Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #276
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Youtube

Likes-47,927
Dislikes-878

That's more likes than diehard X-Men fans here.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #277
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Since you have your pulse on general audience reactions and non-fan site impressions, could you please link to at least half a dozen of your observations.
Try the bigger general entertainment sites. The comments are scattered all over them and try Tumblr. A mixed response on there. Same with people I know on Twitter.

I have people on my Tumblr dash who aren't X-Men fans but have seen the movies. I reblogged some of the scenes and they were complaining about lack of action etc. I told them that it's a teaser and it's meant to be about showing the public a duel cast movie is coming out. Then I had to explain the DOFP plot because they just didn't get what was going on

I think the lack of Sentinels is part of the problem. If you haven't read the comics or seen the cartoon then you'd be wondering what the threat actually is because it doesn't show it or say. It is a bit vague, I had to admit to them. I don't think it's dull, boring etc which I've seen it described as loads of times, but I can see why the GA wouldn't be blown away. Not even all the fans were. It is a rather tame trailer.

The worst offender for the complaints is IMDB. There is a lot of moaning about it on the DOFP movie page there. People think Rogue will be doing nothing again. Complaining about so and so not being in it. They hate Storm on there for some reason. A lot of them are GA and a bunch of whiners

Old 10-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #278
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

IMDB Is not a good place to get accurate view of GA.It's so antiX-men Films and antiFox and antiBryan Singer almost as much as comments on SHH homepage.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #279
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
IMDB Is not a good place to get accurate view of GA.It's so antiX-men Films and antiFox and antiBryan Singer almost as much as comments on SHH homepage.
That's why I said they were the worst and a bunch of whiners. I wasn't actually counting them when I said general sites. I mean the entertainment news places that post anything and everything to do with the media. It's a mixed bag in the comments about the trailer.

IMDB should never be taken seriously because they complain about everything. They have moaned so much about the characters, storyline, actors, director etc etc etc They don't like anything. You get some reasonable posters but on the whole the place is unreadable. I tried last night and left quickly

Old 10-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #280
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
A lot of them are GA and a bunch of whiners
If they have taken the time to register on IMDB, and are discussing X-Men on an X-Men movie board, they aren't the general audience.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #281
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
If they have taken the time to register on IMDB, and are discussing X-Men on an X-Men movie board, they aren't the general audience.
Amen.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #282
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

They aren't even X-men fans.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #283
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Amen.
Most of the recent posts are from the GA. They saw the trailer and only then came to the page. It actually isn't very active normally from what I've seen. But since yesterday it has sprouted about 100 new threads. Most of them on the same things. Though like I said I wasn't counting them and I don't take seriously anything IMDB posters say. They dislike basically everything on there.

You won't get a unbiased view of the trailer on fan sites like this or whiny sites like IMDB. It's best to look on general sites where non-fanboys and non-complainers go. Which is what I've been talking about. There some like it and some don't.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #284
Angamb
Banned User

I think that technically, General audiences are the viewers than dont read movie sites or boards and just go to the theatre from time to time, when they learn a new cool movie is coming (either by tv spots, posters on the streets, or a trailer before another movie a few months before the actual release)

So Id put this order, from less to more fans:

- General audience
- General movie lovers
- Comicbook lovers
- Marvel fans
- X-Men fans

Old 10-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #285
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Most of the recent posts are from the GA. They saw the trailer and only then came to the page. It actually isn't very active normally from what I've seen. But since yesterday it has sprouted about 100 new threads. Most of them on the same things. Though like I said I wasn't counting them and I don't take seriously anything IMDB posters say. They dislike basically everything on there.

You won't get a unbiased view of the trailer on fan sites like this or whiny sites like IMDB. It's best to look on general sites where non-fanboys and non-complainers go. Which is what I've been talking about. There some like it and some don't.
People who go on IMdB forums are not the 'general audience'...lol

The general audience find out about movies from newspapers and mainstream news sites, see the trailer on TV, go to see it, talk about in the car on the way home and then forget about it.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #286
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
People who go on IMdB forums are not the 'general audience'...lol

The general audience find out about movies from newspapers and mainstream news sites, see the trailer on TV, go to see it, talk about in the car on the way home and then forget about it.
When I say they're GA I mean they aren't proper X-Men fans. They don't go to the board or talk about it normally. They only went after they saw the trailer on other sites. So they aren't fanboys, therefore they're closer to GA. But as they're going to the board just to complain then I don't include them when I'm talking about GA. Those are people who casually saw the trailer and then mentioned it without any bias. They don't normally talk about it all.

