Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #326
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I wonder what Rogue's family and the families of the others think about their children being hunted, locked up or killed by Sentinels.

I also wonder if Rogue ever returned home when she was human again for a time. If she did she probably got rejected again after the cure wore off.
I don't think Rogue would have a family other than the X-Men to come home to. Look what happened in X1, she went rogue after she kissed her boyfriend and never went back to her family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Except for, you know, Iceman's family. He's shown family. This isn't a television show. We don't have the luxury of returning week after week to these characters, showing family outside of being important to the plot or message, doesn't seem necessary. The X-Men are their own family. It's kind of the point.
Exactly. Some people expect FOX do these things in a 2 hour movie. But thats just impossible.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-03-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #327
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
It's not only his factor healing, he's also the only X-Men that can survive the "travel" and has a body in the 70's. Rogue could easily absord his healing factor and travel with him, but them what? Where could her mind end?
I think they could send Rogue's mind into a different body if they want to.

But of course Professor X has his morals and he wouldn't something like that. At least with Wolverine, they are using his younger body. And with Professor X, they used a body of a man that was in comma and I think Professor X did that because it was his last resort to live.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-03-2013, 06:24 AM   #328
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think Rogue would have a family other than the X-Men to come home to. Look what happened in X1, she went rogue after she kissed her boyfriend and never went back to her family.

Exactly. Some people expect FOX do these things in a 2 hour movie. But thats just impossible.
Rogue may have gone back to see her family when she was human again. She thought she was staying that way, she didn't know the cure wouldn't last. She may have thought they'd accept her now. I'm not sure she was close with the X-Men after that. We'll have to see what DOFP says about how long she's been away from them.

No-one expected the family scenes in DOFP. We were wondering aloud how the human families would react to it being their child getting hunted or killed. If they'd object to what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think they could send Rogue's mind into a different body if they want to.

But of course Professor X has his morals and he wouldn't something like that. At least with Wolverine, they are using his younger body. And with Professor X, they used a body of a man that was in comma and I think Professor X did that because it was his last resort to live.
I doubt that's how it works in actual time travel. It will probably be only the minds of people who already have a consciousness in that time period can travel there. Professor X will simply know from his own actions in X3 that a transfer of consciousness is possible. And going by the screaming Wolverine clip, his healing powers probably will be the biggest reason it's him and not Magneto or Professor X.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 11-03-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #329
neemer5
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If only Wolverine's mind/consciousness is travelling, I don't see what a physical healing power has to do with it. It sounds like justification for wanting him to be at the centre of everything yet again.
He said the process is extremely painful. Yeah, its a made up symptom, but that's how they justify it. Because if the only requirement is going back to a younger body, Xavier and Magneto would make more sense, since they don't have to "convince" themselves.

As for sanding back rogue, absorbing his powers, and then transferring her mind into another body... that's just unnecessarily complex.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #330
Melapi
Side-Kick

Now that Hugh Jackman and James Mangold are in talk for The Wolverine sequel, I can't stop thinking that they almost cast Rogue in TW.

Now that Anna is no longer pregnant, I hope James Mangold tries to bring her back as Wolverine badass companion.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #331
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now that Hugh Jackman and James Mangold are in talk for The Wolverine sequel, I can't stop thinking that they almost cast Rogue in TW.

Now that Anna is no longer pregnant, I hope James Mangold tries to bring her back as Wolverine badass companion.
That's defently possable.I can defently see them putting rogue In followup to the Wolverine.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #332
Double B
Side-Kick

Oh, I dearly, dearly, dearly want Logan, Rogue and Yukio in Russia.

Rogue can somehow get some new posers. It's awesome. And the added $$$ power of Anna, as well as Hugh, and maybe a nice big name as Omega Red, would be great.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #333
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I doubt Rogue will be in it. I'd love to believe she would be, but they couldn't fit her the first time.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #334
Melapi
Side-Kick

Of course they didn't, Anna was 7 months pregnant. It didn't even make sense to try.

It they want her, is not very dificult to get her back in Wolverine life. They were pretty close.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #335
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't see Rogue being in the Wolverine 3 movie. I think Yukio is more an obvious choice to accompany Wolverine.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 11-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #336
DOFP
Side-Kick

I was looking at the tour set video for DOFP, I guess the vulture reports are true, for a sec you can see Rogue and Kitty standing over Logan's body . . .
Go check it out! It's free on itunes

Old 11-06-2013, 06:40 AM   #337
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course they didn't, Anna was 7 months pregnant. It didn't even make sense to try.

