Dat awful wig!

But yay, glad to see Rogue.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #352
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
So disappointing about Bobby and Rogue. The whole Kitty thing reeks of X3. Tough for Bobby I guess, he traded down. Here's hoping Rogue's a badass. I'm thinking all powerful like in evo!

At least once, and then the timeline reverts.

And she's back with Bobby.

What? I like them.
They very likely won't be back together. That relationship is bound to over in any timeline. Anna seemed excited about Rogue moving on to Gambit in a sequel. That's always said to me Iceman/Rogue are completely over, I thought so even before we got confirmation. Plus she'll she be untouchable so it's unworkable for them. She won't magically be touchable in an altered future. Her gaining control over her powers will have to wait for another movie.

Bobby will probably still be with Kitty in the new timeline. And it's a better choice, not a trade down. He had no real spark or compatibility with Rogue. He's not for her. She had a crush on Logan through most of her romance with Bobby, which always showed he wasn't really her type. He couldn't keep her full attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
How awesome is that pic in the X-Jet?? Xavier and Magneto flying side by side in the jet, the girl they fought over in X1 sitting in the back. So epic.
It's very symbolic. It really shows how the situation means everyone has no choice but to work together.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #353
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It's very symbolic. It really shows how the situation means everyone has no choice but to work together.
Which is very much what happened in X2.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #354
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
Which is very much what happened in X2.
Not to this extent. And Rogue didn't willingly work with Magneto then. This time she will have to.

Plus Magneto wasn't her rescuer then either. This is completely different.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #355
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
And Rogue didn't willingly work with Magneto then. This time she will have to.
That's a bit oxymoronic. Which is it? Will she willingly work with him? Or will she have to?

You seem like the kind of poster who will easily be disappointed in what actual happens with all the character building and relationships you're working out based on the very little actual information we're getting.

It's cool to work with that in your head, I just don't think it's obvious that they'll be acknowledging these past discretions (be it with Magneto, or Iceman) as directly as you seem to imply will happen.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #356
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Film View Post
That's a bit oxymoronic. Which is it? Will she willingly work with him? Or will she have to?

You seem like the kind of poster who will easily be disappointed in what actual happens with all the character building and relationships you're working out based on the very little actual information we're getting.

It's cool to work with that in your head, I just don't think it's obvious that they'll be acknowledging these past discretions (be it with Magneto, or Iceman) as directly as you seem to imply will happen.
No, it's not an oxymoron. She will have a choice this time on whether to help the plan or not. In X2 it wasn't her choice. She was in no position to object to being around Magneto. In DOFP she could. But of course she won't because mutant survival depends on it. It's still a different situation though. The dynamic is different.

Yes, I am still expecting her to be less than happy to see Magneto being one of her rescuers given their past. Hugh has confirmed Wolverine still hates Magneto and we'll see that. I seriously doubt Rogue will be all friendly with him when she has more reason to still hate him than Logan does. I think you're underestimating the undercurrents that are bound to exist in the plot. It adds layers to the narrative. And animosity doesn't cease to exist just because survival dictates people chose to work together.

Singer loves adding emotional layers to scenes. So I don't see why DOFP would be an exception. The emotions and plot are unlikely to be as clear cut as you believe they will be.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #357
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
My guess based on Photos

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sentinles attack temple STorm,Colossus,and new Mutants are killed.The strain of phasing wolverine into past Is too much for kitty,and Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman track down Rogue and bring her to temple to abosrb Kitty's powers In hope of both bringing wolverine's mind back and keep Kitty from dying from strain
And they would leave injured Kitty in temple alone, I don't think so. She has to have guards.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #358
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
And they would leave injured Kitty in temple alone, I don't think so. She has to have guards.
Not necessarily. The other three may have no choice but to leave her and go and get Rogue. If the situation is desperate enough they'd take that risk.

It might take the powers of all three to get Rogue out. There isn't any evidence yet that the other characters are still around by that point. They could easily be dead. Or possibly captured. They don't need to have died, maybe they get captured and taken by the Sentinels. But the others don't have the man power to save them. And the only reason they're risking it for Rogue is out of necessity.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #359
Mars123
Side-Kick

Is it me or is there a fascination at killing xmen?!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #360
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Is it me or is there a fascination at killing xmen?!
No. It's just it makes sense to the plot. Singer himself has said most mutants are dead or captured. So the Sentinels are out to do that. Plus the comics had characters dying. It's part of the original storyline, and it's doubtful it's a part the movie will skip. Some of them have to die for realism.

But it doesn't matter if they do because they probably won't be dead in the altered future. So they can go to town with the killings. It's war and that means death.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #361
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
They very likely won't be back together. That relationship is bound to over in any timeline. Anna seemed excited about Rogue moving on to Gambit in a sequel. That's always said to me Iceman/Rogue are completely over, I thought so even before we got confirmation. Plus she'll she be untouchable so it's unworkable for them. She won't magically be touchable in an altered future. Her gaining control over her powers will have to wait for another movie.