That's why I said I wasn't including IMDB. 90% of posters on there hate the movies on principle. There is always threads moaning about Rogue not being the cartoon version, Halle being Storm and Cyclops being dead lol

Last edited by xDOFPx; 10-30-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #287
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

How long do you think before they give a Rogue pic or a bit of real plot info?

Old 10-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #288
Angamb
Banned User

Empire will have a X-Men special tomorrow, so maybe they release some promo shots.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #289
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Empire will have a X-Men special tomorrow, so maybe they release some promo shots.
I'm not really expecting anything from that because Singer told Empire he didn't want to say how she's in the movie yet. So they may also hold off on promo pics

I really really really really hope I am wrong and we get a pic. Two small clips isn't a lot. A promo pic would keep me going for a while.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #290
Angamb
Banned User

well, I think we'll get all the promo shots sometime in November or December.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #291
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
well, I think we'll get all the promo shots sometime in November or December.
But will Rogue be included? They are being so secretive with her.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #292
Angamb
Banned User

all the pics of X3 came together, so they wont release all the characters except her, lol

Even if she has the grey suit, its still a promo pic without a spoiler, since the audience already saw the trailer with her shots

Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #293
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
But will Rogue be included? They are being so secretive with her.
I agree, I don't think we'll see anything Rogue in the promo-related arena until next year. They are going to keep her wrapped up in mystery for a long time.

It's obvious that Bryan knows very well that fans are most invested in her character and he wants to keep that speculation/buzz going as long as he possibly can. I now know we will not see/hear much about her until the release of the movie. I've come to expect that now rather than set myself up for disappointment when he chides away from Rogue questions.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #294
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

If I don't expect her to get anything then if she does I'll be happy, and if she doesn't then I won't be disappointed.

I didn't expect Rogue to get anything in the trailer and when she didn't it meant I could easily accept that. I hope she'll get a pic in Empire or very soon. But I'll also prepare myself for her being kept a secret for a bit longer. She is obviously a massive spoiler. It's been clear all along she was.

Don't forget Anna didn't get any BTS stuff when all the others did. She was missing from the SDCC press conference and Anna doesn't answer any questions in interviews. So that is why it wouldn't surprise me if they hold off on her promo pic longer than the others. They're saving her for hype and spoiler reasons.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #295
neemer5
Side-Kick

Interesting that Singer won't even hint at Rogue's story. That's actually encouraging for Rogue fans.

People are interested in Magneto and how Rogue is affected by him. She won't be. Too much has changed in the world. Magneto turned out to be right. Heck, Rogue may agree with his tactics after what she's been through. Besides, they work together in X2 without too much issue.

As far as someone's speculation of Rogue time-traveling... no. Kitty didn't time travel, and neither will Rogue. That's because the trailer made it very clear that only the mind travels back in time, and Rogue and Kitty don't have a body to travel to. They weren't born yet. Besides, I'm pretty sure Logan was picked because his healing factor has something to do with it. Otherwise Charles would have done it himself.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #296
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Rogue did have an issue with Magneto in X2. She tried to attack him but Bobby pulled her back. She will not be alright with Magneto, not unless they unbelievably had time to become friends in the last 10 years.

He realistically won't like her because she voluntarily took the cure in the past - she's a mutant traitor. And she hates him because he tried to kill her. There is bound to be tension there. It doesn't mean it will stop Rogue agreeing to whatever her actual part in the plan is, but it will mean she'll be less than happy he's the one breaking her out of prison. That's why it is him. They have unfinished business so it creates a nice undertone to their scenes and it adds to the emotional angst in the scenes.

Kitty is the one sending Wolverine to the past. Rogue is possibly the one who has to bring him back again, because if he can't return the new future can't happen going by what how Singer explained the time travel. She might be all that stands in the way of everything failing. That's assuming the Vulture spoilers are right. But It's looking almost certain they are. I love that she is probably the most important part of the plan by the end. She may ultimately save mutant kind.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #297
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Stop making sense!

Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #298
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

They won't have registered on there to talk about DOFP lol. They just happen to already be registered on IMDB.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #299
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Youtube

Likes-47,927
Dislikes-878

That's more likes than diehard X-Men fans here.
Not even 1,000 dislikes!

What a $UCCE$$!
Quote:
I just can't wait with the top comments.

We got the trailer and the top comment was about Cyclops.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #300
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
They won't have registered on there to talk about DOFP lol. They just happen to already be registered on IMDB.
I don't think BMM implied that they did register just to talk about DOFP. Just that if they were there in the first place and are now posting on the X-Men forums there, they're not the general audience.

Unless you've walked every street in the world with a clipboard in the last 24 hours, asking people what they thought of the DOFP trailer, you really have no idea what the consensus of the general public is about it. None of us really do.