It they want her, is not very dificult to get her back in Wolverine life. They were pretty close.
Actually, they said they couldn't find the right way to fit her into the storyline. It had nothing to do with Anna. I don't think they'll find a way in any sequel either.

I'd prefer she was in a OT sequel. I don't need Logan hogging yet more of her screen time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
I was looking at the tour set video for DOFP, I guess the vulture reports are true, for a sec you can see Rogue and Kitty standing over Logan's body . . .
Go check it out! It's free on itunes
I can't find it

Was she wearing the jumpsuit?

I guess this confirms the Vulture spoilers. We know her role, or basically do. It also confirms Kitty can walk around. Now the question is why can't she bring Wolverine back? I wonder what happens to her powers.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #338
Super Film
Side-Kick

You also see Rogue sitting in the jet with Magneto and Xavier, and a shot of her feet climbing the jet's ramp. Gray jumpsuit. Looking haggard.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #339
Super Film
Side-Kick

Image of Rogue in the jet.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Closer

The extent of which we see her with Shadowcat and Wolverine. Far left.

Last edited by Super Film; 11-06-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #340
UrbanCougar
Side-Kick

Wow, thanks for those photos, SuperFilm!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #341
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Image of Rogue in the jet.

Closer

The extent of which we see her with Shadowcat and Wolverine. Far left.

Thank you!! You are my champion

Rogue looks good. I like the hair and the jumpsuit is good, actually. She looks like comic Rogue. I am guessing that suit is all she wears in the unaltered future part. Nice to finally have some scene material for her. They must have been saving her for this release on the DVD. But iTunes put it up first.

The Vulture spoilers look 100% true now.

Seems like she's rescued by Professor X, Magneto and Iceman from the internment camp and flown to the temple to take over from Kitty. Who is looking rather sweaty. Maybe she's dying

Well, this does also seem to confirm or at least heavily support that Storm, Colossus and the new mutants are probably dead. Otherwise why would Professor X and Magneto go themselves. I wonder if Rogue has actually seen Professor X alive since X3.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 11-06-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #342
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

My guess based on Photos

Sentinles attack temple STorm,Colossus,and new Mutants are killed.The strain of phasing wolverine into past Is too much for kitty,and Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman track down Rogue and bring her to temple to abosrb Kitty's powers In hope of both bringing wolverine's mind back and keep Kitty from dying from strain

Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #343
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
My guess based on Photos

Sentinles attack temple STorm,Colossus,and new Mutants are killed.The strain of phasing wolverine into past Is too much for kitty,and Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman track down Rogue and bring her to temple to abosrb Kitty's powers In hope of both bringing wolverine's mind back and keep Kitty from dying from strain
That's what I'm thinking as well. Though it could be Kitty is actually dying because of the strain or an injury and Rogue has to absorb the powers because of that. Maybe when she gets there Kitty hasn't gotten long left and her absorbing her could finish her off.

It has to be something serious. It can't just be Kitty needs a sleep and a pee, so Rogue has to take it in shift turns. Kitty has to be close to being unable to use her powers at all. Because she's dying or the strain has depleted her. If it's not that then it would seem a little lame.

The Vulture spoilers said something happened to her during the procedure. So I think it is either her body or her powers are about to be unusable. That would make the risk to get Rogue seem worth it. And it ups the drama.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #344
Angamb
Banned User

Im avoiding all the new pics

lets see how much time passes until some sites start posting, tho

Old 11-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #345
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im avoiding all the new pics

lets see how much time passes until some sites start posting, tho
They're not especially spoilery. Well, other than it shows who she'll interact with and who will get her from the prison (if that is for sure where she is). And you get a better look at the hair and the jumpsuit.

There's not much more there than we already got clues about from the two trailer clips. And our speculations/Vulture spoilers.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #346
Angamb
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I'll try to avoid as many pics as possible and little info like who are the ones she shared screentime with, even if Ive seen some names on here already

but I'll keep trying to avoid future reports and comments

so thanks for all the spoilers tags, users

Old 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #347
04nbod
I need to debrief you

So disappointing about Bobby and Rogue. The whole Kitty thing reeks of X3. Tough for Bobby I guess, he traded down. Here's hoping Rogue's a badass. I'm thinking all powerful like in evo!

At least once, and then the timeline reverts.

And she's back with Bobby.

What? I like them.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #348
Mars123
Side-Kick

Wow, this is amazing! It's brilliant to see the pictures! Brilliant

Old 11-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #349
Great Mind(s)
Broken

How awesome is that pic in the X-Jet?? Xavier and Magneto flying side by side in the jet, the girl they fought over in X1 sitting in the back. So epic.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #350
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can't wait

Closed Thread