Bobby will probably still be with Kitty in the new timeline. And it's a better choice, not a trade down. He had no real spark or compatibility with Rogue. He's not for her. She had a crush on Logan through most of her romance with Bobby, which always showed he wasn't really her type. He couldn't keep her full attention.

I like her with Gambit too but thay have the exact same problems with her powers. Get them together and we're doing the same plot she had in X2

Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #362
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

umm it's the yr 2023 I highly doubt Rogue would still be pissed at Magneto for what he did back in X1, LBVS. I think she'll get on the band wagon cause prof. X ask's her to even thought they barely had any scenes together in X1-3, she'll do it for him, her "father" figure, so to speak.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #363
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
I like her with Gambit too but thay have the exact same problems with her powers. Get them together and we're doing the same plot she had in X2
They can find a way around her powers in a sequel. She has control of her powers in the comics now. But they don't have the time or opportunity to do that at the end of DOFP. That's why it's highly unlikely she will be with Bobby in an altered future. The reasons they broke up in the other would still apply. She will still be very much untouchable as they couldn't explain why she wasn't there.

I wouldn't be surprised if him and Kitty are still together if there is an end scene of the new timeline.

Quote:
umm it's the yr 2023 I highly doubt Rogue would still be pissed at Magneto for what he did back in X1, LBVS. I think she'll get on the band wagon cause prof. X ask's her to even thought they barely had any scenes together in X1-3, she'll do it for him, her "father" figure, so to speak.
Hugh has confirmed Wolverine still hates Magneto, and they still had tension in TW credit scene. So if it still exists with them then it makes sense that it would still exist for Rogue/Magneto. He did try to kill her so that's not a grudge she's likely to ever really get over.

Of course she'll do her part in the plan regardless of Magneto. She'd do it for herself, mutant kind, the X-Men and Wolverine. But that doesn't mean she'll be happy to see Magneto there. Or that she won't have some kind of tension with Bobby. Singer won't pretend the past dynamics don't exist.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 11-06-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #364
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

It certainly seems by the stills that Rogue is undercover in the Prison. How Magneto and Xavier broke her out so easily leads me to believe she was there for a purpose as opposed to being caught.

Seems like they blew her cover to save Wolverine. And I agree with DOFP she's going to play her part in the plan eventhough she probably still hates Magneto (rightly so). Only playing along for the X-Men and most importantly Wolverine.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #365
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
It certainly seems by the stills that Rogue is undercover in the Prison. How Magneto and Xavier broke her out so easily leads me to believe she was there for a purpose as opposed to being caught.

Seems like they blew her cover to save Wolverine. And I agree with DOFP she's going to play her part in the plan eventhough she probably still hates Magneto (rightly so). Only playing along for the X-Men and most importantly Wolverine.
Singer said the others are on the run and most mutants are dead or captured. Rogue has no reason to be undercover. It's almost certain to be what it looks like. She got captured at some point, now they need her powers so they have to risk breaking her out.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #366
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Dat awful wig!

It looks good on camera from what we saw so I'll wait to say if it's "awful" or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #367
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
It looks good on camera from what we saw so I'll wait to say if it's "awful" or not.
I thought it looked good on camera and in the pics. It reminds me of comic Rogue's hair from a few years ago.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #368
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Nice to see these pics of Anna Paquin!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #369
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post

Complete fan-fiction fare. Nothing in the stills implies Rogue is undercover. Nothing in the stills implies it was easy for Magneto and Xavier to break her out.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #370
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I would bet there will be Sentinel action when they rescue her. It will probably be the equivalent of when the X-Men go into the sentinel HQ in the comic. Sneaking in to rescue Rogue in the movie. I bet she won't be happy they waited until they needed her for them to rescue her...

Old 11-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #371
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I would bet there will be Sentinel action when they rescue her. It will probably be the equivalent of when the X-Men go into the sentinel HQ in the comic. Sneaking in to rescue Rogue in the movie. I bet she won't be happy they waited until they needed her for them to rescue her...
I'm not sure Sentinels would fit in the tunnels. I suppose they could be outside the camp. I'd love to see Rogue help to fight one. I'm being cautious though

You can't blame her if she is angry that they only came to get her when they needed her. I imagine the camps are hell on Earth. She probably gets tortured and treated like an animal in there. They have no problem killing mutants, so treating them well in camps won't be realistic.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #372
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Oh so much speculation on this thread, spoken so matter-of-factly!

Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #373
kasjan
Side-Kick

Nimrod, Bastion or 11ft Sentinels would fit to those tunnels.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 AM   #374
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Oh so much speculation on this thread, spoken so matter-of-factly!
A lot has been heavily supported by the clips and pics. We aren't saying it's 100% true, we're saying it looks likely.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #375
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Nimrod, Bastion or 11ft Sentinels would fit to those tunnels.
The Mark X may be a shorter version of a Sentinel like that. We haven't seen one so we can't be sure.

Closed Thread