacrificing its fun 'spark' in the process.

Here's hoping that the script brings the intrigue/tension.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 10-25-2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:46 AM   #131
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

^They can't all be THE DARK KNIGHT. Hell, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES proves that. And even the TDK is not the TDK many claim it to be. Just sayin'.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #132
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I'm so glad they based movie Cap off of 616. Ultimate Cap is one of the worst things in comics.
There was some good ideas in the ultimate comics that can be used for the films and then there was some horrible terrible ideas that should never leave the page.

ass**** Cap, Cannibal Hulk, Incest twins, bug eating wasp and Red Skull being caps son are just some of the things I hope we never see in films.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #133
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
There was some good ideas in the ultimate comics that can be used for the films and then there was some horrible terrible ideas that should never leave the page.

ass**** Cap, Cannibal Hulk, Incest twins, bug eating wasp and Red Skull being caps son are just some of the things I hope we never see in films.
I am not very familiar with the Ultimate comics...but here's an experience...

I walked into a comic shop and asked if he had Bone. Nope. Strangers In Paradise? Nope. Paul Pope stuff? Nope. Tales of the Beanworld? Nope. After a few more "Nope"s I asked "well, what would you recommend?" The store owner responded "You have to check out Ultimate Fantastic Four! Dr Doom is half goat!"

I never did pick up an Ultimate book.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #134
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

It's interesting to see that the amount of material that MARVEL has decided to take from the ULTIMATE line is actually pretty small. I mean... What? Jackson as Fury... And... Some, I repeat, SOME design aesthetics?

Old 10-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #135
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

maybe redford is talking to zola? commenting on his inventive work which has helped shield or hydra?

Old 10-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #136
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I'm so glad they based movie Cap off of 616. Ultimate Cap is one of the worst things in comics.
Agree that i'm glad they didn't go with the Ultimate version, but disagree about it being the worst thing in comics, that was actually the most realistic version of Captain America i've ever seen, he really looks like a man not from this age through his way of thinking and WWII nature. The Cap we're used to was actually a bit ahead of his age when it comes to the way he thinks, while Ultimate Cap is exactly what would happen if you took a solier out of WWII that way.

The Millar stuff from The Ultimates may seem a bit too much for some long time fans but that doesn't change the fact that they were very good stories, i'm quite tired of this generalisation where somebody comes to a thread and starts b****g about how much they dislike the changes in Ultimate Marvel.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #137
Slick
Monster King

Lol yup some people seem to forget that it's an alternate universe.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #138
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

doesn't make it any less terrible.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #139
Lord
All Mighty

Terrible? Except it makes sence in a real world for him to be like that, if it's not the captain america you grew up with then it's alright, but they're not trying him to be.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #140
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I just couldnt really give a crap about the ultimate u, personally
And as long as movie cap doesnt start with any dumb france bashing, it will continue that way

Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #141
Slick
Monster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
doesn't make it any less terrible.
How so? It's an alternate take why not just sit back and enjoy the story. I get it though it's not for everybody I guess.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #142
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
An observation:

I speculated some time ago -- and this trailer seems to confirm -- that the Soviets/Russians from the comics probably do not have much of a role (if any) as antagonists. The conflict appears to be primarily internal political intrigue (as we've actually known for quite some time) rather than foreign nationalistic interests (this is in line with Marvel's previous movies as well). There seem to be no named Russian characters in the cast (excluding BW of course), and WS appears to be working for... someone other than the Russians.

The only thing I can't quite explain, though, is the Red Communist Star painted on WS's arm. I remember being surprised by it when the first sent photos came out. Because its literally the only thing we've seen that even hints at a Russian connection. The only explanations I can come up with (short of WS actually being a Soviet/Russian agent) is that it's either deliberate misinformation by WS's handlers, or it possibly hints at a past BW+WS connection. Any other ideas?

Granted, Marvel seems to be keeping the villain reveal secret, as they should for a political thriller, but "it's actually Russians" just doesn't seem like the kind of exciting, unexpected twist that Marvel would consider worthy of consideration.
They could borrow the whole idea of WS as a Russian operative throughout the Cold War, but was auctioned off/stolen/taken after the war ended by Pierce. It's somewhat similar to how Lukin and Skull ended up with him in the books if I remember correctly.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #143
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
By the way, why were the Russo brothers hired? Did they have any spy movie credit? All i see are comedies
Because of the paintball episode of parks and rec. They showed they could direct action

Old 10-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #144
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I have speculated a timeline based on the trailer, what we know, and the clothes they are wearing

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

-The dive without a parachute is an opening mission to the film, they take out Batroc and his track suit wearing thugs on some ship, this is also with BW in her full uniform and doing a flip off that guy
-Cap returns to DC....these are the scenes showing his home life, him meeting Sam Wilson in the park etc BW picks him up to bring him up
-Meanwhile, Winter Solider has been taking out people
-Cap gets to shield HQ, he sees all the new military hardware etc and he's not impressed with how shield is turning into a world police/military.

-He gets a meeting with redford, redford asks him to do something he is not comfortable with, he refuses and redford realizes he knows too much and has shield try and contain him in the elevator
-He escapes with his bike as they try and shut the door on him and the quinjet even tries to head him off at the bridge, he escapes maybe even with BW's help so now they are both on the run so they change into those Mall scene clothes.
- as their investigation ramps up they get too close to something and get caught in that explosion
-Meanwhile Redford realizes he can't have shield just arrest it's director so he gets WS to try and kill him
- Falcon BW and Cap are on the run when they are also targetted by WS. they have thier epic fight in the streets and WS escapes...they visit fury in hospital after attempt on his life.
- WS tries to take our Fury again. Cap stops him...chases him across rooftops in the night, shield catch happens. Cap is pissed
- I'm sure some of the main twists happen here but I am drawing a blank at what happens between here and the helicarrier battle...

Old 10-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #145
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I don't have a link handy, but you should check out some of the interviews with them around SDCC time. They discussed the decision.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #146
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I remember Feige saying that their WS pitch basically was perfect-they're lifelong comic book readers and fans of the Brubaker storyline. Feige liked the direction they wanted to go and gave the movie to them.

It really looks like they made something special.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #147
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

I gotta say, this trailer impressed me. Kick ass! They gave a lot but said little. Perfect for now.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #148
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

The director choices have been different, bold and -so far- succesful.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #149
BoredGuy
Killing Time

the cinematography in the trailer is beautiful too
i cant quite put my finger on it, but its just visually dazzling, more than any other marvel movie (or at least trailer) so far

Old 10-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #150
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Remember guys....uncensored cursing is not allowed on the Hype in any form. Posting a warning that your post contains it does not keep you from being infracted.

Closed Thread